Calendar of Events for Thursday 27 October 2016:
- Today, Free Workshop for Prospective Entrepreneurs - 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Eastern Shore Community College in Melfa. Admission to the program is free but registration is required no later than Oct. 24. For registration and more info, visit www.vtknowledgeworks.com/acceleration_services/foundersretreat. Space is limited.
- Today, The Sawubona Interplay session will use movement, music, storytelling and stillness to help us explore our thoughts and feelings about the ďTo Be SoldĒ exhibit. Interplay will be led by Karen Hatch and Malaika Nanette Mitchell. Eastern Shore Public Library in Accomac on Thursday, October 27th 6-7:30 pm.
- Today, Halloween Story Hour - 10:30 am in the Eastern Shore Public Library at 23610 Front Street in Accomac. Children ages two to six and their caregiver are invited to come in costume and enjoy an hour of stories and activities.
- Today, The Good News Club meets from 3:45 to 5:15pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. All children are welcome to join the fun. Bus transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are expected to pick up their kids promptly from the church. For more information call Pat Huffman at 757-442-9600
- Today through Tomorrow, 5th Annual Haunted House from 7pm to 11pm at the Old Onancock High School. Hope to scare you there!!
- Tomorrow, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Booze and Boos Comedy and Costume Contest with Eric Hack.Get ready for a spook-tacular time this Halloween weekend. Wear a costume and you may win a prize from one of our celebrity judges! 6pm-8pm Free Admission. Refreshments/cash bar. Family friendly. 301 Mason Avenue, Cape Charles 757-331-4327
- Tomorrow, Matt, Wayne and Bill performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Acoustic duo Matt and Wayne Young accompanied by Bill LeCato on the piano. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Tomorrow, Johnson's UM Church's Men's Club is having its Fall Clam Fritter Supper 5-7 PM at 11175 Bayside Rd., Machipongo. Cost:Adults $10, Children $4. All-you-care-to-eat menu of clam fritters, hush puppies, potato salad, coleslaw and dessert. UMW is having mini-bazaar with quilts, new cookbook, chicken salad $7/pt and more. Call (757)678-7531 for more info.
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Tomorrow, 4th Friday Breakfast at Tasley VFW Post 2296.
- Saturday 29 Oct, The Fall Festival at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller is coming! This is an annual favorite for young and old! It includes a "Trunk or Treat" and much more! Costumes (not scary) are welcome at 6pm! Join the Fun!
- Saturday 29 Oct, Fall Art and Food Bazaar and Auction at Franktown United Methodist Church. 9:30am-2:30pm. Lunch from 11:30 - 1. Auction starts at 12:30. Local artists, vendors, baked goods and more.
- Saturday 29 Oct, Sawubona InterShare is a series of slide presentations by Dr. Arthur Carter followed by facilitated audience discussions. The topic discussed will be ďRace:The Power of Illusion.Ē Eastern Shore Public Library in Accomac on Saturday, October 29th 1-3 pm.
- Saturday 29 Oct, The Reasoners performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Halloween fun with Red Miller and David Parks playing blues, rock and more! Costumes welcome! Call 442-3800 for info and reservations.
- Saturday 29 Oct, Trunk or Treating - 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm on Mason Avenue in Cape Charles! Please contact Jen Lewis if you would like to register your car or golf cart.
- Saturday 29 Oct, The Color Run - 3pm at the Cape Charles Gazebo to benefit the Northampton Wrestling Team and the Fight for Karren Paglia $5.00 for students $10.00 for adults purchase your tickets now at www.northamptonwrestlingva.com or at Northampton High School office
- Saturday 29 Oct, Nassawadox firehouse lot yardsale! Multi family(multi) 7am-until Priced to sell... last sale of the season!
- Saturday 29 Oct, Yard Sale at the Onancock Elks Lodge 22454 Front St. Accomac 7am til noon. Vendor spaces available 757-787-7750
- Saturday 29 Oct, Big Bucks Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Sunday 30 Oct, Gospel Sing at Colonial Baptist Church, Belle Haven, Va. at 3:00 P.M. Favorite local talent.
- Sunday 30 Oct, Virginian Wesleyan Chorale - 4 PM at Hungars Church. The concert is free of charge and will be followed by a reception.
- Monday 31 Oct, Chincoteague Trick or Treat - 4pm-7pm on Main Street, Chincoteague Island. Come and be safe for a Happy Halloween sponsored by the Historic Main Street Merchants Association.
- Monday 31 Oct, 5th Annual Haunted House at the Old Onancock High School from 7pm to 11 pm. Final night!
