Calendar of Events for Friday 24 October 2014:
- Today, The Lowlanders playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7pm-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White performing Celtic acoustics and classic Irish tunes. Call 442-3800. No cover charge.
- Today, I Love My Library Party, Mallard’s at the Wharf, 6 p.m. until - Delicious food and champagne punch with Johnny Mo, the Musical Chef. Tickets $50/person. Cash bar. Silent & live auction. Tickets & info at www.VoteYesLibrary.com
- Today, Johnson's UMC Men's Club is having its Clam Fritter Supper, 5 - 7 p.m., cost:$8/adult and $3.50/children. All-you-care-to-eat menu:clam fritters, hush puppies, potato salad, cole slaw and dessert. UMW is selling hand-quilted quilts, chicken salad $7/pt, pecans $10/lb, walnuts $8/lb and delicious baked goods.
- Today, Hospice Rubber Duck Dive - 5:00-8:30pm at the Onancock Fair Grounds
- Today, 7:30PM is launch of ESO Live! Musical Series 2014-15 with "The Saturday Night Traditions"-Van Lewin @ESO Arts Center, Belle Haven. Shore grown talent sharing folk-based original music in intimate nightclub-like setting.Reserve 442-3226, email@example.com OR buy online tickets/upcoming shows http://www.esoartscenter.org/events.html Music starts 8 p.m.$10.Also beer/wine/snacks for purchase.
- Today, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Today through Tomorrow, Haunted House Part III at the Old Onancock High School, each night from 7-11. $5.00 per person and concessions for sale. Hope to scare you there!
- Tomorrow, Troy Ashe Memorial Pistol Tournament at Eastern Shore Safari in Jamesville starting at 9am.
- Tomorrow, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack in Nassawadox 7pm-9pm. Acoustic classics and rich vocals! Enjoy a night with good music, good food, and good friends! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Tomorrow, Octoberfest at Saint Georges Church in Pungoteague. First seating 5:00-6:30, second seating 7:00 - 8:30. Authentic Octoberfest Cuisine featuring Soft Pretzels with various mustards, Beer-Cheese spread and crackers, 3 different wursts, German potato salad, Pork Loin, red cabbage, sauerkraut, potato dumplings, rye and pumpernickel bread, coffee crumb cake, apple strudel, black forest cake, and tortes Tickets are $15.00 To purchase tickets contact:Edith Platt 757-999-1961 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tomorrow, Franktown UMC Fall Bazaar and Auction - 9:30 TO 3:30 Enjoy baked good and jams and jellies, frozen foods, crafts and over a dozen local artist will be selling wares. A soup and ham biscuits lunch will be available 11:30 to 1 for $5 and the auction will begin at 12:30.
- Tomorrow, Nandua Booster Club Dinner & Auction at the Elks Lodge in Accomac. The doors will open at 5:30 pm and the dinner at 6:30 pm. The auction will follow the dinner. Tickets will be available at the door or from any Booster Club Member. For more info call 787-4514
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Sunday 26 Oct, Dr. David Sedaca at Exmore Baptist Church. First session at 9:45 A.M., "The Heart of the Apostle." Second session at 11:00 A.M., "Understanding the Middle East Crisis in Light of Scripture." For more info call the Church Office at 442-9491.
- Sunday 26 Oct, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. All are welcome!
- Monday 27 Oct, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 28 Oct through Wednesday 29 Oct, Online Auction of Waterfront Home in The Colony! Bids close 30 Oct at 1PM. Call 804-354-9090 for information.
- Wednesday 29 Oct, All are invited to Holy Trinity, Onancock's Feed Your Faith/Dinner and Discussion. Potluck dinner at 6:00 p.m. Discussion adjourns at 8:30 p.m. TOPIC:“Christianity for the 21st Century":classic doctrines of the Christian faith with an eye towards translating that faith to our current younger generations. This is open to all. Come ask your questions.
