Birthdays and Anniversaries:
- Happy birthday to Brandy Lewis
- Happy birthday to Kathy Ross
- Happy birthday to Annette Brickhouse
- Happy 35th birthday to Eric Preston Price
There are 46 birthdays and 5 anniversaries this week
Calendar of Events for Thursday 30 March 2017:
- Today, Join the Fun! The Good News Club meets at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. Transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are asked to pick their kids up from the church promptly at 5 pm.
- Today, Chair Place Acoustic Jam featuring bluegrass, blues, oldies, gospel, country, classic rock, Beatles, Stones, etc., but no rap or hip hop. On the Craddockville corner with ample parking, seating. Participate or listen to some of the best to brighten up your mid week. Get out and enjoy.
- Tomorrow, Corn Funk Revue performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Peg Volk and Melinda, Scott, Lynne, Chris and Ellen playing originals, classics and groovy blues! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Tomorrow, ESO Live! with Pound Net - 8pm at ESO Arts Center in Belle Haven. Tickets $10 in advanced or $15 at the door. Doors open at 7:30pm. Cash Bar, Family Friendly
- Tomorrow, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio is proud to present Bluesman, Mike Hawker. Mike Hawker has got a voice as smooth as butter. He'll take your blues away singing those old, bluesy songs. Mike performs acoustic blues, folk, classic rock, Americana, classic country, and original songs. 6-8 PM Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles. 757-331-4327
- Tomorrow, Pound Net, one of Eastern Shore's most popular groups, will be performing at the ESO Arts Center in Belle Haven. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15.00 at the door. Join Pound Net for a night of America's music for a hand clapping, foot stomping good time. Contact the ESO for tickets at 757-442-3226 or www.eso.org. Call now because a sell-out is expected!
- Tomorrow, Ham Dinner at Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Road in Melfa; 4:30 to 6:30PM. $8 for Ham, macaroni and cheese, green beans, apples, biscuits, dessert and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions call 710-4920 or 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Tomorrow, Deadline for businesses to register for the Regional Job Fair at Eastern Shore Community College on April 5th. Space is limited, businesses wishing to be exhibitors should contact 757-787-2460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tomorrow, Pungoteague Ruritan Club Oyster Roast - 6pm at the Moose lodge in Belle Haven to benefit the Ruritan Club Scholarship Fund. Tickets are $40 and include oysters, clam chowder, pork barbecue, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, cole slaw, desserts and nonalcoholic beverages. For tickets, call Paul Custis at 789-1766.
- Tomorrow, The Eastern Shore Madrigal Singers present Best of Broadway! - 7:30pm at Franktown United Methodist Church. $10 adults, $5 12 years and under. This performance is in honor of our long time accompanist and friend, Stefan Dulcie.
- Saturday 1 Apr, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 1 Apr, Community Health Care Fair - 10 am to 2 pm at Northampton High School in Eastville. Free screenings will be available for hearing, vision, blood sugar, and blood pressure. This event is FREE and open to the public.
- Saturday 1 Apr, The Muddy Gems performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Dynamic husband and wife duo, "Rock" and Laurel Rochford playing acoustic and electric covers and originals. No foolin'!! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Sunday 2 Apr, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 2 Apr, The Run For The Animals is a charity event. All net proceeds support local animal welfare. Choose either the half marathon, 10K or 5K run/walk. Leashed canines are welcome. For more info on participating, volunteering, sponsoring, or fundraising visit website or call 757-999-4999.
- Sunday 2 Apr, Bingo fundraiser - Coach & 31 bags Bingo - fundraiser for Nandua's after prom alcohol free party. Exmore Moose lodge. $25 in advance (call Elizabeth Teasley to reserve your spot @ 709-9103)/ $30 at the door. Doors open at 12:30. Games start at 2:00. Great prizes, plus lots of food, raffles and silent auction items.
- Sunday 2 Apr, The Eastern Shore Madrigal Singers present Best of Broadway! - 3pm at the Island Theater on Chincoteague Island. $10 adults, $5 12 years and under. This performance is in honor of our long time accompanist and friend, Stefan Dulcie.
