Calendar of Events for Monday 26 January 2015:
- Today, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Today, Eastville Baptist Church Spaghetti Dinner 4:30 to 6:30pm Cost:donation
- Wednesday 28 Jan, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 28 Jan, Flapjack Dinner - 5 to 7 pm at the Cheriton Fire Station. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, baked apples, and tea, juice, or coffee. Adults $9, children under twelve $5.
- Thursday 29 Jan, Winter Lecture Series. 6:30PM. Join the Historical Society in welcoming Kirk Mariner at Onancock Baptist Church for a 3 part lecture series. Reverend Mariner will explore the local view of slavery on the Eastern Shore of VA between the end of the American Revolution to the beginning of the Civil War. Free for Society members. $5 public. shorehistory.org or 757-787-8012.
- Thursday 29 Jan, Shore Little League will be having an organizational meeting at 6:30pm at the ballfield
- Thursday 29 Jan, 8pm live acoustic music at the Chair Place on the Craddockville corner with plenty of parking and seating. Large stage to see/sing to bluegrass, blues, classic rock, country, gospel, folk, etc. Bring your instruments, byob for a fun night in the middle of the week hosted by Bill A.
- Friday 30 Jan, ESVAPC Omaha Eight Poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Friday 30 Jan, Spaghetti Dinner at the Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Road, Melfa; 4:30-6:30PM; Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad, garlic bread, dessert, and tea or coffee. No charge, however, donations will be accepted. Eat in or carry out. To place orders or for questions call 710-4920,710-0392, or 710-8730. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove.
- Friday 30 Jan, Holy Trinity, Onancock is sponsoring a benefit Coffee House from 6:00 to 9:00 PM. We have an "open mic" so all are invited to join in sharing talents. Coffee and refreshments provided. Free to all. All donations going to Food Bank of the Eastern Shore.
- Saturday 31 Jan, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 31 Jan, SAMMI's Clubhouse. 9:30-11 AM. SAMMIís Clubhouse returns to Ker Place for the winter weekends. SAMMIís (Stories And Many More Imaginings) is open for all youngsters aged 4-10. Stories, plays, and games from around the world will be enjoyed. Admission is free. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 757-787-8012 or email email@example.com.
- Saturday 31 Jan, Joshua Barrett performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Josh is the host of open mic events in Chincoteague. The Clam Shack is happy to have him visit and perform original songs, classic blues and all time favorites! Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Sunday 1 Feb, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 1 Feb, Freedom Day
- Sunday 1 Feb, Accomack 4-H Shooting Education Club meeting from 2:00 - 4:00 PM at the Noaawiva Sportsmen Club on Rt. 175E near Oak Hall. The club membership is open to all girls and boys from 9 to 18 years old. Youth will have opportunity to learn shooting safety and skills under the guidance of certified instructors. Call 757-442-7287 for further information.
- Tuesday 3 Feb, Accomack Northampton Transition Council for Students with Disabilities. Presentation by WWRC staff on Post Secondary Rehabilitation Transition. Info on Child Find and other topics. Namdua High School from 4 pm to 5:30 pm. Door prizes. Light refreshments. For more info call 757-787-5821.
- Wednesday 4 Feb, First Wednesday Open Mic Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. Fred Karam visiting headliner. Bold Rock Hard Cider tasting. Support our local musicians and entertainers! Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Friday 6 Feb, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Friday 6 Feb, An evening of astronomy at the NASA Visitor Center - Join us from 7-9 pm to view some of our cosmic neighbors up close. Jupiter will be visible as well as a nearly full Moon. Telescopes will be provided by the Delmarva space science foundation. Call 757-824-2297 for more information.
- Saturday 7 Feb, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 7 Feb, The Beekeepers' Guild of the Eastern Shore is offering its sixth annual ďBeginning Beekeeping ClassĒ at the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce in Melfa, on two consecutive Saturdays, 2/7&14,from 9am until 2:00 PM. The cost of the class is $20.00 for the first family member and $10.00 for additional members.Contact Linda Goldstine at Linda@Goldstine.net or call 442-7767. Pre-registration required.
- Saturday 7 Feb, Mike Hawker performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Mike is a local favorite playing blues and rock. Nightly dinner specials. Call 442-3800 for info.
You can add to this calendar