Birthdays and Anniversaries:
- Happy birthday to Dorothy Snead
- Happy 31st birthday to Katie Kellam
- Happy 10th birthday to Khalil Hawkins
- Happy anniversary to Ann and Pete Terry
- Happy anniversary to Joe & Irene Evans
- Happy 4th anniversary to Carrie & Ralph Bowen
There are 37 birthdays and 10 anniversaries this week
Calendar of Events for Thursday 5 May 2016:
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Tomorrow, ESO Live! Presents Eastern Virginia Brass at 8:00 pm. Join them for an evening of varied music on a trio of trumpet, horn & trombone. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Shows are performed in an intimate, nightclub-like setting. Light snack provided. Beer, wine, soda, and water available for purchase. 757.442.3226 | 15293 King St Belle Haven, VA | www.esoarts.org
- Tomorrow, “Spring Spectacular” Classical Music Concert - The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore plays the music by Corelli, Tchaikovsky and Mozart. Cokesbury Methodist Church in Onancock, 7:30 pm. Featured will be Mozart’s Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola and Orchestra, with soloists Paul Kim, Rebecca S. Kim, and guest conductor Lee Jordan-Anders. Admission free; donations welcomed.
- Tomorrow, Mike Hawker performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Local favorite with great acoustic sound! Call 757-442-3800 for more info.
- Saturday 7 May, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 7 May, 48th Annual Chincoteague Seafood Festival "Little Neck" Steamed Clams, Single Fried Oysters, Fried Fish, Shrimp, Clam Fritters, Clam Strips, Raw Oysters & Clams, Grilled Chicken, Clam Chowder, etc, non-alcoholic beverages and live entertainment is included in your ticket price of $40 per person (ages 5 & up.) Noon-4PM. Tom's Cove Park - 8128 Beebe Road. For more information or to purchase tickets go to the website, visit the Chamber office, or call 757-336-6161.
- Saturday 7 May, The Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery - Kayce McGee Performance. Come see our local girl who made the big time! 7:30 - 10:30 pm
- Saturday 7 May, Hog Bash 2016 @ the Onancock Elks Lodge Noon til 4pm $40 ticket gets you a chance to win $250 every 15 minutes for 4hrs, a 2016 Harley Road King, all you can eat & drink, live entertainment by "Runnin Shine" 757-787-7750 only about 250 tickets left
- Saturday 7 May, Eastville Town-Wide Yard Sale from 8-2. Residents will set up in their yards throughout town and others at the Town Park. Christ Church will be having their annual spring Plant Sale and the Eastville Baptist Church will be serving a lunch. The Eastville Fire Co. Thrift Store will also be open. Come spend some time and see what treasures you can find!
- Saturday 7 May, Reg Lanning performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Reg plays clawhammer banjo, guitar, vocals and harmonica to present a variety of songs, ranging from Traditional/Americana to the blues to Acoustic favorites. A unique feature of his performance is banjo, played in the "melodic clawhammer" style. Great way to celebrate Mother's Day Eve!! Call 757-442-3800 for reservations.
- Saturday 7 May, 12th Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection! 10am-2pm at the Horntown, Grangeville, and Birdsnest Convenience Centers. Up to 50 lbs FREE, additional pounds $1.00/lb. More details online at https://www.facebook.com/events/731186267024412/?ti=cl
- Saturday 7 May, Cape Charles town wide yard sale
- Saturday 7 May, Scout Expo for the Virginia District of the DelMarVa Council of the Boy Scouts of America. The public is invited to visit from 10 am - 4 pm at Nandua High School.
- Sunday 8 May, The Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery Mother's Day Buffet. Buffet begins at 10am - 2pm. Regular menu 5pm - 8pm. Come celebrate MOM!
- Sunday 8 May, Happy Mother's Day! At Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller we'll have a Ladies' Breakfast at 9am to start your day out right! Then join us for Sunday School at 9:45am & Church Services at 11am.
- Sunday 8 May, “Spring Spectacular” Classical Music Concert - The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore plays the music by Corelli, Tchaikovsky and Mozart. Hungars Episcopal Church, Bridgetown, 4 pm. Featured will be Mozart’s Sinfonia Concertante for Violin, Viola and Orchestra, with soloists Paul Kim, Rebecca S. Kim, and guest conductor Lee Jordan-Anders. Admission free; donations welcomed.
- Monday 9 May, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 10 May, The Eastern Shore of Virginia Historical Society and Bay Creek invite you to join us for a series of events about the magnificent landscape and history of George Washington’s Mount Vernon presented by Dr. Susan P. Schoelwer. For more information and to purchase tickets, call 757.787.8012 or visit www.shorehistory.org/events
- Wednesday 11 May, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 11 May, Mothers Day
- Wednesday 11 May, FREE weekly soup kitchen at The Corner Stone Seventh Day Adventist Church in Exmore. The soup kitchen is held every Wednesday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and is open to anyone needing a meal.
- Wednesday 11 May, Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley - Wednesday night supper menu is oven fried chicken, baked corn, cabbage, corn bread and dessert. Join us from 5:30-6:30. Adults are $8, children 6-12 are $4, children under 6 are free and families are never more than $25. Take-outs are $10
- Friday 13 May, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 13 May, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing Irish and Celtic tunes. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 14 May, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 14 May, Indoor Yard Sale at The Woman's Club of Accomack County, Onley. 8 AM to 1PM. Bake table with cakes, pies & cookies made by our members, assorted soups, jewelry, toys, books, plants, clothing. New and gently used items. Bring a friend! Held rain or shine!
- Saturday 14 May, Chris English Band at Giddens' Legendary Do Drop Inn! Come out and enjoy this great band and the "best dance floor on the Shore"! Doors open @ 7:30 p.m Music @ 8:30. $10/admission. 8204 Bayford Rd, Weirwood, VA 23413 info:442-2139
- Saturday 14 May, Acoustic Duo Matt and Wayne performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Matt and Wayne Young accompanied by Bill LeCato on the piano playing all your favorites! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Sunday 15 May, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Wednesday 18 May, Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley - Wednesday night supper menu is hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, peas, rolls and dessert. Join us from 5:30-6:30. Adults are $8, children 6-12 are $4, children under 6 are free and families are never more than $25. Take-outs are $10
- Thursday 19 May, Book Group. Open to the public Meetings are at Naomi Makemie Presbyterian Church Onancock Va. ? 3rd Thursday of each month, 1-3 PM
You can add to this calendar