- Wednesday 29 Oct, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 30 Oct, “Dead Poets Society” starring Robin Williams at the Roseland Theatre in Onancock. This movie was filmed on the Eastern Shore at St. Andrew’s School in Middletown, DE. Box office opens at 7:00 p.m. Wine and beer will be available for purchase. Sponsored by the Vote Yes for the Library Bond Committee. For more info, please visit www.VoteYesLibrary.com
- Friday 31 Oct, The Monster Ball. 8 PM. The Deloreans, perform Live at the Roseland. This 80's cover band will be playing on Halloween night with their signature flashy wardrobe and rockin’ retro tunes. We are going to judge your outfit. Prizes will be awarded for:Best 80’s vintage, Best Couple, Greatest Historical Figure & Most Creative Overall. $25 pp. www.shorehistory.org/events
- Friday 31 Oct, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7pm-9pm. Come in your best Halloween costume and hear "The Howlanders" play classic Irish tunes! All treat, no tricks! Call 442-3800 or www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Friday 31 Oct, Halloween Night for Kids at American Legion Post 56 in Cheriton.
- Friday 31 Oct, Light the Night with Jesus at the Exmore Baptist Church parking lot. Stop by between 5:30 to 8:00 P.M. Trunk treats, free hot dogs, popcorn, games and much more. For more info call the Church Office at 442-9491.
- Friday 31 Oct, Pulled Pork Dinner at Oak Grove UMC; 30053 Seaside Road, Melfa; 4:30-6:30PM; Pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, dessert, tea or coffee; Meal-$8.00, Pint of barbeque-$8.00; Eat in or carry out; to place orders or for questions call:710-4920, 710-0392, or 710-8730. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Friday 31 Oct, ESVAPC Omaha Eight Poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Friday 31 Oct, Halloween
- Friday 31 Oct through Saturday 1 Nov, Haunted House Part III at the Old Onancock High School, each night from 7-11. $5.00 per person and concessions for sale. Hope to scare you there!
- Saturday 1 Nov, Bounty of the Bay, Farm to Table, an evening of outdoor dining, music, and conversation from 5pm to 8pm at Mimosa Farm in Cheriton. Enjoy a five-course meal prepared by classically trained local chef Amy Brandt, meet Eastern Shore farmers and learn about their Bay-friendly farming practices, and tap your toes to live bluegrass performed by the Chair Place Players. In addition to such delicious local fare as oysters, rockfish, and vegetables, the event also will offer a critical reminder of the necessity of clean water and a thriving Chesapeake Bay. Seating is limited; tickets costs $45 each. To register, visit www.cbf.org/bounty. For more information, contact Tatum Ford at 757/971-0366 or TFord@cbf.org.
- Saturday 1 Nov, Family Fun Fall Fest - 1:30 to 3:30PM at the old fairgrounds in Melfa. Pony rides & barrel train rides until 3PM, carnival-type games for every age, ending with a "pumpkin parable", snacks, and candy toss. Questions call Carla Bradford at 757-665-4466.
- Saturday 1 Nov, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 1 Nov, Set clocks back one hour tonight
- Sunday 2 Nov, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tuesday 4 Nov, 4th Annual Mayor's Ball at the Chincoteague Center. 6 PM Cocktails, 7 PM Dinner by Bill's Seafood. $50 per person. Tickets available at the Center and Shore Bank.
- Tuesday 4 Nov, Election Day
- Wednesday 5 Nov, You’ve earned a say about the future of Social Security. Join the discussion at the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce, 1-2:30 pm. Please register by call 1-877-926-8300 or online at http://aarp.cvent.com/VASS11514 and for more information call 757.787.8590.
- Wednesday 5 Nov, Cheriton VFC Fried Chicken DInner - 5-7 PM. Adults $9, children under 12 $5. Eat in or take out.
- Friday 7 Nov, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
You can add to this calendar
Quote of the Day: