Calendar of Events for Sunday 21 December 2014:
- Today, Blue Christmas - Has the season got you down? Maybe you are missing someone special this time of year? The Blue Christmas is for you. It's a time of reflection with music, candles, and prayer to help us get through the darkest night of the year. Join us at 7 PM at Grace UMC at the corner of Bennett Street & Wilson Avenue in Parksley.
- Today, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 24 Dec, Christmas Eve Service 5:30PM - Grace United Methodist Church, located at the corner of Bennett and Wilson in Parksley will be having a Christmas Program Service with music and a live nativity. Come see the story of Christmas acted out by the children of all ages of Grace. Come join us for a great emotional celebration of Christmas. (See additional post for Midnight Service)
- Wednesday 24 Dec, Midnight Christmas Eve Service @ 11:00PM - Grace United Methodist Church, located at the corner of Bennett and Wilson in Parksley will be having our Midnight Christmas Eve Service. This will be a candlelight service that welcomes in Christmas Day. It is a special service each year as we hear a message of Hope and Love. Come join us for a time of music as we retell the story of Christmas.
- Wednesday 24 Dec, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 25 Dec, Christmas
- Friday 26 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 26 Dec, Festive Fridays in Cape Charles -- 5PM to 8PM. You deserve a stress-free, magical holiday experience. Savor it in one of the Shore's most enchanting bay towns during not 1 but 6 Festive Fridays. Shopkeepers warmly welcome,csidewalk carolers fill the air, romantic carriage rides, luminaries light up your heart and the quaint downtown, and seasonal specials abound at our bistros and boutiques.
- Saturday 27 Dec, Jeff Madson playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30pm - 8:30pm. Local favorite playing classic acousitics with rich vocals. Ring out 2014 on a high note! Call 442-3800 for more info www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Saturday 27 Dec, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Wednesday 31 Dec, 3rd Annual Chincoteague Island Arts Organization New Year’s Eve Concert at the Island Theatre featuring Bill Toms & Hard Rain. Come out for a fun evening of music & dancing & watch the horseshoe drop across the street afterwards. 8:00PM - 11:30PM. Doors open at 7:30PM. Tickets $30 - purchase at Sundial Books or H&H Pharmacy (cash or check only) or at ciarts.org. No refunds or exchanges. Beer & wine sold during concert.
- Wednesday 31 Dec, Pony Island Horseshoe Drop & Masquerade March -- Wear your favorite costume or be a spectator. Theme:Salt-Water Cowboys & Seaside Angels. Prizes awarded. Festivities begin at 10 PM For more info visit ChincoteagueChristmas.com
- Wednesday 31 Dec, Inaugural Dropping of the Crab Pot -- 9:45 PM to 10:15 PM at Cape Charles Harbor. The Town of Cape Charles will be dropping a 6 x 6 fully lit Crab Pot from a large crane beginning at 9:59 pm and ending at 10:00 pm (11:59 pm - 12:00 am Greenland Timezone) on Mason Avenue across the street from the Cape Charles Memorial Library. Fireworks will follow. This is a free event so make your plans at a local establishment.
- Wednesday 31 Dec, Come bring in the new year with the Onancock Elks Lodge & Southbound, $20 couple, 8:30pm - 12:30am - 757-787-7750 for info. $30 at the door
- Thursday 1 Jan, Polar Pony Plunge -- 1:15 PM Plungers are encouraged to dress up in the zaniest, craziest costume they can come up with! Prizes await the best costumes in many categories. Plungers must read and sign a waiver and release form. For more info visit ChincoteagueChristmas.com
- Friday 2 Jan, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Saturday 3 Jan, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Sunday 4 Jan, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
You can add to this calendar
Star Trek Quote of the Day:
Conquest is easy. Control is not.
Kirk, "Mirror, Mirror", stardate unknown