Calendar of Events for Thursday 26 November 2015:
- Today, Thanksgiving Day
- Today through Saturday 28 Nov, Assateague Island Watefowl Weekend - Chincotague National Wildlife Refuge Open House with special events and programs. (757) 336-6161.
- Tomorrow, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing acoustic Irish and Celtic tunes. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Tomorrow, Heather & The Inspectors rock it out @ Giddens' Legendary Do Drop Inn 8 - Midnight. $5/door. Come out and dance off that Thanksgiving dinner!8204 Bayford Road, Weirwood, VA. info @ 442-2139
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Tomorrow through Saturday 28 Nov, 29th Annual Deborah Waterfowl Show/Auction - Carvers and artists display for competition and sale. Contact Jean Clark at (757) 336-3478 for more info.
- Saturday 28 Nov, 2nd Annual Redneck Romp 10 miler & 5K run/walk at Powell Memorial Park, Wachapreague, VA. For more info call 757-999-4999 or go to http://www.redneckromp.net
- Saturday 28 Nov, Annual Holiday Tree Lighting in Chincoteague. Robert N. Reed Downtown Waterfront Park. 5pm. Sponsored by Historic Main Street Merchants
- Saturday 28 Nov, The Muddy Gems performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Johnny "Rock" Rochford, Laurel Lynn Rochford and Jay Sanchez play acoustic and electric blues, ballads, and rock'n'roll. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 28 Nov, 18th Annual Cape Charles Historical Society Oyster Roast - 5pm to 9pm at the Cape Charles Museum. Live music by “Off the Hook”. Tickets - $35 adults and $10 for children 7-12 - available at the Museum and Periwinkles in Cape Charles by cash or check, or over the internet by credit card:send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating number of tickets desired, and we will bill you through PayPal
- Saturday 28 Nov, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 28 Nov, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Sunday 29 Nov, Handel's Messiah Community Sing-Along - 4:00 pm at Hungars Episcopal Church in Bridgetown. No rehearsals required--just show up and sing (or just listen)! Bring a score or borrow one while they last. Part I and Halleljah Chorus. Accompanied by the Orchestra of the Eastern Shore and Stefan Dulcie on pipe organ and harpsichord. Free admission and open to the public, with reception following.
- Monday 30 Nov, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 2 Dec, Community Concert and Health checks:The Foods, Nursing and Band classes at Nandua High are presenting an event for the community. It begins at 9a.m. in the school auditorium with a concert. Guests will then be treated to snacks made by the Foods classes and blood pressure checks by the Nursing students. This is free and open to the public. If you have questions please call 710-5961.
- Wednesday 2 Dec, Cheriton Vol.Fire Co. presents Tim Abraham's fabulous Fried Chicken Dinner. Fried Chicken, Flat String Beans, Cole Slaw, Baked Apples, Rolls. desserts coffee and tea. Adults:$9.00 Kids $5.00 Time 5 -7 PM
- Wednesday 2 Dec, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 3 Dec, The Nature Conservancy's Holiday Open House at Brownsville (Nassawadox) 4:00pm-8:00pm - Free and open to the public. Bring family and friends for farm hayrides until dark and holiday cheer by the campfire. Tour the historic Brownsville home and warm up with apple cider, homemade sweets, cheeses, dips, campfire hotdogs and ham biscuits. 11369 Brownsville Road, Nassawadox. (757) 442-3049
- Friday 4 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 5 Dec, 20th Annual Historic Homes Tour - 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM in Cape Charles
- Saturday 5 Dec, Chincoteague Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade - Floats, bands, fire companies from all around the Eastern Shore, King Neptune & Mermaid Queen, and a special visit from Santa. 7 pm.
- Saturday 5 Dec, 6th annual holiday craft show at Bloxom Vol. Fire Company. There's vendors for every taste country decor, food items, home decor and crafts. Door prizes through the day. Admission only $1 with canned food or brand new toy donation.
- Saturday 5 Dec, Santa Train
Come on out and visit with Santa and his helpers as the Bay Coast Railroad helps him on his long journey to the North Pole!
|9:00am||Cape Charles||11:45am||Nassawadox||2:25pm||Melfa |
- Saturday 5 Dec, Grand Illumination - 5:30 pm at the Cape Charles Central Park.
- Sunday 6 Dec, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
You can add to this calendar