- Monday 3 Apr, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 3 Apr, Advising Week for the upcoming Summer Schedule at Eastern Shore Community College will be April 3-7. Registration starts on April 10th. Finacial aid deadline will be May 1st. Schedule available here.
- Tuesday 4 Apr, Bingo at the Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30 pm, games begin at 7:30 pm
- Tuesday 4 Apr, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Art From Your Heart Remove Yourself From Reality 7-9 pm $35 A wine and design art gathering. We will provide wine and canvas, paint,instructor Clelia Sheppard and dessert. It will be abstract painting. No skill necessary, just have a good time! 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 757-331-4327 or email@example.com
- Wednesday 5 Apr, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 5 Apr, Accomack-Northampton Regional Job Fair - 9am to 1pm at the ESCC Workforce Development Center in Melfa. Advanced registration is required. Please call Sandra Johnson at 757-787-2460 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday 5 Apr, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. Local talent hosted by Peg Volk. This month is a Tribute to Chuck Berry, the real king of Rock 'n Roll! Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Thursday 6 Apr, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio hosts Poetry Salon with The Bard of Machipongo, Ken Sutton 12:30-2 pm Every 1st Thursday of the month. Create. Recite. Listen. Free and Open to Public. Coffee and light nibbles will be served. Lemon Tree is supportive of all kinds of creative expression! 301 Mason Ave. Cape Charles 757-331-4327 or email@example.com
- Thursday 6 Apr, American Red Cross Blood Drive - noon to 4pm in the Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital parking lot.
- Friday 7 Apr, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 7 Apr through Saturday 8 Apr, Spring Roundup at the South Pony Corral in Chincoteague. Please enjoy this opportunity to view the ponies while observing safety precautions posted by the CVFC. Click here for more information
- Friday 7 Apr, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio is pleased to present Meher Strings 6-8 pm Come over to Lemon Tree for this FREE event and soak up some good old-fashioned classical music bliss! Featuring a trio of wonderful musicians who are joining us from the other side of the water. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles 757-331-4327
- Friday 7 Apr, Quarter Auction to benefit Relay for Life - 6pm at the Bloxom Firehouse. Entry and one bidding paddle are $5; additional paddles are $5 each. For $50, you get entry and paddles for eight people with reserved priority seating. Refreshments will be for sale. For more information or table reservations, call Brenda Laws at (757)710-1729.
- Saturday 8 Apr, Beach Bash Oyster Roast at YMCA Camp Silver Beach. All-inclusive ticket prices include Eastern Shore oysters, clams, clam chowder, BBQ, wine by Chatham and beer by Wendell's. Tickets are $50 if purchased by March 24th and $75 after. All monies raised will benefit the YMCA Camp Silver Beach Camper Scholarship Campaign. Visit www.campsilverbeach.org/beachbash for more details.
- Saturday 8 Apr, Touch-a-Truck - 10am to 3pm at Arcadia High School. Trucks and equipment will be coming from Dublin Farms, Hill Sand and Gravel, the Virginia Marine Resources Commission, the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles, the Greenbackville Fire Department and more. Grab your lunch while you're there! BBQ lunches with coleslaw, baked beans and a drink are just $7. There will also be a bouncey house. $5 donation to enter.
- Saturday 8 Apr, ACES presents the Rainier Trio at 7:30 PM at Historic Cokesbury Church in Onancock. This trio is an exciting group that captivates audiences with gems from the violin-viola-piano repertoire. This concert bridges genres from classical to ragtime and the tango. Tickets are $20 at outlets or $22 at the door; student tickets are $5. Additional info at www.acesva.org and www.classicstringsduo.com or 757-302-0366. Find ACES on Facebook.
- Saturday 8 Apr, Easter Family Fun Day at the Hermitage from 10am to 2pm. Bounce house, face painting, a petting zoo, visits from the Eastern Bunny, $2 cheese burgers and $1 hot dogs, a bake sale, and much more.
- Wednesday 12 Apr, Drinking Liberally - 7pm to 9pm at the Charlotte Hotel in Onancock. Open mic at 8pm
You can add to this calendar