Calendar of Events for Wednesday 26 April 2017:
- Today, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Today, Wednesday night dinner at Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley serving pot roast, potatoes & carrots, green beans, rolls and dessert. Adults $8, Children 6-12 $4, Under 6 free. Families $25. Take-outs are available. Everyone is welcome!
- Tomorrow, Join the Fun! The Good News Club meets at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. Transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are asked to pick their kids up from the church promptly at 5 pm.
- Tomorrow, CBES Engage & Enjoy! Join panel discussion with editor/reporter of Bay Journal and others on "Environmental Reporting in the Era of 'Fake News'" Island House, Wachapreague 6PM Surf & Turf buffet-$35.Get dinner tickets by 4/24 7PM Free Program.Info/tickets www.cbes.org 757-678-7157
- Tomorrow, 8pm to 10pm. Chair Place's acoustic drop in jam on the Craddockville corner. Excellent musicians playing bluegrass, blues, oldies, classic rock, gospel, country, but no rap or hip hop. Meet and make new friends in a cool setting with plenty of seating/parking. One of the best ways to spend the evening. Check out BBB in action.
- Friday 28 Apr, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 28 Apr, 10th Annual Blessing of the Fleet - 6 pm at Cape Charles Harbor
- Friday 28 Apr, ESVA Master Gardeners present Hometown Habitat - Stories of Bringing Nature Home on Arbor Day at 7:00 PM at the Historic Palace Theater in Cape Charles, Virginia, in return for a donation of $5. The first 50 filmgoers will receive a free native tree or shrub seedling. Visit themeadowproject.com and www.easternshoremastergardeners.com.
- Friday 28 Apr, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Jeff is a Clam Shack favorite with rich vocals, acoustic blues, rock, folk and more! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 28 Apr, Clam Fritter Supper will be held at Johnson's UMC, 11175 Bayside Rd., from 5 to 7 p.m. The all-you-care-to-eat menu consists of clam fritters, hush puppies, potato salad, cole slaw and dessert. The cost is adults $10 and children $4. The UMW has for sale hand-quilted quilts, chicken salad $7/pint, new church cookbook and delicious baked goods.
- Friday 28 Apr, All VET.Breakfast 4 th Friday of each month VFW post 2296,Tasley 8AM
- Friday 28 Apr, ESO Live! with Chris and Grayson English | 8pm | Presale Admission $15 | Cash Bar | Refreshments Available for Purchase | 747.442.3226 | www.esoartscenter.org
- Friday 28 Apr, Fridays @ Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Acoustic Karaoke with Terry Flynn 6-8 pm. Acoustic karaoke is a glorified sing-along where we provide a song list to choose from, the song lyrics, an acoustic guitar player and you sing the songs! 301 Mason Ave. Contact:757-331-4327 email@example.com for more details. Free admission. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar.
- Friday 28 Apr, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Bee Haven - A Presentation by the Beekeepers Guild of the Eastern Shore 11am-12pm Join us for an informative morning with BGES all about the bees in our midst. Free and open to the public. Complimentary coffee and pastries will be served. Call or email for more information. 757-331-4327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday 28 Apr, ESO Live! with Chris and Grayson English - 8pm at ESO in Belle Haven. Chris English are a father-son duo that offer a combination of deep traditional blues and solid original material. Join us at ESO Arts Center in our basement Studio Theater to enjoy a night of Delta Blues. For more info see www.esoartscenter.org.
- Saturday 29 Apr, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 29 Apr, Low Country Shrimp Boil 5-9 pm at the Cape Charles Museum. Live music by the Dahna Rowe Band. Tickets - $35 adults and $10 for children 7-12 - available at the Museum and Periwinkles in Cape Charles by cash or check, or over the internet by credit card. Send an email to email@example.com stating number of tickets desired, and we will bill you through PayPal
- Saturday 29 Apr, 70th Annual Home and Garden Tour - 9:30 to 5pm, rain or shine. See www.esgardentours.com for details.
- Saturday 29 Apr, Shore Craft Beer Fest - 1:30 to 4:30pm at the Chincoteague Island Carnival Grounds. Exclusively local beer festival features unlimited tastings as well as the opportunity to purchase food from a variety of food trucks and vendors that will have pairing suggestions listed. Tickets range from $25 to $40 in advance and include unlimited tastings of all local and only local beers and live music at this family and pet-friendly event. For more information visit www.ShoreCraftBeerFest.com.
- Saturday 29 Apr, Peter Hartzler performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Awesome acoustic classics! Nightly specials and local clams and oysters! Call 442-3800.
- Saturday 29 Apr through Sunday 30 Apr, 2 Day Yard Sale on the corner of Colonial Ave and East Main Street in Onley from 8am to at least 5pm! Furniture, lamps, artwork, knick knacks, electronics, camping gear, jewelry, vintage clothing and accessories, non-vintage clothing and shoes, work scrubs, throw pillows, sheets and pillow cases, VHS & DVD'S, kitchen items & dishware, books, art supplies and more!
- Saturday 29 Apr, Locustville Academy, 28055 Drummondtown Rd. Locustville, will be open for Garden Tour from 9AM to 3PM. A bake sale, plant sale, and chicken salad ($7.50 pt.) sale are planned. There will also be a 'silent auction' for hand-made quilts by a former student. Mark your calendar! For questions or orders call B. Reiger 787-7480 in evenings.
