Calendar of Events for Tuesday 1 December 2015:
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Tomorrow, Community Concert and Health checks:The Foods, Nursing and Band classes at Nandua High are presenting an event for the community. It begins at 9a.m. in the school auditorium with a concert. Guests will then be treated to snacks made by the Foods classes and blood pressure checks by the Nursing students. This is free and open to the public. If you have questions please call 710-5961.
- Tomorrow, Cheriton Vol.Fire Co. presents Tim Abraham's fabulous Fried Chicken Dinner. Fried Chicken, Flat String Beans, Cole Slaw, Baked Apples, Rolls. desserts coffee and tea. Adults:$9.00 Kids $5.00 Time 5 -7 PM
- Tomorrow, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10 pm. Local talent hosted by Peg Snowden Volk. What a great way to start the Holiday season! Call 442-3800 for info and reservations.
- Tomorrow, Grace United Methodist Church in Parksley is having its Wednesday night dinner from 5:30 - 6:30 serving hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, green peas, rolls and dessert. Adults dinners are $8.00, children under 6 are free, children 6-12 are $4.00 and carry-outs are $10.00. Everyone is welcome.
- Thursday 3 Dec, The Nature Conservancy's Holiday Open House at Brownsville (Nassawadox) 4:00pm-8:00pm - Free and open to the public. Bring family and friends for farm hayrides until dark and holiday cheer by the campfire. Tour the historic Brownsville home and warm up with apple cider, homemade sweets, cheeses, dips, campfire hotdogs and ham biscuits. 11369 Brownsville Road, Nassawadox. (757) 442-3049
- Friday 4 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 4 Dec, Town of Parksley Old Fashion Christmas-Dunne Ave- Santa arrives by Fire Truck at 5:30 pm -Kids can write letters to Santa, make crafts and more! -Free hot apple cider, cookies, cake, hot chocolate, hayrides and s'mores! -The Boy Scouts will have popcorn for sale as well as baked goods, a white elephant table; Christmas trees, ornaments and more for sale. -Live nativity scene
- Saturday 5 Dec, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 5 Dec, 20th Annual Historic Homes Tour - 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM in Cape Charles
- Saturday 5 Dec, Chincoteague Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade - Floats, bands, fire companies from all around the Eastern Shore, King Neptune & Mermaid Queen, and a special visit from Santa. 7 pm.
- Saturday 5 Dec, 6th annual holiday craft show at Bloxom Vol. Fire Company. There's vendors for every taste country decor, food items, home decor and crafts. Door prizes through the day. Admission only $1 with canned food or brand new toy donation.
- Saturday 5 Dec, Santa Train
Come on out and visit with Santa and his helpers as the Bay Coast Railroad helps him on his long journey to the North Pole!
|9:00am||Cape Charles||11:45am||Nassawadox||2:25pm||Melfa |
- Saturday 5 Dec, Grand Illumination - 5:30 pm at the Cape Charles Central Park.
- Saturday 5 Dec, The Smiling Dolphin in Nassawadox is having its annual Christmas Open House from 11 to 3:30. There will be a number of guest artists displaying their work. Please join us. There will be Christmas cookies.
- Saturday 5 Dec, Matt and Wayne Young with Bill LeCato performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Playing favorite rock and classics. Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Sunday 6 Dec, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 6 Dec, Eastville's Annual Christmas Tree Lighting will take place at 5:30pm at the Town Park. We will then walk to the Historic Eastville Inn where there will be refreshments and holiday music. Mrs. Claus will be greeting us at the door.
- Sunday 6 Dec, Accomack 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 2:00 PM. The meeting and shooting activities will be at Noaawiva Sportsmen range near Oak Hall on Rt. 175E. Club membership is open to all girls and boys from 9 to 18 years old. Youth learn gun safety and shooting skills under the guidance of certified instructors. Call 757-442-7287 for further information.
- Monday 7 Dec, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 9 Dec, Grace United Methodist Church in Parksley is having its Wednesday night dinner from 5:30 - 6:30 serving roast pork, macaroni and cheese, broccoli, corn bread and brownies. Adults dinners are $8.00, children under 6 are free, children 6-12 are $4.00 and carry-outs are $10.00. Everyone is welcome.
- Thursday 10 Dec, Library Building Committee will meet at 10 a.m. at the Club Car Cafe in Parksley. For info, call 787-3844.
- Friday 11 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 11 Dec through Sunday 13 Dec, Nutcracker Ballet, a beloved Shore Holiday Tradition thanks to talents of ESO Arts Center dance students led by Director Dana Floyd. Each year a fresh production transforms a humble stage into a Christmas Eve fantasy with elaborate costumes,famous musical score & the captivating art of dance. At Nandua High School 7pm & 2pm. Info 442-3226, www.esoartscenter.org
- Saturday 12 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 12 Dec, 10th Annual Tool Mania - 3pm to 8pm at the Cape Charles Fire House.
- Saturday 12 Dec, Greens, Gifts & Goodies Sale - 9:00am to 1:30 pm at the Carrie Watson Clubhouse, Richmond Ave., Onley. New this year bring your own container for personalized greenery. Vendors for your gift giving, baked goods, soups, specialty foods, raffles. Lunch served 11am-1pm.
- Saturday 12 Dec, The Episcopal Church Women of Holy Trinity, Onancock invite you to their Bake and White Elephant Sale from 9:00 a.m. to noon. All proceeds will be used for outreach.
- Saturday 12 Dec, 15th Annual Christmas Homes Tour - 1pm to 5pm in Onancock. Six historic Onancock homes will be decorated for Christmas and open for viewing offering visitors a rare opportunity to tour these beautiful homes and learn about their unique history and architectural significance. Christmas Homes Tour tickets are available on the day of the tour at Ker Place or at the Historic Onancock School for $20. This year's profits will benefit Virginia Eastern Shorekeeper.
- Sunday 13 Dec, Children's Tea Party with Mrs. Claus - 2pm at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Chincoteague Pre-paid reservations required. $15 per person. Call 757-894-0924. Children are encouraged to dress for a tea party. Accessories will be available for guests who do not bring something special to wear.
- Sunday 13 Dec, Need to get in the Spirit of the Season? Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road, Keller will have their Choir & Children's Christmas Program at 11am. Everyone is welcome!
- Sunday 13 Dec, Annual Chowder Cook Off with live music by Heather and Nathan Travis - 5pm to 9pm at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek.
You can add to this calendar