Calendar of Events for Sunday 25 September 2016:
- Today, “Lecture on the Lawn” at Park Hall (c. 1750) in Historic Eastville at 2:00 pm. All are invited to attend the one hour lecture to learn about the history and preservation of the oldest standing residence in Eastville. Please bring a lawn chair. $10 donation requested. For directions visit www.northamptonhistoricpreservationsociety.com.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tomorrow, The Arc Board meets from 4-5pm in Exmore at the CSB Vocational Center Complex on Main Street. All are welcome! For more information, call 442-3312.
- Tuesday 27 Sep, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Pine Needle Basketry Class with Joe Beatty. This class is split into two meetings. $80 (for both classes, materials included) 1pm-5pm Call 757-331-4327 to register or for more info. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles
- Wednesday 28 Sep, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 29 Sep, The Good News Club meets from 3:45 to 5:15pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. All children are welcome to join the fun. Bus transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are expected to pick up their kids promptly from the church. For more information call Pat Huffman at 757-442-9600
- Friday 30 Sep, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing lively Irish tunes! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 30 Sep, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents flutist, Ally Tarwater. Enjoy the magical melodies of breathtaking classical music while soaking in the ambiance of the Gallery. 6pm-8pm Free Admission. Refreshments/Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave. Cape Charles 757-331-4327
- Friday 30 Sep, Pulled Pork Dinner at Oak Grove UMC; 30053 Seaside Rd. Melfa, 4:30-6:30 PM Meal-$8.00; Pint of Barbeque-$8.00; Pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, dessert, and tea or coffee.Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions, call:710-4920 or 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Saturday 1 Oct, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 1 Oct, Columbus Day
- Saturday 1 Oct, Riverside Shore Hospice Camp Fragile Hearts held at YMCA camp silver beach. This event is a grief and loss camp for children ages 7-17 who have experienced loss from death, incarceration, divorce, out of home placement, deployment. No cost to attend. Call 789-5000 for more information.
- Saturday 1 Oct, Eastern Shore Public Library Capital Campaign Kick-off - 9AM to 2PM at 24313 Bennett Street, Parksley, Virginia. BBQ, Food, Live Music and Fun Radiothon WESR 103.3 8:45-Noon. Free Admission!
- Saturday 1 Oct, 6th Annual Barbara Custis Friends and Family Fall Festival - 10 AM to 3 PM at the Randy Custis Memorial Park in Nassawadox. Bring the whole family for fun with inflatables, a children's festival, car and tractor show, cornhole tournament, local food, local artisan vendors, and live music by Johnny Mo, Patsy Goard and Double Booked. $5 admission for adults, kids under 12 are free. Proceeds benefit the Randy Custis Memorial fund. For more information on the Fall Festival contact Roger Eitelman 304-671-4999 or email email@example.com. For more information on the car and tractor show call Dave Write at 894-8988.
- Sunday 2 Oct, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 2 Oct, A Pot Luck Lunch will be served at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller immediately following the Worship Service. Please bring enough for your family plus one more. Everyone is welcome to join our Church Family!
- Tuesday 4 Oct, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Pine Needle Basketry Class with Joe Beatty. This is the second class in this series. $80 (for both classes, materials included) 1pm-5pm Call 757-331-4327 to register or for more info. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles
- Wednesday 5 Oct, The Town and Country Garden Group will present a floral design program, “Floral Inspirations”, with Ken Norman. To be held at 1PM at the Woman’s Club of Accomack County Clubhouse 25405 Richmond Ave. in Onley. This program is free and open to the public.
- Friday 7 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 7 Oct, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents an open jam with "Three Quarter Time," Dan Duke and Dennis Kelley. Bring an instrument and join in! 6pm-8pm Free Admission. Refreshments/Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles 757-331-4327
- Friday 7 Oct, ESO Live! Presents The Chair Place Players - 8 pm at Eastern Shore's Own Arts Center in Belle Haven. A little bluegrass, a little classic rock, and a whole lot of local talent - guaranteed to be toe-tapping fun! Admission is $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Doors will open at 7:30; beer, wine and other refreshments are available. Reservations are strongly recommended for these popular local musicians! Call 757-442-3226 to reserve your seats. Click here to purchase tickets online. Online purchases includes a $1 per item Online Convenience Fee.
- Saturday 8 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 8 Oct through Monday 10 Oct, 2016 Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival - Attend a variety of field trips and presentations, visit exhibits, and participate in activities which all celebrate the autumn migration of birds and wildlife on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
- Saturday 8 Oct, 44th Annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival - Noon to 4PM at Tom's Cove Park, 8128 Beebe Road. Come enjoy a day full of oysters, oysters, oysters! Oysters on the half shell, steamed, single fried & fritters, clam chowder, clam fritters, salad bar, Boardwalk fries, hush puppies, hot dogs, beverages & more! $45 per person (ages 5 & up). For more information call 757-336-6161.
- Saturday 8 Oct, Swine and Wine to benefit the Boys and Girls' Club - 6 PM to 10 PM at Bill Parr's barn. Groove Junction, the same band that has provided dance music for the past six years, only with a different name, will be performing. A silent auction will feature Eastern Shore art, golfing trips, fishing gear and many other items. Tickets to the event are $50 and $40 for young adults 30 years and younger. For information on sponsorships or to purchase tickets, please call Shannon Gordon at 787-7577 or go to www.swineandwineforthekids.com.
You can add to this calendar
Word of the Day: