Calendar of Events for Thursday 25 August 2016:
- Today, Mega Craft Night at Cape Charles Baptist Church from 5-8pm. All ages welcome (five and under must have an adult attend too.) The evening will be full of crafts and dinner will be provided. You must pre-register. Call the church office at 331-2110.
- Tomorrow, Peg and Friends performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Peg Snowden Volk takes the stage with surprise guests! Playing from the American song book and fun originals. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Tomorrow, Fridays at LemonTree Gallery and Studio presents Jeremy Lasley and the Lastones. This band from Virginia Beach should get you grooving with various styles of new grass, folk, rock and blues. 6pm-8pm Free Admission. Refreshments/Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles
- Tomorrow, Chicken Salad Platter/Chicken Salad by the Pint - 4:30 to 6:30PM at Oak Grove UMC 30053 Seaside Road in Melfa. Platter includes chicken salad, sides, dessert, and tea or coffee for $8. Pints are $8. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions, call 710-4920 or 787-1508. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to a local charity.
- Tomorrow, Last day to register for the 2016 Eastern Shore Master Naturalist Basic Training Class. Classes are held on Thursdays starting Sept. 8 through November 10 from 9 am to 3 pm at the Historic Onancock School. Fee for the 10-week is $95. For more information, visit the website, www.masternaturalistesva.com or call Mimi Stitt, 757-678-7879.
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Tomorrow, 4th Friday Breakfast at Tasley VFW Post 2296.
- Saturday 27 Aug, Matt, Wayne and Bill performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Acoustic duo Matt and Wayne Young featuring Bill LeCato on the piano. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 27 Aug, Mega Free Movie Night at the Palace Theatre in Cape Charles from 7-9pm. Miracles from Heaven. Everyone welcome. Sponsored by Cape Charles Baptist Church.
- Saturday 27 Aug, Veterans Pork Bar-B-Que Sale by Tom Shrieves - 11am to 2pm at 25534 East Main Street in Onley. Pint or Dinner $8.
- Saturday 27 Aug, Yard sale in front of Uniques and Antiques on Main St in Melfa Summer and winter clothes in all sizes, shoes,Kirby Vacuum, outdoor heater, blankets, pictures, books, dishes and kitchen items, wine glasses, knickknacks, plants, and so much more!
- Saturday 27 Aug, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 27 Aug, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Sunday 28 Aug, The King's Ambassadors in Concert at 4pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road, Keller. Everyone is welcome!
- Sunday 28 Aug, Dedication of House by ES Habitat for Humanity - 2pm at the house, 13163 Bethel Church Road, Mappsville, VA Many of the volunteers who helped build the house will be there, along with many of the other Habitat homeowners and supporters. All are invited to join the festivities. A reception with light refreshments will be provided following the ceremony. Anyone who attends is asked to bring a 'pound' of any essential household supply such as coffee, sugar, flour, rice, etc. Please call the Habitat office for information about the dedication or the programs of Habitat- 442-HOUS (4687).
- Sunday 28 Aug, Oyster Farm 2nd Annual Bash by the Bay featuring live music by the Deloreans - 5:30 to 9:30pm. Gates open at 2:30 pm, Melinda and the Benders start at 3pm. Food, Drinks available for purchase. More information call 757/331-8663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or check Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery.
- Monday 29 Aug, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 30 Aug, LemonTree Gallery and Studio presents Watercolor Class with Thelma Peterson. Children's Class:10am-1pm $30 (1/2 price for siblings, materials included) Adult Class:2pm-5pm $60 (Materials not included) Please call to register:or for more info:757-331-4327 301 Mason Ave. Cape Charles
- Wednesday 31 Aug, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Friday 2 Sep, Fridays at LemonTree Gallery and Studio presents "Three Quarter Time." Dan Duke and Dennis Kelley host this open jam. Bring an instrument and play along! 6pm-8pm Free Admission. Refreshments/Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave. Cape Charles
- Friday 2 Sep, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Sunday 4 Sep, Accomack 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 2:00 PM. The meeting and shooting activities will be held at the Noaawiva Sportsmen range near Oak Hall on Rt. 175E. Club membership is open to all girls and boys from 9 to 18 years old. Youth learn gun safety and shooting skills under the guidance of certified instructors. Call 757-442-7287 for further information.
- Sunday 4 Sep, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Monday 5 Sep, Labor Day
- Tuesday 6 Sep, LemonTree Gallery and Studio presents Sea Glass Jewelry Class with Kathy Grook. Learn different methods of wrapping wire around unique pieces of sea glass. Participants will make earrings. $60 (materials included) 2pm-4pm Call to register 757-331-4327 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles
You can add to this calendar
Quote of the Day: