Calendar of Events for Saturday 10 October 2015:
- Thursday 8 Oct through Tomorrow, 23rd Annual Eastern Shore Birding & Wildlife Festival - see the website for details.
- Yesterday through Today, The North Street Playhouse is excited to kick off its NEW season with 'The Velocity of Autumn' directed by Sara Stuart and starring E.A. McMath and Thom Nolan! The fun starts at 8pm both nights! Tickets:$12 Adults $10 Senior $8 Students. Call us at (757) 787-2050 or visit www.northstreetplayhouse.com to reserve your tickets!
- Today, 43rd Annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival - All you can eat oysters & more. Sold out
- Today, Swine & Wine - 6pm to 10pm at Bill Parr's Barn in Cape Charles. Roast Pig (& Chicken) Wine & Beer. Cash Bar. The incredible music of Mr B & the Boys. Proceeds benefit Boys & Girls Club, Eastern Shore Unit. Tickets to the event are $50 and $40 for young adults 30 years and younger. For information on sponsorships or to purchase tickets, call Shannon Gordon at 787-7577 or go to www.swineandwineforthekids.com.
- Today, ACES presents "Orquesta Tropikiimba" at 7:30 PM at Nandua High School in Onley. An authentic Latino/Caribbean band, Tropikiimba presents energetic and exciting concerts of great arrangements of Salsa, Bolero, Merengue and more. Sponsored by Ed Weber Contracting. Tickets:Outlets & Online $20; Door $22; all student tickets $5. Additional information:www.aces.org or 757-302-0366.
- Today, 7th Annual Circle of Life Run/Walk at the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge - See runsignup.com for details.
- Today, Cornhole tournament from 2pm to 7pm. Refreshments and prizes! Register today . Call 665-4149 for more info.
- Today, Matt and Wayne Young playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Featuring Bill LeCato on the piano! A night of great music! Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Today, Troy Ashe Memorial Pistol Tournament at Eastern Shore Safaris, Jamesville from 9am-3pm.
- Today, Delmarva Fire Prevention Parade - 2 pm in Parksley. For More information Call Ricky Taylor at 665-6977.
- Today, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Today, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Tomorrow, Lecture on the Lawn at Historic Elkington. (c. 1790) at 2:00 pm. (Rescheduled from Oct. 4th.) All are invited to attend the one hour lecture to learn about the history and preservation of this late 18th century “big house, little house, colonnade, and kitchen” style home. Please bring a lawn chair. $10 donation requested. Call 757-999-1299 for directions.
- Monday 12 Oct, American Red Cross Blood Drive - Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital. 6th floor board room. 11AM - 4PM. Make appointment at redcrossblood.org. For more information call 757-414-8050.
- Monday 12 Oct, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 13 Oct, Flatfooting Gathering at the Cape Charles Civic Center. Come one, come all to experience the laid back fun of flatfooting, a style of improvised percussive dance from the Appalachian mountains. Led by Bill McGlothlin. Free of charge, donations accepted to pay the musicians.
- Wednesday 14 Oct, The North Street Playhouse is excited to offer Theatre Classes for ages 10-18 taught by Mary Stiegelbauer! When:Wednesdays, beginning Oct. 14 - Nov. 18. Cost:$100. Time:5:30pm-7:00pm. Students will learn theatre terminology, acting, movement for actors, and stage combat! Call us at 757-787-2050 to sign up! A wonderful course for advanced and beginner actors and actresses!
- Wednesday 14 Oct, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 15 Oct, Third Thursday Poetry and Storytelling Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Hosted by Peg Snowden Volk. Season Kick Off featuring Robert Arthur and other local poets and storytellers. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Thursday 15 Oct, Woman's Club of Accomack County invites the public to a Candidate's Forum at the club house on Richmond Avenue in Onley. Program will begin at 2pm. Stop by and meet the candidates for the Nov. 3rd elections. Further info call Laura Belle 787-2908.
- Thursday 15 Oct, The Woman's Club of Accomack County will be holding a candidate's forum at 2:00 pm at the Carrie Watson Clubhouse on Richmond Avenue in Onley. The following candidates will be in attendance:Senator Lynwood Lewis, Richard Ottinger, Delegate Robert Bloxom Jr., Willie Randall, Stephen Corazza, Jack Gray, Laura Belle Gordy, G. Cabell Lawton IV, Kay Lewis, Paul Muhly, Richard Hubbard, H. Spencer Murray, Bruce Jones Jr., and Garrett Dunham. Each candidate will speak for a few minutes followed by a time for questions. The public is invited to attend. Light refreshments will be served. For further information or questions contact Laura Belle Gordy at 787-2908.
- Thursday 15 Oct, Book Group. Open to the public Meetings are at Naomi Makemie Presbyterian Church Onancock Va. ? 3rd Thursday of each month, 1-3 PM
- Friday 16 Oct, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing acoustic Irish and Celtic tunes. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 16 Oct, Annual Freedom Fund and Scholarship Banquet - 6:30pm at Giddens' Do-Drop Inn in Weirwood, with special guest speaker Lieutenant Governor Ralph Northam. Sponsored by the Northampton County Branch NAACP. Ticket donation $25. For more info contact Jane Cabarrus, 442-2139 or email JaneCabarrus@aol.com
- Friday 16 Oct through Saturday 17 Oct, Ker Art & Maritime Festival at Ker Place in Onancock. 10/16 Preview Night/Cocktail Party 5:00 to 7:00. $15 Admission. Tickets can be purchased online at www.brownpapertickets.com or at the event. 10/17 10:00 - 5:00 FREE and Open to the Public! For more information, visit www.shorehistory.org/events/
- Friday 16 Oct through Saturday 17 Oct, 48th Annual Upper Shore Decoy Show (http://www.upperbaymuseum.org/decoyshow/) Hosted by the Upper Bay Museum; the oldest continually running decoy show in the country. $5 general admission. Show open Friday 4pm-6pm, Auction Preview Party (advance tickets, $20, email@example.com) & Auction at 7pm. Show open Saturday 9am-4pm. North East Volunteer Fire Company, North East MD
- Friday 16 Oct through Saturday 17 Oct, Haunted House Part 4 at the old Onancock High School. Oct 16,17,23,24,30 & 31 from 7-11pm each night. Admission is $5.00 per person. Hope to scare you there!
- Saturday 17 Oct, Country Fair Bazaar at the Market Street UMC, 8 am - 1 pm Country Store, Bake Shop, Curiosity Shop, Crafts, Apples Galore, Jewelry, Pork BBQ, and Chicken Salad. Book Signing by author, Rev. Dr. Kirk Mariner:"Methodism in Onancock".
- Saturday 17 Oct, Free Noaawiva Youth Sportsfest Event. Just for youth -- a safe, fun experience in shooting sports without cost to participants is planned for October 17. Our Youth Sportsfest Event is open to all girls and boys, ages from 8 to 18. . See http://www.noaawiva.com for further information or call George Foster 757-442-7287. Rain date October 24.
- Saturday 17 Oct, The Exmoreons performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. BK Kurzbard and Eddie Dixon rock the house with their blues and classic covers! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 17 Oct, Farmers Market - 8am to 12pm at Epworth UM Church in Exmore. Jams, jellies, frozen casseroles, Christmas table, crafts, soups, chicken salad, produce, silent auction, baked goods, plants and shrubs, kids Korner. Family Fun - come on out!
- Sunday 18 Oct, "Lecture on the Lawn" at "Stratton Manor" - 2:00pm to 3:00pm. Learn the history of this home built in 1764 on Plantation Creek near Cape Charles along with the story of its preservation through the years. Lawn chair required. $10 donation upon arrival. Weather Dependent. For directions go to www.northamptonhistoricpreservationsociety.com or call 757-999-1299.
- Sunday 18 Oct, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Wednesday 21 Oct, Arrival of Marty McFly
- Thursday 22 Oct, The Eastern Shore of Virginia Ground Water Committee invites the public to the Northern Accomack County Ground Water Summit from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. at the NASA Wallops Visitor Center on Chincoteague Road.
- Friday 23 Oct, Revival with Neal Hatfield at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road, Keller! This outstanding Speaker will kick off a weekend of inspiration with a service at 6:30pm.
- Friday 23 Oct, Johnson's Church Men's Club Fall Clam Fritter Supper from 5 to 7 pm at 11175 Bayside Rd, Machipongo. Cost is $9/adult and $3.50/children. All-you-care-to-eat menu includes clam fritters, hush puppies, potato salad, cole slaw & dessert. UMW is selling chicken salad $7/pt, baked goods, pecans $10/lb, walnuts $8/lb. Silent auction for patriotic handquilted quilt, 103x103".
- Friday 23 Oct, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing acoustic Irish and Celtic tunes. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 23 Oct, Halloween Social at Travis Chapel Oyster 6:30 Costume Judging will be at 700 pm.. there will be games, cake walk and a hayride. There will be hot dogs and Soda in the kitchen. This is a free event ALL are welcome
- Friday 23 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 24 Oct, Native American Tools & Flint Knapping Workshop at the Chincoteague Bay Field Station. 9am - 3pm. Take a voyage back in time and learn the ancient skill of stone tool making. Working with glass and flint, class participants will focus on the proper form and early stages of reduction, which include percussion flaking and bi-facing. Tools and materials will be provided and each student will receive a flint knapping tool kit to take home. Tuition is $125/person (includes lunch). To register call (757) 824-5636 or visit Chincoteague Bay Field Station online.
- Saturday 24 Oct, Decades of bike tours under our wheels, CBES provides all you need for an unforgettable cycling adventure @ 23rd Annual Between the Waters Bike Tour. Four Routes:100, 60, 40, and 25 miles. Stocked rest stops & gourmet picnic lunch in scenic, secret settings, only open to public during this Tour. Register www.cbes.org Start/Finish in Cape Charles
- Saturday 24 Oct, Woman's Club of Accomack County Yard Sale. 25405 Richmond Ave. Clothing, jewelry, books, White Elephant table, Soup and bake table and much more!
- Saturday 24 Oct, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Jeff is well-known for his renditions of rock, blues and more! Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Saturday 24 Oct, Protected Landscapes Conservation and Art Exhibit - 6pm to 8pm at the Barrier Islands Center in Machipongo. The exhibit will provide viewers with an intimate experience of VES Land Trust protected lands through the eyes of local artists. At the opening night exhibit, viewers will have the chance to mingle with the artists and easement donors. Tickets are $10 at the door and include wine, beer, and light snacks. All artwork will be available for sale. Visit www.veslt.org for more information. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the VES Land Trust and its mission. All Artwork will remain on display through October 30, 2015.
- Saturday 24 Oct, Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road, Keller will host Lunch at 11:30am with Revival Service to follow with Neal Hatfield. Everyone is Welcome!
- Saturday 24 Oct, 23rd Annual Between the Waters Bike Tour at the Cape Charles Civic Center
- Saturday 24 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
You can add to this calendar
Quote of the Day: