Calendar of Events for Tuesday 17 October 2017:
- Today, Bingo at the Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30 pm, games begin at 7:30 pm
- Today, New Roots Youth Garden @ Cape Charles Memorial Library every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. Do you love eating all the colors of the rainbow? Are you friends with the bugs in your yard? Join us each week for a fun filled garden inspired activity with Miss Hannah from NRYG. No registration and free to the public. Call 757-331-1300 with questions.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Tomorrow, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Stories from the Field Nature Photography Workshop with Don Donovan at 12 PM. Cost is $25. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Tomorrow, Grace United Methodist Church in Parksley is having its Wednesday night dinner from 5:30 - 6:30 serving braised pork shoulder, stewed cabbage and potatoes, baked apples, corn bread and bread pudding. All are welcome! Adults are $8, children 6-12 years old are $4 and under 6 are free.
- Tomorrow, Red Cross Blood Drive - 11am to 3pm in the Shore Memorial Hospital's conference room.
- Tomorrow, Bible Study:Spiritual Gifts- Healing Lead by Pastor Rob @ Craddockville UMC 7pm
- Thursday 19 Oct, The Good News Club - 3:45 pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller with transportation available from Pungoteague Elementary School. This is a fun, safe and educational weekly event for your child. Parents are asked to pick up their kids promptly at 5:15 pm from the church.
- Thursday 19 Oct, Third Thursday Poetry and Storytelling Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm. Hosted by Ken Sutton, local poets and wordsmiths take to the stage with open mike! Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Thursday 19 Oct through Friday 20 Oct, Hunter Education Class - 6pm to 9:30pm at the Eastern Shore Regional Fire Training Center, 28598 Beacon Road, Melfa, 23410 Pre-registration is required.
- Thursday 19 Oct, Story Time at Cape Charles Memorial Library - every Thursday at 10:30 a.m. Babies and Toddlers meet downstairs and Preschoolers meet upstairs. No registration required, free to the public. Call 757-331-1300 with questions. Follow us on facebook for up to date programs www.facebook/CapeCharlesMemorialLibrary
- Thursday 19 Oct, Women's Bible Study- Modern Day Guide to Bible Study @ craddockville UMC 7pm
- Friday 20 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7:30 PM
- Friday 20 Oct, Fridays @ Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Open Mic Night 6-8 PM. Held every third Friday of the month for those who need to shine and those who want to be entertained. Everyone welcome. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 20 Oct, Peter Hartzler performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Peter plays some awesome acoustic classics! Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Friday 20 Oct, ESO Live! with Swing Project @ 15293 King Street | This local Jazz band features local musicians Austin Riopel, Pooh Johnston, Dan Lawrence, and Ray Tate, Playing along with vocalist Elizabeth Wolfe. Admission $15 | 8pm show time | Cash Bar | Light Snacks | www.esoarts.org | 442.3226
- Friday 20 Oct, Career Checkups at ESCC in Melfa Friday from 1-6pm and Saturday 10/21 from 9am-2pm. Job seekers, veterans, displaced workers, are all welcome. Get free assistance on resume writing, interviewing skills, skills assessment and more. Everything you need to assure success and advancement of your career goals. Call 789-7979 for more info. It's totally free !
- Friday 20 Oct, The Exmore Rotary Club's Annual Soule Arnold Oyster Roast and Clam Steam - 6pm to 9pm under the big tent in the Downtown Exmore Park. All you can eat seaside oysters, nick clams, clam chowder, pulled pork BBQ, coleslaw, veggies and dessert. There will also be a silent auction and cash bar. Tickets are $45 a person and are available online.
- Saturday 21 Oct, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 21 Oct, Exmore Town Park Auto Show part III Main St. Exmore, Va. Reg. 8:30 -9:45 Show time 10:00 - 2:30. Trophies, dash plaques, prizes, goodie bags, music, food truck. $12 entry. For more information call 757-442-4843 leave message or firstname.lastname@example.org Rain Date October 22nd
- Saturday 21 Oct, Combined class reunions for Broadwater Academy 1976-1977. Events include Homecoming Football game and a night of fun at Fair Grounds Restaurant. Contact Tommy Richardson at email@example.com for further information. Also visit "Broadwater Academy Alumni & Friends" Facebook page for updates.
- Saturday 21 Oct, 2nd Annual Northampton County Agricultural County Fair - 10am to 2pm at the Northampton Middle School in Machipongo. There are farming related contests all day long, including skillet throwing, pie baking, oyster shucking, tractor driving with local celebrities and more! There are food vendors, educational booths, kids actives, farm equipment displays, antique tractor displays and craft vendors. For more info see the Chamber of Commerce website. This event is open to the public and free.
- Saturday 21 Oct, Exmore Town Park Auto Show Part III - 10am to 2:30pm at the Exmore Town Park. For information call 757-442-4843 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 21 Oct, The Exmoreons performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. B.K. Kurzbard and Eddie Dixon having fun playing blues, rock 'n roll, and more! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 21 Oct, Bethel United Methodist Church will be having their annual bazaar. There will a silent auction which include full-size quilt, afghans, two night stay Thelma's Dawn Getaway at Silver Beach, Photos by Rose Ellen and Chris Taylor. They will have a bake table, Chicken Salad, Beef Vegetable Soup. and Chili. The hours are 8 am to 12 pm
- Sunday 22 Oct, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents “Legacy” a Conversation Cafe with singer/songwriter Thelma Peterson at 11 AM. Free. Thelma Peterson will be here to share the connections of her roots to the Eastern Shore and play some of her hauntingly beautiful songs. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Monday 23 Oct, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 24 Oct, CBES Candidate's Forum - 6 pm in the auditorium of Northampton High School in Eastville featuring candidates for the contested seats of the 100th District House of Delegates, Northampton County District 1 Board of Supervisors, and Northampton County At-Large School Board. This event is free and open to the public. Please contact CBES at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
- Tuesday 24 Oct, Eastern Shore Community Opioid Forum Session #1 - 3 PM - 5 PM Session #2 - 6 PM - 8 PM Location:Eastern Shore Community College Great Hall 29300 Lankford Hwy Melfa, VA 23410
- Wednesday 25 Oct, Grace United Methodist Church in Parksley is having its Wednesday night dinner from 5:30 - 6:30 serving hamburger steak with brown gravy, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, buttered rolls and chocolate cake. All are welcome! Adults are $8, children 6-12 years old are $4 and under 6 are free.
- Friday 27 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 27 Oct, Orchestra of the Eastern Shore at Cokesbury Church, Onancock at 7:30 pm. Gabriel Faure's Requiem w/ soprano Beth Sharpley & baritone Lou Negretti. Also Mendelssohn's "It is Enough" & Schubert's "Salve regina" Offered in memory of Rev. Kirk Mariner. Donations to orchestra welcome.
- Friday 27 Oct, Fridays @ Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Boos and Booze Halloween Costume Party and Prizes with live Music by Ghost Town Union, 6-8 PM. Eat, drink and be scary with a pre-Halloween costume party at Lemon Tree.Complimentary refreshments. Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 27 Oct, Americana Lovebirds performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Amy Celeste-Youngbeard and Jason McKinzie playing folk, country favorites, and awesome originals! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 27 Oct, Veterans welcome to breakfast - 8am at VFW post 2296 in Tasley. Donation
- Friday 27 Oct, A Clam Fritter Supper will be held from 5 to 7 pm at Johnson's UMC, 11175 Bayside Rd. The all-you-care-to-eat menu consist of clam fritters, hush puppies, potato salad, coleslaw and dessert. Adults $10 and children $4. The UMW is selling quilts, new church cookbook, chicken salad $7/pint, pecans $10/lb, walnuts $8/lb and scrumptious baked goods.
- Saturday 28 Oct, 25th Annual Between the Waters Bike Tour - Click here for more information or to register online.
- Saturday 28 Oct, Shore Loafers playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Debbie Durst, Kayla Durst, Tim Durst and George Duer playing an upbeat selection of classic covers! Spooky good! Call 442-3800.
- Saturday 28 Oct, 3rd annual Northampton Wrestling / Karren Paglia color run at Cape Charles beach front all participants should meet at the Cape Charles gazebo by 230 the run begins at 3pm registration begins at 2pm cost is 10 dollars for adults and 5 dollars for students. Come out and support Northampton wrestling and Karren Paglia's fight against brain cancer
- Sunday 29 Oct, Orchestra of the Eastern Shore at Hungars Episcopal Church, Bridgetown at 4:00 pm. Gabriel Faure's Requiem w/ soprano Beth Sharpley & baritone Lou Negretti will perform. Also Mendelssohn's "It is Enough" & Schubert's Salve Regina. Offered in memory of Stefan Dulcie. Donations to orchestra welcomed.
- Sunday 29 Oct, Fall Games and Treats at Craddockville UMC. Hot dogs, trick or treating and games for kids of all ages. This event is free. Come out for a fun time. 4:30 PM-5:30 PM
- Tuesday 31 Oct, Halloween
You can add to this calendar