Calendar of Events for Wednesday 26 November 2014:
- Today, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Today, Thanksgiving Eve- Grace United Methodist Church and Parksley Baptist Church are having a combined Thanksgiving Eve service at 7 PM at Grace. Grace is located at the corner of Bennett Street and Wilson Avenue. Come enjoy a time of fellowship, praise and thanksgiving. An offering which is for the Parksley Fire Department will be taken.
- Today, Community Prayer Service at Franktown United Methodist Church, 7551 Bayside Rd. at 9:00 a.m. Join us as we pray for the city of Ferguson, Missouri and its people, and as we lift up prayers of peace, justice, and racial reconciliation for our community here on the Eastern Shore, our nation and our world. All are welcome.
- Tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day
- Tomorrow through Sunday 30 Nov, Assateague Island Waterfowl Weekend - Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge holds Open House and offers special events and programs to mark the fall migration of waterfowl to the refuge. Visit www.fws.gov/northeast/chinco.
- Tomorrow, Holy Trinity Onancock invites you to Thanksgiving Day Holy Eucharist at 10:00 a.m.
- Tomorrow, Parksley Thanksgiving Community Dinner - On Thanksgiving Day, from 1 PM to 4 PM, a free dinner for anyone who wishes to come and share fellowship will be offered. Dinner includes Turkey, Dressing and all the Fixins, Dessert and Drink. Come as you are and join this community celebration. Dinner is hosted by local area churches and businesses and will be at the Parksley Fire Department.
- Friday 28 Nov, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 28 Nov through Saturday 29 Nov, 28th Annual Deborah Waterfowl Show and Auction - The last decoy show of the year for Chicnoteague carvers and artists. Come do your Christmas Shopping at the Chincoteague Combined School at 4586 Main St.
- Friday 28 Nov, The Lowlanders playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Classic Irish and Celtic tunes by David Kohut and Eric White. Call 442-3800 for info www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Friday 28 Nov, Festive Fridays in Cape Charles, Nov 21-Dec 26. 5-8PM You deserve a stress-free, magical holiday experience. Savor it in one of the Shore's most enchanting bay towns during not 1 but 6 Festive Fridays. Shopkeepers warmly welcome,csidewalk carolers fill the air, romantic carriage rides, luminaries light up your heart and the quaint downtown, and seasonal specials abound at our bistros and boutiques.
- Friday 28 Nov, Welcome back to the legendary “Giddens’ Do Drop Inn,” creating memories. Doors open 7 p.m., showtime 7:30 p.m. Live bands, dancing, and much more!
- Saturday 29 Nov, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 29 Nov, John Baldwin performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. John has opened for groups such as Steeley Dan, Rusted Root, Michael McDonald and Delbert McClinton. His lastest CD is "Six String Slinger." www.johnbaldwinmusic.com Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Saturday 29 Nov, The Redneck Romp 10 Miler & 5K run/walk at Powell Memorial Park, Wachapreague, VA. Visit official website:www.RedneckRomp.net and find us on facebook or call 757-999-4999
- Sunday 30 Nov, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. Godly Play (children's religious education) at 10:50. All are welcome!
- Monday 1 Dec, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 3 Dec, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to Feed Your Faith:Our series runs through Dec 17. The topic is "The Jesus Fatwah:Love Your (Muslim) Neighbor as Yourself". Potluck dinner at 6:00 p.m., discussion at 7:00. Come even if you don't have time to fix a "dish" there's always plenty to share.
- Thursday 4 Dec, Betsy Q will be visiting Pungoteague elementary school! Betsy Q starts singing at 6 pm. Hot dogs, chips and drinks can be purchased starting at 5:30.
- Thursday 4 Dec, Everyone is invited to The Nature Conservancy's Brownsville Open House 4:00-8:00 pm. Come enjoy campfire, hayride 'til sunset, tour historical home, see conservation slideshow, and good food - apple cider, homemade sweets, cheeses, dips, ham biscuits, s'mores, and other treats. Please bring family and friends to enjoy the festivities!
- Friday 5 Dec, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Friday 5 Dec, The Northampton County Chamber of Commerce 19th Annual Holiday Tasting Tour, Christmas by the Bay in Cape Charles. Call 757-678-0010 or click here for more information.
- Saturday 6 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 6 Dec, Chincoteague Old-fashioned Christmas Parade - Floats, bands, Fire Companies from all around the Eastern Shore and of course a special visit from Santa. Parade kicks off at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday 6 Dec, Orion, NASA's newest spacecraft that will take humans to explore deep space, is being launched in December from Cape Canaveral, Florida. Come to the NASA Wallops visitor center from 12-4 p.m. to celebrate its' first experimental flight test (eft-1) with activities, a model rocket launch and Orion presentations!
- Saturday 6 Dec through Sunday 7 Dec, High Point Glasworks Studio Holiday Open House 10-5 Come join us in Pungoteague at our annual Open House. See Live Glassblowing while doing your Christmas shopping. Unique ornaments. Refreshments. highpointglassworks.com
- Saturday 6 Dec, Annual Christmas open house at the Smiling Dolphin Frame Shop. Lots of local artists will be displaying. Bobby Bridges, Karen Pruitt, Anne Holland, Susan Henderson, Linda Ennis, John Harlow, B J Rogers to name a few. 12 to 4 10235 Rogers Drive, Nassawadox Also Christmas Cookies.
- Saturday 6 Dec, 22nd Annual Santa Train - sponsored by the Bay Coast Railroad, Greater Parksley Association & Delmarva Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society. Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and the Elves will visit children at the scheduled stops. The Santa Train will originate in Cape Charles and will terminate in Parksley. Children of all ages are encouraged to come and to greet Santa & Mrs. Claus.
- Saturday 6 Dec, 10th Annual Open House at the Book Bin. Local authors Kirk Mariner, Curtis & Lynn Badger will sign their new books from 11-2. Door prizes, free coffee and tastings. Join us at Book Bin at Four Corner Plaza in Onley!
- Saturday 6 Dec, Live Animal Nativity 6-8pm at Pfeiffer Riding Stables Christmas Lights, Hay Rides, Pony Rides, Barrel Train Rides, Hot Cocoa & Candy Cane! Celebrate this Christmas Miracle with us! Free-donations encouraged to help feed the animals. 22190 Karens Lane, Cape Charles. http://www.trailridecapecharles.com/ or call Angie @(757)331-0828
- Sunday 7 Dec, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 7 Dec, Gingerbread Challenge - 12 noon at the Chincoteague Center. Form a team or be a spectator for this fun-filled day! Free admission. Bring a food donation for the Chincoteague Food Bank. chincoteaguecenter.com 757-336-0614
- Wednesday 10 Dec, Drinking Liberally - 7pm to 9pm at the Charlotte Hotel in Onancock. See livingliberally.org for details.
- Wednesday 10 Dec, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to Feed Your Faith:Our series runs through Dec 17. The topic is "The Jesus Fatwah:Love Your (Muslim) Neighbor as Yourself". Potluck dinner at 6:00 p.m., discussion at 7:00. Come even if you don't have time to fix a "dish" there's always plenty to share.
You can add to this calendar