Birthdays and Anniversaries:
- Happy birthday to Brian Crockett
- Happy birthday to Mildred Foeman
- Happy 68th birthday to Franco Nocero
- Happy 65th birthday to Thomas A Fox Jr.
- Happy 48th birthday to Dr. Catherine Turlington
- Happy 31st anniversary to Pastor Steve & Denise Edwards
- Happy 30th anniversary to Billy and Janet Sturgis
There are 53 birthdays and 9 anniversaries this week
Calendar of Events for Tuesday 6 October 2015:
- Tomorrow, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. Hosted by Peg Snowden Volk. Wonderful showcase of local talent! Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 8 Oct, Library Building Committee meets at the vacant Farm Fresh Building in Parksley at 10:00 a.m. The public is invited to attend. For info, call 787-3844.
- Thursday 8 Oct through Sunday 11 Oct, 23rd Annual Eastern Shore Birding & Wildlife Festival - see the website for details.
- Friday 9 Oct, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing acoustic Irish and Celtic tunes. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 9 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 9 Oct through Saturday 10 Oct, The North Street Playhouse is excited to kick off its NEW season with 'The Velocity of Autumn' directed by Sara Stuart and starring E.A. McMath and Thom Nolan! The fun starts at 8pm both nights! Tickets:$12 Adults $10 Senior $8 Students. Call us at (757) 787-2050 or visit www.northstreetplayhouse.com to reserve your tickets!
- Saturday 10 Oct, 43rd Annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival - All you can eat oysters & more. Tickets sell out quickly! Call (757) 336-6161 today!
- Saturday 10 Oct, Swine & Wine - 6pm to 10pm at Bill Parr's Barn in Cape Charles. Roast Pig (& Chicken) Wine & Beer. Cash Bar. The incredible music of Mr B & the Boys. Proceeds benefit Boys & Girls Club, Eastern Shore Unit. Tickets to the event are $50 and $40 for young adults 30 years and younger. For information on sponsorships or to purchase tickets, call Shannon Gordon at 787-7577 or go to www.swineandwineforthekids.com.
- Saturday 10 Oct, ACES presents "Orquesta Tropikiimba" at 7:30 PM at Nandua High School in Onley. An authentic Latino/Caribbean band, Tropikiimba presents energetic and exciting concerts of great arrangements of Salsa, Bolero, Merengue and more. Sponsored by Ed Weber Contracting. Tickets:Outlets & Online $20; Door $22; all student tickets $5. Additional information:www.aces.org or 757-302-0366.
- Saturday 10 Oct, 7th Annual Circle of Life Run/Walk at the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge - See runsignup.com for details.
- Saturday 10 Oct, Cheriton Vol. Fire Co.Pit-cooked Pork BBQ Dinner. Robbie Mapp Junior's Famous BBQ. Smokey, Zesty Pork BBQ, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Coffee or Tea and lip-smacking Desserts. Come for lunch or dinner 12pm to 6pm. Adults $10 Kids $4. Quarts to go $8 Rescheduled from 10/3
- Saturday 10 Oct, Cornhole tournament from 2pm to 7pm. Refreshments and prizes! Register today . Call 665-4149 for more info.
- Saturday 10 Oct, Matt and Wayne Young playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Featuring Bill LeCato on the piano! A night of great music! Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Saturday 10 Oct, ACES presents Orquesta Tropikiimba - 7:30pm at Nandua High School in Onley. Celebrate the passionate music of the Caribbean. For more info visit www.tropikiimba.com.
- Saturday 10 Oct, Troy Ashe Memorial Pistol Tournament at Eastern Shore Safaris, Jamesville from 9am-3pm.
- Saturday 10 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 10 Oct, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Monday 12 Oct, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 13 Oct, Flatfooting Gathering at the Cape Charles Civic Center. Come one, come all to experience the laid back fun of flatfooting, a style of improvised percussive dance from the Appalachian mountains. Led by Bill McGlothlin. Free of charge, donations accepted to pay the musicians.
- Wednesday 14 Oct, The North Street Playhouse is excited to offer Theatre Classes for ages 10-18 taught by Mary Stiegelbauer! When:Wednesdays, beginning Oct. 14 - Nov. 18. Cost:$100. Time:5:30pm-7:00pm. Students will learn theatre terminology, acting, movement for actors, and stage combat! Call us at 757-787-2050 to sign up! A wonderful course for advanced and beginner actors and actresses!
- Thursday 15 Oct, Third Thursday Poetry and Storytelling Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Hosted by Peg Snowden Volk. Season Kick Off featuring Robert Arthur and other local poets and storytellers. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Thursday 15 Oct, Woman's Club of Accomack County invites the public to a Candidate's Forum at the club house on Richmond Avenue in Onley. Program will begin at 2pm. Stop by and meet the candidates for the Nov. 3rd elections. Further info call Laura Belle 787-2908.
- Thursday 15 Oct, Book Group. Open to the public Meetings are at Naomi Makemie Presbyterian Church Onancock Va. ? 3rd Thursday of each month, 1-3 PM
- Friday 16 Oct, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing acoustic Irish and Celtic tunes. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 16 Oct through Saturday 17 Oct, Ker Art & Maritime Festival at Ker Place in Onancock. 10/16 Preview Night/Cocktail Party 5:00 to 7:00. $15 Admission. Tickets can be purchased online at www.brownpapertickets.com or at the event. 10/17 10:00 - 5:00 FREE and Open to the Public! For more information, visit www.shorehistory.org/events/
- Friday 16 Oct through Saturday 17 Oct, 48th Annual Upper Shore Decoy Show (http://www.upperbaymuseum.org/decoyshow/) Hosted by the Upper Bay Museum; the oldest continually running decoy show in the country. $5 general admission. Show open Friday 4pm-6pm, Auction Preview Party (advance tickets, $20, email@example.com) & Auction at 7pm. Show open Saturday 9am-4pm. North East Volunteer Fire Company, North East MD
- Saturday 17 Oct, Country Fair Bazaar at the Market Street UMC, 8 am - 1 pm Country Store, Bake Shop, Curiosity Shop, Crafts, Apples Galore, Jewelry, Pork BBQ, and Chicken Salad. Book Signing by author, Rev. Dr. Kirk Mariner:"Methodism in Onancock".
- Saturday 17 Oct, Free Noaawiva Youth Sportsfest Event. Just for youth -- a safe, fun experience in shooting sports without cost to participants is planned for October 17. Our Youth Sportsfest Event is open to all girls and boys, ages from 8 to 18. . See http://www.noaawiva.com for further information or call George Foster 757-442-7287. Rain date October 24.
- Saturday 17 Oct, The Exmoreons performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. BK Kurzbard and Eddie Dixon rock the house with their blues and classic covers! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Sunday 18 Oct, "Lecture on the Lawn" at "Stratton Manor" - 2:00pm to 3:00pm. Learn the history of this home built in 1764 on Plantation Creek near Cape Charles along with the story of its preservation through the years. Lawn chair required. $10 donation upon arrival. Weather Dependent. For directions go to www.northamptonhistoricpreservationsociety.com or call 757-999-1299.
- Sunday 18 Oct, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
You can add to this calendar