- Saturday 29 Apr, Drummondtowne Arts Festival - 9am to 4pm on the Courthouse Green in Accomac. Children grades 1 thru 12 are encouraged to exhibit their work. All flat work must be matted, mounted and labeled with name, age, school and telephone number. Adult Artists are also welcome to exhibit their work providing they have their own display racks, tables, etc. for set-ups. Entry fee is $20. An entry application must be filled out in advance. For more information contact Christopher Newman at 787-4374 or Amy Kay Hines at 787-2109.
- Sunday 30 Apr, 7th Annual Blessing of the Worms - 3 pm at the New Roots Youth Garden in Cape Charles
- Sunday 30 Apr, A Hymn Sing is planned at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller at 3 pm with a number of talented locals participating. All are welcome! Come Join the Fun!
- Monday 1 May, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 2 May, Bingo at the Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30 pm, games begin at 7:30 pm
- Tuesday 2 May, Blood Drive - 11am to 3pm on the American Red Cross bus in the Riverside Shore Memorial hospital parking lot in Onley.
- Tuesday 2 May, The Beekeepers Guild of the Eastern Shore will meet at 6:30 at the Barrier Island Center in Machipongo. Experienced beekeeper Matt Cormons will talk about making hive splits and taking honey. Refreshments will be served- all are welcome.
- Wednesday 3 May, Wednesday night dinner at Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley serving meat loaf, mashed potatoes, peas, rolls and dessert. Adults $8, Children 6-12 $4, Under 6 free. Families $25. Take-outs are available. Everyone is welcome!
- Friday 5 May, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 5 May, All Baroque. The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore performs late 17th and early 18th century works, including Bach’s Keyboard Concerto No. 1 in D Minor. Other pieces are by Corelli, Albinoni, and Vivaldi. 7:30 p.m.,at Historic Cokesbury Church, Onancock. Free; donations welcomed. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday 6 May, 49th Annual Chincoteague Seafood Festival - 10am to 4pm at Tom's Cove Park, 8128 Beebe Rd. Tickets are $45 per person (Children under 5 are FREE) Gates open at 10am, seafood is served from Noon until 4pm. To purchase tickets visit the Chamber office, call 757-336-6161 or click here to purchase online.
- Saturday 6 May, ACES & the Red Queen Gallery present the Stephanie Nakasian Ensemble at 7:30 PM at Nandua High School. For 30+ years, Ms. Nakasian has set the standard as a jazz singer. Her performances include major jazz festivals and the Kennedy Center, Lincoln Center, The Blue Note and many more. Tickets:Outlets $20;Door $22; student tickets $5. Info:www.acesva.org or 757-302-0366. Find ACES on Facebook
- Saturday 6 May, Onancock Super Saturday Yard Sale - 8am to noon at Gazebo Park. Rain date May 13th
- Saturday 6 May, Spring Bazaar, Belle Haven United Methodist Church (35446 Belle Haven Rd.). Festivities begin at 8:00AM and will include a silent auction, flea market (aka White Elephant sale) and bake sale. Auction items include nursery plants, folk art, oyster tin, gift certificates from Shore businesses, framed artwork and other great items.
- Saturday 6 May, Juleps by the Bay to benefit Habitat for Humanity, 4pm to 7pm at the home of Lisa and David Tankard. This house has been featured in local and state wide garden tours due to its lovely appointed gardens and landscaping. Tickets are on sale for $75 a person or $140 a couple, and includes wine by Chatham Vineyard, beer, and mint juleps, as well as dinner from Pig-Nic Catering from Virginia Beach. There will be wonderful music, with dancing, by the HM band on the Tankard's lovely patio situated amongst beautiful flowers. Please call the Habitat Office at 442-4687 for more information or to purchase tickets.
- Saturday 6 May, Hog Bash 2017 at the Onancock Elks Lodge, 12-4pm $40pp includes food, beverages, entertainment, $250 drawing every 15 minutes & at 4pm a drawing for the 2017 Harley Road Glide Ultra. For tickets call 787-7750 or buy them online. Separate 20 guns & cash raffles. Hog Bash 2017 proceeds to go benefit local charities here on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
- Saturday 6 May, Household Hazardous Waste Collection, 10am-2pm, Eastville, Painter, and Fishers Corner (Parksley) Convenience Centers - First 50lbs of waste free! Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Sunday 7 May, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 7 May, All Baroque. The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore performs late 17th and early 18th century works, including Bach’s Keyboard Concerto No. 1 in D Minor. Other pieces are by Corelli, Albinoni, and Vivaldi. 4:00 p.m., at Hungars Episcopal Church, Bayside Rd., Bridgetown. Free; donations welcomed. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday 7 May, Sunday May 7 2pm sharp, bluegrass acoustic drop in jam at Mt Pleasant waterfront estate between Belle Haven and Craddockville Rd. 1st left turn after Shields Bridge on Shields Bridge Rd heading west. Play, listen, sing, watch the action in a great acoustic sunroom setting. Look for white picket entrance with Mt Pleasant sign. RSVP 442 3366.
- Wednesday 10 May, Drinking Liberally - 7pm to 9pm at the Charlotte Hotel in Onancock. Open mic at 8pm
- Wednesday 10 May, Wednesday night dinner at Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley serving chicken & dumplings, turnip greens, yams, rolls and dessert. Adults $8, Children 6-12 $4, Under 6 free. Families $25. Take-outs are available. Everyone is welcome!
You can add to this calendar