Calendar of Events for Monday 1 September 2014:
- Today, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Today, Labor Day
- Wednesday 3 Sep, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 3 Sep, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6 - 10 p.m. Support our local musicians, poets, and entertainers! Hosted by Peg Volk. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Wednesday 3 Sep, Grace UMC in Parksley is having a Wednesday night supper. This week the menu is chicken and dumplins, succatash, candied yams, Rolls and Cake. Cost is $ 7 per adult, $ 3 per child, $ 9 per carryout, max $20 per family. Funds are used for ministry and mission work of Grace.
- Thursday 4 Sep, The Northampton Free Library in Nassawadox will be showing the movie "Watermen", 3rd in the Eastern Shore Heritage series, at 2 and 7 pm. Free admission.
- Friday 5 Sep, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Friday 5 Sep, American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Nandua team the Blue Crabbers will host a trendy accessories bingo at the Parksley Firehouse in Parksley, Va. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. with games beginning at 7.
- Friday 5 Sep, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7 - 9 p.m. David Kohut and Eric White (formerly The Celtic Sessions) will play classic Irish tunes and Celtic acoustics. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 6 Sep, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 6 Sep, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 6 Sep, Mike Hawker performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7 - 9 p.m. Mike is a Shore favorite with his classic rock and acoustic blues. Nightly specials and healthy menu options. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Sunday 7 Sep, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 7 Sep, Grace UMC in Parksley will be having worship at 9 AM in the Chapel, 11 AM in the Sanctuary and our Questions service at 7 PM in the Chapel. Sermon is "My Heart is Holy:Social Holiness".
- Sunday 7 Sep, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for:Holy Eucharist with Healing Service at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. Godly Play (religious education for children) at 10:50. All are always welcome!
- Monday 8 Sep through Sunday 14 Sep, Join the drive to end hunger in your community, by having your organization or group fill a food bag with non-perishable food and take to the Food Bank in Tasley, Virginia during the week of September 8-14, 2014. If you need additional information, call 757.787.8590.
- Wednesday 10 Sep, Drinking Liberally - 7pm to 9pm at the Charlotte Hotel in Onancock. See livingliberally.org for details.
- Wednesday 10 Sep, Lunch & Lecture:Landmark Trees of Onancock. 11:30 AM- 1 PM. Walk. Talk. Repast. Join us at Ker Place as Onancock Tree Board President, Bill Burnham, points out the significant trees living among us. Come prepared to walk casually for 45 minutes and enjoy lunch at Ker Place afterwards. $20 members. $25 non- members. www.shorehistory.org
- Wednesday 10 Sep, All are invited to Holy Trinity, Onancock's Feed Your Faith/Dinner and Discussion. Potluck dinner at 6:00 p.m. Discussion adjourns at 8:30 p.m. TOPIC:“Christianity for the 21st Century":classic doctrines of the Christian faith with an eye towards translating that faith to our current younger generations. This is open to all. Come ask your questions.
- Thursday 11 Sep, Patriot Day
- Thursday 11 Sep, Open House at Heritage Hall in Nassawadox from 4:30-7:00pm, please join our staff and special guest Senator Lynwood Lewis to celebrate our AHC Silver Quality Award. Please RSVP at 442-5600. Hors D'Oeuvres and refreshments will be served.
- Friday 12 Sep, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 12 Sep through Saturday 13 Sep, Festival of the Arts at Ker Place - Celebrate the arts in historic style with the Eastern Shore Artisans Guild and the Eastern Shore Art League at Ker Place. Over 40 juried exhibitors in hand-crafted items, fine art and photography will be present for you to peruse. Artist demonstrations will be held throughout the day. www.shorehistory.org/festivalofthearts
- Friday 12 Sep through Saturday 13 Sep, 11th Annual Chincoteague Plein Air Painting Event - For more info, visit www.ChincoteagueCulturalAlliance.org
- Friday 12 Sep, The Lowlanders playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Friday night is Irish night with David Kohut and Eric White performing classic tunes and Celtic acoustics. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 13 Sep, Acoustic Duo Matt and Wayne Young featuring Bill LeCato performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Matt and Wayne play your favorite rock, blues and country tunes with Bill LeCato on the piano. Great music and great food! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Sunday 14 Sep, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. All are welcome!
You can add to this calendar