- Monday 31 Oct, Trick or Treat - dusk to 8pm in Cape Charles. Masks are not permitted for youth over 12 years of age. Town curfew will be strictly enforced for anyone under 18 years of age.
- Monday 31 Oct, Parksley Trunk or Treat - 5pm to 7pm in the Town parking lot. Two Costume Contests with cash prizes. Refreshments provided by Grace United Methodist Church and Parksley Baptist Church. Candy for children 12 and under in costumes. For more information call 665-4618.
- Monday 31 Oct, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 31 Oct, Halloween
- Tuesday 1 Nov, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Beautiful Bounty Note Cards in Oil Pastels with Eden Ertle from 12:30-2:30 Create greeting cards to spread thanksgiving wishes to your friends and family. All materials provided. Cost is $35 per one class or $60 to enroll in both. 301 Mason Ave. Cape Charles. 757-331-4327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday 2 Nov, Grace United Methodist Church in Parksley is having its Wednesday night supper from 5:30 to 6:30 serving rolls & dessert. Adults-$8, Children (6-12)-$4 and under 6-Free. Take outs-$10 and families $25. Take outs-$10 and families $25. All are welcome!
- Wednesday 2 Nov, Trivia returns to The Oyster Farm - Test your knowledge with Host Erik Hack. Grab a team and compete for prizes.
- Wednesday 2 Nov, Cheriton Vol Fire Company Pancake Dinner - Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs Sausage, Baked Apples, Tea, Coffee and Orange Juice. All you can eat. Adults $9.00 Kids $5.00 November 2, 2016 Time 5 PM to 7 PM . Thanks for your support!
- Wednesday 2 Nov, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6pm-10pm. Special Bob Dylan tribute hosted by Peg Volk. Reservations recommended at 757-442-3800.
- Wednesday 2 Nov, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 3 Nov, ďBlack-Owned Businesses in Cape Charles and Surrounding AreasĒ - 6pm to 8pm at the Barrier Islands Center in Machipongo, Virginia. The speaker for the evening will be Mr. Thomas Godwin from Cape Charles. Seating is limited. For more information call 757.678.5935 or 757.787.8590.
- Thursday 3 Nov, Owl Walk at The Nature Conservancy's Brownsville Preserve, 11332 Brownsville Rd, Nassawadox. 6:00-7:30 pm. FREE. Contact email@example.com for more info.
- Thursday 3 Nov, RN Program Information Sessions at ESCC - Students interested in the Cooperative Registered Nursing Program with ESCC and TCC, are required to attend one of two info sessions at 1:00pm or 5:30pm in room 139 at the Workforce Development Building on Campus in Melfa. This would be for the Fall 2017 session.
- Friday 4 Nov, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Northampton High School Written and Spoken Word Open Reading. Support our community's budding writers. 6pm-8pm Free admission. Refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave. Cape Charles 757-331-4327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday 4 Nov, From Britain to France. The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore performs works by British and French composers, including Vaughan Williamsís Charterhouse Suite, Ravelís Pavane pour une infant defunte, and Bizetís Carmen Suite, and works by Holst, Grainger, and Lully (7:30 p.m., at Historic Cokesbury Church, Onancock). OES concerts are free; donations welcomed.
- Friday 4 Nov, Peg Volk and Friends performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Peg and her talented guests playing originals and American Songbook favorites. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Friday 4 Nov, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 5 Nov, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Local favorite with classic acoustic sound. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 5 Nov, Set clocks back one hour tonight
- Sunday 6 Nov, A Pot Luck Lunch will be held at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller immediately following the 11am Worship Service. Bring a covered dish and join us. We're also having an Operation Christmas Child Box Packing Party after the Luncheon. Everyone is welcome to both events. Donations of children's items are welcome.
- Sunday 6 Nov, From Britain to France. The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore performs works by British and French composers, including Vaughan Williamsís Charterhouse Suite, Ravelís Pavane pour une infant defunte, and Bizetís Carmen Suite, and works by Holst, Grainger, and Lully (4:00 p.m., at Hungars Episcopal Church, Bayside Rd., Bridgetown). OES concerts are free; donations welcomed.
- Sunday 6 Nov, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tuesday 8 Nov, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents 3 Artist Workshops with Bethany Simpson. This class will focus on style and composition. Tuesday October 11, 25 and Nov 8. 10am-2pm $45/workshop $120 for all three classes. Call to register or for more info. 757-331-4327 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles
- Tuesday 8 Nov, Election Day
You can add to this calendar