Calendar of Events for Saturday 17 March 2018:
- Today, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Today, Raising the Green for the Eastern Shore Public Library - 5:30 pm at The Island House Restaurant. Delicious Dinner, Silent and Live Auctions, Door Prizes, 50/50 drawing. Tickets are $75 per person. For more information visit www.shorelibrary.com. All proceeds to benefit the new Eastern Shore Regional Library
- Today, Get your green on with some awesome music, food and good times. The Exmoreons entertain at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack. Phone 442-3800 for reservations
- Today, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio hosts a Two Day Pottery Workshop with Elizabeth Hunt, 11AM-4PM on March 17th and 24th. Cost is $125 plus a $20 materials fee. Learn the basics including glazing. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Today, Come celebrate St. Patrick's Day at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Faith and Begorrah, we will be having traditional Irish food and drink specials, from 5-9 p.m.
- Today, 6pm-8pm Live electric guitar music by the O'Exmoreons at the Machipongo Clam Shack in Nassawadox. Eddy and BK will be entertaining St Patty's day with Irish music by the Ventures, BB King, various country artists, Bo Diddly, etc. accompanying some of the best food and drink on the Eastern Shore. Good spirits, food, music. You can't miss it.
- Today, Celebrate St Patrick's Day With an Evening of Mostly Irish Music Performed by "3 SHEETS" at the Island Theater 4074 Main St. On Chincoteague 7:30 pm $10 Doors open at 7pm Beer & Wine with ID Tickets on sale at ciarts.org (online only) also Sundial books 4065 Main St Chincoteague or at the door night of the event
- Tomorrow, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tomorrow, Russell Stanger String Quartet in concert - 4pm at Hungars Church. The program will feature Schubert’s String Quartet No. 14 in D minor, known as “Death and the Maiden,” and Schubert’s String Quintet in C Major, the Cello Quintet, with additional cellist. The performance is free of charge, with a free-will offering received. A meet-the-artists reception will follow in the Parish Hall.
- Tomorrow through Tuesday 20 Mar, Revival - Just Believe at Craddockville UMC Free Dinner at 6pm (soup and sandwiches); Service at 7pm Speakers are:Sunday- Brittany Savage and Michael Henry; Monday- Wilson Cropt and Rev. Harold White; Tuesday- Lee Henderson and Rev. Bobby Parks Music- Sunday Chincoteague Church of God- Worship Team; Tuesday- Mount Calvery Male Choir; Wednesday- The Craddockville Praise Band
- Monday 19 Mar, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 19 Mar, Assateague Island Fee Free Day
- Tuesday 20 Mar, Bingo at Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Tuesday 20 Mar, The Eastern Shore of VA Chapter, DAR, will be having a card/game party at the Island House starting at 11:00. Cost is $25.00 and includes lunch. Proceeds will benefit the Chapter's scholarship. For reservations call 757.442.4709 or 757.442.6963. Reservation deadline is March 15th.
- Tuesday 20 Mar, Accomack - Northampton Region of the AACA Car Club monthly meeting at the Sage in Onley. 7:00pm bring a friend or two who love old cars & trucks and vintage motorcycles / scooters. This region established in 1976.
- Wednesday 21 Mar, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 21 Mar, Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley, VA is having their Wednesday night dinner serving hamburger steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, succotash, rolls and chocolate cake. New serving hours are from 5:30-6:30. Adults are $8.00, children 6-12 are $4.00 and under 6 are free. Everyone is welcome.
- Wednesday 21 Mar, Hack Your Brain Trivia with Mr. Hack at 6:30 p.m. Come with a group or go it alone, but come on in for a fun time with Sunset Specials from 4-6 p.m. and Trivia Night specials at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek.
- Thursday 22 Mar, The Good News Club meets at 3:45 pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. This is a safe, fun, Christian educational program for children. Transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are asked to pick their kids up from the church promptly at 5:15 pm.
- Thursday 22 Mar, Deadline to register students for STEM Saturday (on April 14). This program is targeted for 8th, 9th, and 10th graders and is a collaborative effort with ESCC and NASA Wallops. Breakout sessions for Aerospace, electronics, and health science. Parents are welcome, breakfast will be available. Space is limited. Register 789-1796.
- Friday 23 Mar, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 23 Mar, Emily Guemple entertains at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm Come out to enjoy the talents of this singer/songwriter as she performs at The Clam Shack. Try some of our dinner specials or just sit back and relax with a cold beverage. Great beer selection, local wines and mixed drinks available. No cover charge!
- Friday 23 Mar, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Allen Philpot 6-8 PM Allen Philpot has a soothing presence and a clean style. Relax and let the music take you away.Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 23 Mar through Sunday 25 Mar, Heritage Days Weekend at the Museum of Chincoteague Island. For more information see the museum website.
- Friday 23 Mar, Taste of Italy Pasta Night - 6pm to 8pm at Downings UMC Social Hall. $10 includes choice of selection of sauces (alfredo, meat or tomato), lasagna, salad, bread, dessert and beverage. Proceeds go to Lighthouse Ministries. Contact Amy at 757-710-2490 for tickets and more info.
- Friday 23 Mar, Pulled Pork Dinner 4:30-6:30 PM at Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Rd. Melfa. Meal-$8.00; Pint of Barbeque-$8.00 Pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, dessert, and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions, call 710-4920 or 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Friday 23 Mar, Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Oyster Roast - 6pm to midnight at the Eastville Bingo Hall. Roast Oysters, steamed oysters, oysters on the half shell, BBQ pulled pork, cole slaw, baked beans and clam chowder. Beer and wine will be sold. Presale tickets are $35 each or a couples ticket for $55. Tickets at the door will be $45 a person or $65 per couple. Call 757-678-6593 or 757-678-6627 for more information. This is a rain or shine event.
- Saturday 24 Mar, Jeff Madson performs at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm. www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Saturday 24 Mar, Exmore Police Department 1st Annual Easter Egg Hunt - 10am in the Exmore Town Park. For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Rain date is Sunday March 25th
- Tuesday 27 Mar, Eastern Shore Cruisers monthly meeting at the Sage in Onley . 7:00 pm arrive early and have a bite to eat , bring a friend .
- Wednesday 28 Mar, Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley, VA is having their Wednesday night dinner serving oven fried chicken, gravy, macaroni & cheese, green beans and apple cobbler. New serving hours are from 5:30-6:30. Adults are $8.00, children 6-12 are $4.00 and under 6 are free. Everyone is welcome.
- Wednesday 28 Mar, Mexi Night at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek from 5-8 p.m. serving Authentic Mexican food, ole!
- Thursday 29 Mar, Shore Leadership Institute Training starts on Thursday, March 29 to May 17th, 5:30pm - 8:45pm at the ES Chamber of Commerce. Limited to 15 participants. For more information, call 757-787-8590 or email email@example.com.
- Friday 30 Mar through Saturday 31 Mar, Easter Decoy & Arts Festival at the Chincoteague Combined School. Local and national carvers and artists of all kinds exhibit and sell their works. Awards are given in various categories. Wooden Easter Eggs decorated by the exhibitors are offered in a silent auction.
- Friday 30 Mar, George Duer will be entertaining at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack and all are welcome to come out and enjoy. 6-8pm 442 3800 Come on out to enjoy some great entertainment and to try some of the popular Clam Shack dishes. Creamy crab dip, homemade chowder, fried oysters or any of the yummy combo platters. We look forward to seeing you at The Clam Shack! 757-442 3800
- Friday 30 Mar, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio will be closed in observance of Good Friday.
- Saturday 31 Mar, Jeremy and the Lastones performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm check out www.lastonesband.com Call 442 3800 for reservations. No cover charge ever, just good time guaranteed! Not too hungry, come sit for awhile, enjoy a craft beer or glass of wine and maybe one of our popular appetisers. All are welcome at The Clam Shack.
- Saturday 31 Mar, Breakfast with the Easter Bunny at Atlantic Vol Fire & Rescue - 8am to 11am, Eggs,Pancakes,Scrapple,Sausage,Juice,Coffee, Milk - $8 Adults, $3 Age 6 & Under. Egg Hunt at 10am 10071 Atlantic Rd, Carry Outs Available 757-824-4844
You can add to this calendar
Word of the Day: