Calendar of Events for Thursday 19 April 2018:
- Today, Third Thursday Poetry & Storytelling night - join Ken Sutton and local wordsmiths on the stage or in the audience at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm. April is National poetry month!
- Tomorrow, Delmarva Idol to be held at The Chincoteague Center, 6155 Community Drive. For more information, please visit thechincoteaguecenter.com.
- Tomorrow, Tune up your instrument, warm up your voice, practice your lines because itís Open Mic night at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio 6-8PM Everyone welcome. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Tomorrow, Relax at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack and enjoy the sounds of The Lowlanders. Eric and David play a great variety of celtic, bluegrass and their own "dunegrass" tunes. These great guys love to entertain! 7-9pm and no cover charge! call 442 3800 for reservations
- Tomorrow, Spaghetti Dinner at Oak Grove UMC 30053 Seaside Road in Melfa, 4:30pm to 6:30pm. $8. for Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad, garlic bread, dessert, and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions, call 710-4920, 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Saturday 21 Apr, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 21 Apr, Assateague Island Fee Free Day
- Saturday 21 Apr, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Childrenís Watercolor Workshop with Thelma Peterson Childrenís Class:10 AM - 12 PM Cost:$30 Materials included 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Saturday 21 Apr, Community Yard Sale to benefit Northampton High/Middle School PTSA!! 9:00am-1:00pm at Northampton High School. Spaces available for $15 (tables and chairs not provided). Rain or shine (will be indoors if rainy). Email to reserve space:email@example.com Proceeds will fund PTSA's scholarship program!
- Saturday 21 Apr, The Great Machipongo Clam Shack welcomes back the wonderful Lady Vee to our stage. Soul, blues, a voice that captivates. 7-9pm with no cover charge. Call 442 3800 for reservations and come enjoy a delicious dinner with friends and family.
- Saturday 21 Apr, 5K Run with the Athletes 9am in Historic Accomac. $25 Registration fee. The Onancock Elks Lodge hosts this event to benefit Area 19 Special Olympics Virginia Athletes. 757-787-7750. Registration begins at 7:30am
- Saturday 21 Apr, Firetruck pull - 11am at the Onancock Elks Lodge. Bring your 6-person team to compete against other teams in pulling a full size firetruck 30 feet! 2 divisions -- First responders/Military or Average Joe/Joanne. $150 team registration fee 757-787-7750. Benefits Area 19 Special Olympics Virginia athletes.
- Saturday 21 Apr, 3rd Annual Earth Day Celebration - 1pm to 3pm at the Exmore Town Park Live music, Barnyard animals, Free plant giveaways, Delicious food by local vendors, Pony, Smokey Bear, Face Painting, Antique tractors, Nature exhibits - Free Earth Day Fun for the Whole Family!
- Sunday 22 Apr, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Earth Day Celebration 12-4 PM Join us for an afternoon of celebration! Painters and potters will be here working and demonstrating their process. Light refreshments will be served. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Monday 23 Apr, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 23 Apr, "Functions of the Kitchen" Hospitality Course at ESCC Workforce Development April 23-May 5 6pm-8:30pm. Earn a Certified Kitchen Cook credential with successful completion. Call 789-7979 for more info.
- Tuesday 24 Apr, Bingo at Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Tuesday 24 Apr, Eastern Shore Cruisers monthly meeting - 7 pm at The Sage in Onley. Bring a friend and share a hobby or a cup of joe.
- Wednesday 25 Apr, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 25 Apr, Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley, VA is having their Wednesday night dinner serving roasted pork loin, scalloped potatoes, green beans, rolls and peach cobbler. New serving hours are from 5:30-6:30. Adults are $8.00, children 6-12 are $4.00 and under 6 are free. Everyone is welcome. This will be the last dinner until fall (September).
- Wednesday 25 Apr, Junior All Shore Band concert - 7 pm at Nandua High. Young musicians from area schools will be participating. This is a free concert.
- Thursday 26 Apr, The Good News Club meets at 3:45 pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. This is a safe, fun, Christian educational program for children. Transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are asked to pick their kids up from the church promptly at 5:15 pm.
- Friday 27 Apr, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 27 Apr, Arbor Day
- Friday 27 Apr, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Mike Lancke with Leanne Adamson 6-8 PM Anytime Mike plays you can expect songs from the 60's thru today.It's all meant to get you singing along and feeling good. Everyone welcome. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 27 Apr, Live music @ The Great Machipongo Clam Shack. Meet your friends at the Clam Shack for a fun Friday night of amazing music, good food and a variety of craft beers, local wines and mixed drinks. 7-9pm Call 442 3800 for reservations or just drop on by!
- Friday 27 Apr, A Clam Fritter Supper will be held at Johnson's UMC, 11175 Bayside Rd., Machipongo, from 5 to 7 pm. The all-you-care-to-eat menu consists of clam fritters, hush puppies, potato salad, sweet corn, cole slaw and dessert. Adults $12 and children $5. UMW is selling hand-quilted quilts, chicken salad $7/pt, our Church cookbook and scrumptious baked goods.- plus.
- Saturday 28 Apr, 2nd Annual Shore Craft Beer Festival - 12:30pm to 4:30pm at the Chincoteague Fairgrounds. See the website for details.
- Saturday 28 Apr, Peter Hartzler takes the stage at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack, Nassawadox, 7-9pm. We've missed Peter and we're glad to welcome him back to hear his new material and all the old favorites that audiences love. www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Saturday 28 Apr, Shrimp Boil 5-9 pm at the Cape Charles Museum. Live music by the popular Grassafrass Band. Tickets - $40 adults and $15 for children 7-12 - available at the Museum and Periwinkles in Cape Charles by cash or check, or by credit card ($2 surcharge) from our website capecharlesmuseum.org.
- Saturday 28 Apr, ESCC Science Fair for K-12 8:00am-12:00pm. Applications available at es.vccs.edu. Mad Science of Hampton Roads will entertain at 11:00am. All are welcome!
- Sunday 29 Apr, Eastern Shore of Virginia Master Gardeners is showing the film Hometown Habitat - Stories of Bringing Nature Home, 2:00 pm, at the CIAO Island Theater Annex on Main St in Chincoteague. Free. Go to esvmg.com for more information.
- Sunday 29 Apr, Neal Hatfield, a powerful speaker with a special burden for young people, will be at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller at 11 am and 6:30 pm. Don't miss this!
- Monday 30 Apr through Wednesday 2 May, Neal Hatfield, a powerful speaker with a special burden for young people, will bring the "Showers of Blessings Rally" to Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller at 6:30 pm. Don't miss this!
You can add to this calendar
Quote of the Day: