Calendar of Events for Saturday 3 December 2016:
- Today, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents From Sea to Tree:Sea Glass Ornament Workshop with Kathy Grook. Let the magic of the sea bring coastal charm to your holiday this year. Join fellow makers to create a sea glass ornament under the guidance of artist Kathy Grook. 1-4pm $60 materials provided. Call 757-331-4327 or email email@example.com to register.
- Today, Lighted boat parade at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek Marina from 6:30pm. Docktails and DJ Music at the Cabana after the parade
- Today, Booksigning of "1776 Delmarva:Defending Delmarva During the American Revolution" by Phil Webster at the Book Bin in Onancock, Virginia from 12 to 2 PM.
- Today, Chincoteague Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade - Fire trucks, high-stepping equestrian units, decorated boats, shiny classic cars, stately marching groups, impressive motorcycles, and glittering floats will parade down Main Street.
- Today, Santa Train
|Cape Charles ||9:00am || | Nassawadox||11:45am|| | Melfa ||2:25pm|
|Cheriton ||9:50am || | Exmore ||12:30pm|| | Onley ||3:30pm|
|Eastville ||10:40am|| | Painter ||1:35pm || | Parksley||5:00pm|
- Today, Children's Christmas Party - 12pm to 2pm at American Legion Post 159 in Chincoteague. Story-telling, face-painting, games and goody bags. Light lunch will be served. Free and open to all children ages 2-10. For planning purposes, please call the Legion at 757-336-9749 with the number of adults/children who plan to attend.
- Today, Grand Illumination - 5:30 pm at the Cape Charles park. Come out and enjoy live music before the lighting of Central Park. Cookies and refreshments will be served. A lighted golf cart parade will enter the park with Santa Claus immediately following the lighting of Central Park.
- Today through Tomorrow, Alternative Gift Fair at Franktown United Methodist Church. Come meet representatives from several outreach ministries on the Shore. Donate to them in honor of someone on your Christmas list. 10-2pm December 3 and 9-12 December 4th. Gift cards will be available
- Today, The Exmoreons will be playing your favorite oldies, surf, blues, rockabilly, country, classic rock at the Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30pm to 8:30pm in the best area restaurant. Relax, eat, drink, and listen to Eddy Dixon and BK Kurzbard do their best to make you have a great experience,
- Today, Regular Bingo returns at Eastville Bingo hall. New program, $500.00 Jackpot, Lucky 7 Must Go! Early Birds start at 7pm.New Break the Bank Game!
- Tomorrow, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tomorrow, A Potluck Supper will be held at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller immediately following the Worship Service. Everyone is welcome. Please plan to join us!
- Tomorrow, Accomac Old Fashioned Christmas at the Courthouse Green. There will be Christmas carols, music by the Accomack Community Band, a tree lightning and refreshments. Bring the family!
- Tomorrow, Eastville Tree Lighting at 5:30 at the town park. Homemade cookies and music at the Historic Eastville Inn immediately following for some good old fashion caroling. Mrs. Claus will be making a visit. We would love to see you.
- Monday 5 Dec, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 7 Dec, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 7 Dec, Grace United Methodist Church in Parksley is having its weekly dinner serving , rolls and desert. Adults-$8.00, children-$4.00, under 6-free, families-$25.00. All are welcome!
- Wednesday 7 Dec, The Nature Conservancy's Brownsville Holiday Open House, 4:00-8:00 pm. Wagon rides, tour the historic home, light food and drink. FREE and family friendly. Historic Brownsville House - 11369 Brownsville Rd, Nassawadox
- Wednesday 7 Dec, Trivia with Eric Hack at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Come test your knowledge and show everyone how smart you are. Prizes for the top 3 scores.
- Wednesday 7 Dec, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. Local talent hosted by Peg Volk. This month will be a Special Holiday Edition! A night for merriness! Reservations recommended at 442-3800.
- Thursday 8 Dec through Saturday 10 Dec, Mid-Atlantic Rockfish Shootout Weigh-In station on the pier at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday 8 Dec, The U.S. Fleet Forces Band will be performing a Holiday Pops Concert at 7:00pm at Nandua High School. This concert is free admission and open to the public. Tickets can be picked up at the Book Bin in Onley and H&H Pharmacies in Oak Hall and Chincoteague.
