Birthdays and Anniversaries:
Calendar of Events for Tuesday 25 September 2018:
- Friday 21 Sep through Thursday 27 Sep, The Draken Harald Hårfagre, the world’s largest operating Viking ship will be in Cape Charles during Expedition America:East Coast Tour 2018. Discover during its stopover in Cape Charles, promising visitors an engaging look at the modern-day Viking spirit. Tour the ship, interact with the crew and more. Let our crew members take you on a deck tour of Draken and learn about the ship and the adventure of sailing her. Details are on the Cape Charles website.
- Today, Eastern Shore Cruisers meeting at The Sage in Onley at 7:00pm come early and have dinner and light hearted conversation , bring a friend
- Today, Bingo at Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 27 Sep, The Good News Club meets at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller at 3:45 pm. Parents are asked to pick up their kids from the church promptly at 5:15 pm.
- Friday 28 Sep, Entertaining at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack is the ever popular Mike Hawker 7-9pm. Lots of great specials on the menu and a great beer and wine menu to select from. www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Friday 28 Sep, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Lee Walker 6-8PM Kick back and unwind with some great Americana tunes by original singer-songwriter, Lee Walker. Complimentary refreshments. Cash bar.301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 28 Sep, Pulled Pork Dinner at Oak Grove UMC 30053 Seaside Rd. Melfa 4:30-6:30 PM; Meal-$8.00; Pint of Barbeque-$8.00 Pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, dessert, and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions, call 710-4920 or 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Friday 28 Sep, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 29 Sep, We welcome local musician David Pruitt to the stage at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack in Nassawadox, Va 757-442 3800 Have yourselves an enjoyable and relaxing Saturday night right here on the Shore. Good food, fair prices, let the crew take care of you!
- Saturday 29 Sep, Grand Gala “Celebrating the Arts” 6PM With live performances by VCA Virginia Opera and Ghost Town Union Tickets:$50 Historic Palace Theatre 305 Mason Ave. Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-2787 * firstname.lastname@example.org * www.artsentercapecharles.org * @artsentercapecharles
- Saturday 29 Sep, Chesapeake Bay Foundation’s annual clamboree - 5pm to 10pm at the Island House Restaurant. This year’s Clamboree will offer delicious Eastern Shore seafood, live music, and stunning views, with all proceeds benefiting the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. Oysters on the half shell, all you can eat clams, and a crab cake dinner are included for $65 per person. Tickets are available online at www.cbf.org/clamboree.
- Saturday 29 Sep, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Sunday 30 Sep through Monday 1 Oct, Auditions for The Butleress, 3 PM Sunday 6 PM Monday. "Four women meet at the local community theater to rehearse an obscure English mystery-drama. And that's when they start getting murdered. " 4 females Historic Palace Theatre 305 Mason Ave. Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-278 email@example.com * www.artsentercapecharles.org * @artsentercapecharles
- Monday 1 Oct, Boy Scout Troop 314 Exmore. Preparing youth to be self-reliant and resourceful leaders for the future, while building personal character, courage,and values of patriotism. Youth and adults welcome. Monday nights 6:30-7:30pm basement of Epworth United Methodist Church.
- Monday 1 Oct, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Thursday 4 Oct, A free introductory workshop designed to help the small business owner identify and establish basic recording keeping standards necessary for understanding and managing their tax obligation will be held on Thursday, October 4, 2018 at the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce in Melfa starting at 5:30pm. To register call 757-787-7697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before September 29th
- Friday 5 Oct, Dance Party in the Park featuring DJ Black Ice - 6pm to 9pm at the Exmore Town Park. This event is free and open to the public
- Friday 5 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 6 Oct, 46th Annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival at Tom's Cove Park on Chincoteague. Tickets are $45 per person (Children under 5 are FREE). Gates open at 10am, appetizers served at 11am, seafood served at 12noon, festival ends at 4pm.
- Saturday 6 Oct, 3rd Annual Northampton Agricultural County Fair - 10 am to 2 pm at the old Northampton Middle School in Machipongo. This event is free and open to the public
- Saturday 6 Oct, Fall Yard Sale - 8am to 12 noon in the Parksley Town Park. Register to have a booth in the Yard Sale by calling 665-4783. Booth space is only $15 if you register before September 1.
- Saturday 6 Oct, Virginia Commission for the Arts Tyler Hughes Performance Old Time Music & Appalachian Dance 7:30 PM Tickets Available. Prices vary. The Historic Palace Theatre * 305 Mason Ave. Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-2787 * www.artsentercapecharles.org * @artsentercapecharles
- Saturday 6 Oct, 13th Annual Music for the Hungry - 2pm to 6pm at the Onancock Elks Lodge. Join us for a day of food, fun, and live music, all for a good cause. All proceeds from the event will help the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore provide much needed food to those who need it most in our community.
- Saturday 6 Oct, Music & Soul Food Festival - 1pm to 5pm at the Exmore Town Park. $15 per person 12 & up; children under 12 free – featuring Evolution Soul Band; Local & International Soul Food, featuring Celebrity Chef Jacoby Ponder, an Oyster Bar, and more great food; Local artists and craftsmen, children’s activities, civic and organizational community resources!
- Saturday 6 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion Hall in Cheriton, 6:30 PM
- Sunday 7 Oct, Eastern Shore of Virginia Habitat for Humanity's 4th annual Fall Harvest Gala at the Historic Eastville Inn. See the website for details. Proceeds benefit The Eastern Shore Habitat for Humanity
- Sunday 7 Oct, Annual Teddy R. Crockett Memorial Fundraiser for Foster Children --- provides Christmas for the children ESVA Scavenger Hunt, any mode of transportation eligible to enter. 1pm to 5pm $25pp includes Burgers, Hotdogs & non-alcoholic beverages. Onancock Elks Lodge 787-7750 for info
- Sunday 7 Oct, A Pot Luck Lunch will be held at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller at 12:30 pm following our Worship Service. Everyone is welcome to join us!
- Sunday 7 Oct, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Monday 8 Oct, Columbus Day
You can add to this calendar