Calendar of Events for Saturday 28 May 2016:
- Yesterday through Today, Chicken Salad Sale to Benefit Nandua BETA Club. Chicken salad $8 a pint (Peggy Pruitt helped !!) Place orders by sending an email to Tammy Pruitt email@example.com, and we will deliver.
- Today, The Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery is kicking off Memorial Day Weekend with live music featuring Nathan Clendenen in our Cabana Room from 9pm - 1:00 am.
- Today, The Exmoreons performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. B.K. Kurzbard and Eddie Dixon playing blues, classic rock, and having a great time! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Today, Eastern Shore of Virginia Habitat Small Garden Tour - Tour hours are 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Tickets are available for $25 at The Giving Tree, Sunnyside, Thomas Gardens, Hortco, Appleseed's, and the Habitat ReStore in Exmore. They will also be available at each garden on the day of the tour for $30. There are five gardens on the tour from Craddockville through Onancock and details of the tour are on the Habitat web site www.easternshorehabitat.org.
- Today, Rain Barrel Workshop - 10am at the Cape Charles Public Parking Area. $35 per barrel.
- Today, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Today, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Monday 30 May, American Legion Northampton Post 56 will be conducting a Memorial Day Service at the War Memorial on Mason Avenue in Cape Charles at 10:00 a.m.
- Monday 30 May, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 30 May, Memorial Day
- Wednesday 1 Jun, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. Local talent hosted by Peg Volk. Headliner this month is singer/songwriter Jessica West. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Wednesday 1 Jun, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 1 Jun, FREE weekly soup kitchen at The Corner Stone Seventh Day Adventist Church in Exmore. The soup kitchen is held every Wednesday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and is open to anyone needing a meal.
- Thursday 2 Jun, Northampton Teacher Recognition Banquet - 6:30 pm at Hungars Episcopal Church at 7551 Bayside Rd., Bridgetown, VA. Principal speaker State Delegate Robert Bloxom. Tickets are available at the Northampton County Schools Central Office in Machipongo and all local school offices for $10.00. The public is invited.
- Friday 3 Jun, Peter Hartzler performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Popular acoustic sound! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 3 Jun, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 4 Jun, 4th Annual Parksley Community Yard Sale in the Parksley Town Park. Thousands of people attended last year's event and left with treasures so clean out your closets, attics and sheds and make some extra money on the things you no longer want or need. The Parksley Community Yard Sale is sponsored by Grace United Methodist Church. If you need more information or would like to register for a booth please call the Church Office at 665-4783.
- Saturday 4 Jun, 28th Annual Clean the Bay Day - see the press release for details.
- Saturday 4 Jun, 20th Annual Benefit by the Bay - 6pm-11pm at the The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Dining, dancing, selfie stations, and FUN! Dress is “20’s Spiffy” (optional). Tickets, $100.00, available beginning April 1 at Periwinkles, Rayfields, The Lemon Tree Gallery in Cape Charles. Proceeds benefit Arts Enter Cape Charles.
- Saturday 4 Jun, Centennial 5K Run - Assateague Island National Seashore. 8am at the Wildlife Loop. Register today at RunSignUp.com. 100 Runner Limit. Free Event, Donations Accepted.
- Saturday 4 Jun, Model Rocket Launch - 2pm at the Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center. Want to see a rocket launch? Models of various sizes will be launched and visitors get to assist with the countdown and volunteer to "push the button" for launch, or even build and bring their own rockets. Approximately 45 minutes. http://sites.wff.nasa.gov/wvc
- Saturday 4 Jun, 2016 Parksley Car & Truck Show to Benefit the Cub Scout Pack 300 & Boy Scout Troop 303 of Parksley. 10am-3pm. Downtown Parksley. Entry Fee for cars, trucks, & motorcycles is a donation to the Scouts. Make checks payable to Cub Scout Pack 300. Mail checks & entry forms to PO Box 1041 Parksley, VA 23421 c/o Pack 300. Any questions call Josh 757-710-5299 or Shannon 757-709-1856.
- Saturday 4 Jun, 2nd Annual Bingo & Chinese Auction at the Parksley Firehouse from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Dinner from 4:30 pm until sold out. Bingo starts at 5:30 pm. Fried chicken dinner with macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and a roll for $7. Sponsored by the Kegotank Elementary School Junior Beta Club.
- Saturday 4 Jun, Mike Hawker performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Enjoy great food while listening to Mike's rendition of your favorite tunes. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Sunday 5 Jun, Accomack 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 2:00 PM. The meeting and shooting activities will be held at Noaawiva Sportsmen range near Oak Hall on Rt. 175E. Club membership is open to all girls and boys from 9 to 18 years old. Youth learn gun safety and shooting skills under the guidance of certified instructors. Call 757-442-7287 for further information.
- Sunday 5 Jun, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tuesday 7 Jun, Know The 10 Signs of Alzheimer's - 6pm to 7pm at the Eastern Shore Family YMCA in Onley A workshop presented by the Alzheimer’s Association. If you or someone you know is experiencing memory loss or behavioral changes, it’s time to learn the facts.RSVP 800-272-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday 8 Jun, Movie night at Hollies Baptist Church in Keller. We will be showing the inspiration movie "Courageous" at 6:30pm. All are welcome. Look on our website for more information.
- Friday 10 Jun, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Always playing acoustic favorites, classic rock, folk, and more! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 10 Jun, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Saturday 11 Jun, Hollies Baptist Church will have their Vacation Bible School Kick Off at the Keller Town Hall, 18248 NR North Street. Join us for the Fun, Games & Food!
- Saturday 11 Jun, Vacation Bible School Kickoff event for Hollies Baptist Church at the Keller Town Hall from 10am till 2pm. Games, food and fun for everyone. Ocean Commotion shirts will be available at $8, first come first serve.
- Saturday 11 Jun, Ray Ray's Pet Parade - 11am to 12pm in Downtown Onancock. Bring your pet and join us for a parade through Onancock to celebrate our pets and life. Dress them in silly costumes (people too!), because, why not? All pets welcome, on leash or carried. Water provided for animals. Owners are responsible for pet behavior. Prizes for pet costumes. Rain Date is June 12 at 1:00
- Saturday 11 Jun, Jessica West performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Talented, local singer/songwriter! An inspiring evening as we welcome Jessica back to the Clam Shack stage! Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Saturday 11 Jun, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
You can add to this calendar