Calendar of Events for Sunday 26 June 2016:
- Today, Walking Tour of Historic Eastville - 4:00 PM. This guided walking tour will highlight the rich history of the Eastville Court Green as well as many homes and commercial buildings. $10/adult, $5/children under 12. Tour is approximately 1 hour. Rain date is Monday, June 27th at 5:30 PM. Go to www.northamptonhistoricpreservationsociety.com to register and for directions.
- Today, Soprano Anna Sterrett performs "Sing Me a Story" at Hungars Episcopal Church at 4 pm. She'll be accompanied by pianist Stefan Dulcie in this program which includes works by Barber, Villa-Lobos, and Alabiev. This program is presented to the public free of charge by the Hungars Music Ministry, and is followed by a reception in the Parish House. For more information, please call 757-678-7837.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tomorrow through Wednesday 29 Jun, Vacation Bible School, June 27th-July 1st. Craddockville Church 8:15am/Pancakes, 8:30am/Opening, 11am/Closing Call 757-442-9195 or 757-710-3921 for more information. CUMC, 33464 Boston Rd, Craddockville, VA 23341
- Tuesday 28 Jun, "Women in Technology" Expo at Eastern Shore Community College in Melfa, 5:30pm-7:45pm. Demonstrations of 3D Printing, computer repair, & welding. Keynote address "Empowering Women Through Science and Technology", plus a panel discussion, door prizes, and refreshments. All are welcome!
- Tuesday 28 Jun, Blue Plate Special - A workshop to refurbish second-hand and discarded ceramics to make new, unique and usable works of art. The workshop includes lessons from LemonTree Gallery and Studio's featured artist Julia Jacquette, ceramic dishes, kiln firing, and light refreshments. Kids Workshop:10am-1pm, Adult Workshop:5pm-8pm. Please call 757-331-4327
- Wednesday 29 Jun, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 29 Jun, FREE weekly soup kitchen at The Corner Stone Seventh Day Adventist Church in Exmore. The soup kitchen is held every Wednesday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and is open to anyone needing a meal.
- Wednesday 29 Jun through Saturday 2 Jul, Wachapreague Volunteer Firemens Carnival
- Friday 1 Jul, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 1 Jul, Mike Hawker performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Local favorite with great acoustic sound. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 2 Jul, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 2 Jul, Art in a Barn as part of Experimental Film Virginia events - 6:30pm at Seaview Creek Farm on Seaside Road near Cape Charles. A barn transforms into a pop up gallery and performance space. Free and open to the public. For more information call LemonTree Gallery and Studio 757-331-4327
- Saturday 2 Jul, M.L. Flenner performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Popular singer/songwriter visiting the Eastern Shore. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Sunday 3 Jul, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 3 Jul, Ice Cream Social - 6:30pm to 8pm at the Gazebo Park in Onancock. Grab a chair or lay out a blanket, and enjoy what makes the night before the Fourth of July so special in Onancock. Fun music, friendly faces and, of course, Ice Cream. The Community Band will entertain as volunteersí staff the tubs and dole out the scoops for as long as the ice cream lasts. Good times and fond memories are expected to linger a bit longer.
- Monday 4 Jul, Independence Day
- Monday 4 Jul, July 4th Festivities - 8am to 8pm in Cape Charles. Food & Artisan vendors along the beachfront, live music and fireworks after dark! For details see the flyer
- Wednesday 6 Jul, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. July headliner is Pete Hartzler. Guest host Carl Rose-Jensen. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Friday 8 Jul, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 8 Jul, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing Irish and Celtic tunes! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 9 Jul, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 9 Jul, Experimental Film Virginia Film Premiere - 7pm at the Historic Palace Theater in Cape Charles. Free and open to the public. Followed by Bayamo Party at the Yacht Center. For more information call LemonTree Gallery 757-331-4327 or visit www.experimentalfilmvirginia.com
- Saturday 9 Jul, The Reasoners performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Red Miller and David Parks playing classic rock, blues, and more! Call 442-3800 for info.
You can add to this calendar