- Friday 9 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 9 Dec, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Open Mic Night - Holiday Edition featuring Scott, Melinda, Sheila & Adam. Calling all musicians, poets, storytellers and performance artists! 6-8pm Free Admission. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar.
- Friday 9 Dec through Sunday 11 Dec, Christmas in Onancock - Christmas Homes Tour, Music Festival, Holiday Decorations, Hometown Christmas Parade and more.
- Friday 9 Dec, Peter Hartzler performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Pete plays awesome acoustic classics! Also buy healthy hemp products at the Shack! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 10 Dec, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 10 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 10 Dec, Santa Comes to Town - Kayaking reindeer lead Santa?s arrival by boat at the Onancock Town Dock, where he will listen to children?s holiday wishes.
- Saturday 10 Dec, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Peace Cranes:Origami Ornament Workshop with Sharon Whitman. Enjoy the soothing practice of origami. Fold by fold, we'll get into the holiday spirit together. $10 materials provided. Call 757-331-4327 0r email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Saturday 10 Dec, Cole Stevens & The Delta Daggers - Rhythm, Roots & Blues @ Giddens' Legendary Do Drop Inn Holiday Bash! Doors open @ 7:30 p.m. music @ 8:30 p.m. Food available for sale. $10/admission. 8204 Bayford Rd. Weirwood, VA 23413 Call 757-442-2139 for info.
- Saturday 10 Dec, Turkey Shoot at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac 10am til ?
- Saturday 10 Dec, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Jeff has an array of covers songs that he makes his own! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Sunday 11 Dec, Onancock Christmas Parade - Fire trucks, ponies, floats, bands and more, from across the Eastern Shore of Virginia, will parade down Market Street and through town.
- Sunday 11 Dec, The 12th Annual Chowder Cook Off at the Pearl Event Center at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. Local restaurants battle it out! Come and vote for the Best! $20.00 advance adult ticket - $10.00 kids ticket. $25.00 at the door. $5.00 of each ticket supports your local fire department.
- Sunday 11 Dec, Children's Tea Party with Mrs. Claus - 2pm at Hampton Inn & Suites in Chincoteague.
- Wednesday 14 Dec, NHPS Annual Dinner & Membership Meeting at the Historic Eastville Inn. Hear guest speaker, Kellee Blake on "To Be a Virginian:The Civil War in Northampton County." $65-members/$75-non members. Reservations required. Visit:www.northamptonhistoricpreservationsociety.com.
- Thursday 15 Dec, Third Thursday Open Mike Poetry and Storytelling Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm. Local poets and wordsmiths hosted by Ken Sutton. Special Holiday edition! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 16 Dec, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Fa la la Festive Friday. Join us for carols with William Neill, fresh roasted chestnuts, lively conversation, complimentary refreshments and cash bar. 6-8pm 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles 757-331-4327
- Friday 16 Dec, The Muddy Gems performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Husband and wife duo "Rock" and Laurel Rochford from Virginia Beach. Acoustic and electric favorites! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 17 Dec, 13th Annual Greens, Gifts and Goodies Holiday Sale presented by the Town and Country Garden Group. Woman's Club of Accomack County Clubhouse on Richmond Ave in Onley from 8 AM until 1PM. Holiday decor, baked goods, soups, meals ready to eat, gifts and more. Bring the kids for breakfast with Santa beginning at 8:30.
- Saturday 17 Dec, The Friends of the Eastern Shore Public Library sponsor Visit with Santa at Accomac Library from 10am to noon. All children will receive a candy cane, book mark and a book (in English or Spanish). Bring your camera to capture the special holiday moment. Call 757-787-3400 for more information. Accomac Library, 23610 Front St, Accomac VA 23301
- Saturday 17 Dec, Matt, Wayne and Bill performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Acoustic duo Matt and Wayne Young accompanied by Bill LeCato on the piano. Holiday gifts galore at The Shack! Call 442-3800 for info.
You can add to this calendar
Funny Quote of the Day: