Birthdays and Anniversaries:
- Happy birthday to Dorothy Snead
- Happy 30th birthday to Katie Kellam
- Happy 9th birthday to Khalil Hawkins
- Happy anniversary to Ann and Pete Terry
- Happy anniversary to Joe & Irene Evans
- Happy 3rd anniversary to Carrie & Ralph Bowen
There are 37 birthdays and 10 anniversaries this week
Calendar of Events for Tuesday 5 May 2015:
- Today through Friday 8 May, New Chincoteague Island Blueberry Festival video featuring the song Blueberry Way by Sam Serio and vocals by Army Specialist Deedra Ervin official launch. View on May 5th, 2015 at www.Facebook.com/ChincoteagueFestival or www.ChincoteagueBlueberryFestival.com for more info 757-894-2334
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Tomorrow, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. Hosted by Peg Volk. Special guest Jeremy Ware. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Thursday 7 May, 8PM Chair Place music night on the Craddockville corner. Plenty of seating, parking, byob, instrument. Join in or listen to bluegrass, blues, country, oldies, classic rock, folk, etc. with an enthusiastic bunch of local musicians led by Bill on banjo. Free night of entertainment.
- Friday 8 May, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 8 May, Concert:The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore under the direction of Paul Kim presents its spring concert, May Jewels, including the Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C Minor by J.S. Bach and Symphony No. 29 in A Major by Mozart. Concert begins at 7:30 PM at Cokesbury Church in Onancock. Admission free, donations welcome.
- Friday 8 May, Spring Ballet by ESO School of Dance, "Big City, Bright Lights" 7 p.m. at Nandua High School. Broadway theme! Tickets:BB&T Mappsville, Book Bin, CD Marsh, ESO Office, Smiling Dolphin, Rayfield's CC, or www.esoartscenter.org. 757-442-3226
- Saturday 9 May, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 9 May, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 9 May, 21st Annual International Migratory Bird Celebration - Held at Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Workshops, Walks, Activities, etc. (757) 336-6122 for more info.
- Saturday 9 May, Gourmet Sausage by Sale St Helena's Guild of St George's Church, Pungoteague, VA. All Sausages & Franks by Bethlehem Sausage Werke Order:Bratwurst, Calabresa, Charizo, Kase-Kainer, Knockwurst, Sweet Italian Sausage, Weisswurst & German Franks prices range from $6.50-8.25 call 757.999.1961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Order placed by May 1st for May 9th delivery
- Saturday 9 May, Indoor Yard Sale 8am -1pm at Woman's Club Clubhouse, Richmond Ave., Onley. (across from Sage Diner) Jewelry, Toys, Books, Clothing, White Elephant, Plants and Shrubs. Also Soup and Baked Goods
- Saturday 9 May, Mother Earth Day Festival - Arts, crafts, music, environmental booths, kids activities and more. Sponsored by Chincoteague Cultural Alliance, 10am-3pm at Robert Reed Waterfront Park. Vendors prepaid registration required. For more information, visit chincoteagueculturalalliance.org.
- Saturday 9 May, Women Build, one shift of 20 women working from 9AM-1PM. A morning snack will be provided. No tee shirt will be given out this year and there is no registration fee. Participation will be limited to 20 women. Call or email the Habitat office for a registration form- Phone- 757 442-4687 or e-mail- email@example.com. Location- 21219 Fox Grove Rd. Parksley, VA 23421
- Saturday 9 May, Studio Sale Benefit for CBES (Citizens for a Better Eastern Shore) during the Eastville Town Yard Sale —— all remaining inventory of The Gallery at Eastville —— designer-made wearables, jewelry, glass, original art —— Great Prices for a Great Cause. Sale from 9 am ‘til everything’s gone. 16319 Courthouse Road, Eastville. All proceeds to CBES
- Saturday 9 May, Missy Mack and Diamond playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Saturday 9 May, Eastville Town-Wide Yard Sale - 8am to 2pm. Residents will be setting up in their own yards throughout town. Vendors will also be at the Town Park on Willow Oak Rd. Christ Episcopal & Eastville Baptist Churches will also be participating. Lunches available. Odd & Ends, clothing, antiques, tools, and even snow cones. Come on Down!!
- Sunday 10 May, Concert:The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore under the direction of Paul Kim presents its spring concert, May Jewels, including the Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C Minor by J.S. Bach and Symphony No. 29 in A Major by Mozart. Concert begins at 4:00 PM at Hungars Church on Bayside Road in Bridgetown (Machipongo). Admission free, donations welcome.
- Sunday 10 May, Spring Ballet by ESO School of Dance, "Big City, Bright Lights" 2 p.m. at Nandua High School. Broadway theme! Tickets:BB&T Mappsville, Book Bin, CD Marsh, ESO Office, Smiling Dolphin, Rayfield's CC, or www.esoartscenter.org. 757-442-3226
- Sunday 10 May, Mother's Day Specials at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack. Special menu options and a gift for the Mom's! Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Monday 11 May, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 11 May, Mothers Day
- Thursday 14 May, Accomack Northampton Transition Council for Students with Disabilities and Eastern Shore Community College will host training on Career Readiness Certificates, Academic & Career Coaching Program and VA Assistive Technology Program. Eastern Shore Community College, Workforce Development Center, Room 170/180, Melfa, VA from 4pm to 5:30 pm. For more information call 757/787-5821.
- Saturday 16 May, Crabby Blues Festival at Cape Charles Central Park, from 3-8, will be filled with music, food, families and fun.Enjoy fresh, off-the-boat crabs, live music, silent auction, kids area, arts & crafts vendors, and food vendors. Questions? Call Cape Charles Christian School 331-1717 or go to www.crabbyblues.com.
- Saturday 16 May, Mike Hawker performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Local favorite with a great sound! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 16 May, Small Farm Tour, 2-4pm at Shine and Rise Farm in Painter, Va. Sign up with firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.veslt.org for more information!
- Saturday 16 May, Public Archaeology Day at the Historic Palace Theatre in Cape Charles starting at 9:00 am. The morning will include speakers on a variety of archaeological topics. The afternoon will be spent visiting several Eastern Shore sites, some that are not generally open to the public. Admission is free.
- Sunday 17 May, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
You can add to this calendar