Calendar of Events for Saturday 1 October 2016:
- Today, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Today, Riverside Shore Hospice Camp Fragile Hearts held at YMCA camp silver beach. This event is a grief and loss camp for children ages 7-17 who have experienced loss from death, incarceration, divorce, out of home placement, deployment. No cost to attend. Call 789-5000 for more information.
- Today, Eastern Shore Public Library Capital Campaign Kick-off - 9AM to 2PM at 24313 Bennett Street, Parksley, Virginia. BBQ, Food, Live Music and Fun Radiothon WESR 103.3 8:45-Noon. Free Admission!
- Today, 6th Annual Barbara Custis Friends and Family Fall Festival - 10 AM to 3 PM at the Randy Custis Memorial Park in Nassawadox. Bring the whole family for fun with inflatables, a children's festival, car and tractor show, cornhole tournament, local food, local artisan vendors, and live music by Johnny Mo, Patsy Goard and Double Booked. $5 admission for adults, kids under 12 are free. Proceeds benefit the Randy Custis Memorial fund. For more information on the Fall Festival contact Roger Eitelman 304-671-4999 or email email@example.com. For more information on the car and tractor show call Dave Write at 894-8988.
- Today, Multi family yard sale in front of the Nassawadox Firehouse. Kitchen items, furniture,clothes, shoes, holiday decorations, Longaberger, and a Lularoe consultant will be set up too! Starts at 7am. Last sale of the year!!!
- Today, The Beekeepers Guild of the Eastern Shore will meet at 10:00 AM at the Virginia Tech Experiment Station in Painter. All interested in beekeeping are welcome.
- Today, Blessing of the Animals - 11am to 1pm at the Craddockville United Methodist Church, 33464 Boston Road, Craddockville VA Pastor Rob Kelly will be blessing each pet starting at noon. All are welcome, pets must be on a leash or in a carrier which ever is appropriate. Hope to see you there.
- Today, The Americana Lovebirds performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Amy Celeste-Youngbeard and Jason McKinzie performing originals and folk and country classics! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Today, Yard Sale -- 18197 Mappsburg Road, Painter (Painter-Quinby Rd.), 7:00 am, Yard items, jewelry, ladies shoes & purses, cookware, pictures, vintage mixing bowls, and other goodies. Additional parking available across from our lane at Atkinson's Shed. Come and enjoy the fun.
- Today, Fall Market at Grace in Parksley begins at 8 am until 1 pm. Rain or shine. Seasonal yard sale, casseroles, homemade crafts, wreathes, soups, cheese, Broadwater chicken salad, crafts, games with prizes and more. Food booth opens at 10. Games start at 9. Call 665-4783 for information.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tomorrow, A Pot Luck Lunch will be served at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller immediately following the Worship Service. Please bring enough for your family plus one more. Everyone is welcome to join our Church Family!
- Monday 3 Oct, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 3 Oct, National Boyfriend Day. Evеn thоugh it iѕ technically аn “unofficial” holiday, it iѕ bесоming increasingly popular in recent years.
- Tuesday 4 Oct, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Pine Needle Basketry Class with Joe Beatty. This is the second class in this series. $80 (for both classes, materials included) 1pm-5pm Call 757-331-4327 to register or for more info. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles
- Wednesday 5 Oct, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 5 Oct, The Town and Country Garden Group will present a floral design program, “Floral Inspirations”, with Ken Norman. To be held at 1PM at the Woman’s Club of Accomack County Clubhouse 25405 Richmond Ave. in Onley. This program is free and open to the public.
- Wednesday 5 Oct, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. Amazing local talent hosted by Peg Volk! Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Thursday 6 Oct, The Good News Club meets from 3:45 to 5:15pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. All children are welcome to join the fun. Bus transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are expected to pick up their kids promptly from the church. For more information call Pat Huffman at 757-442-9600
- Thursday 6 Oct, Sawubona InterShare is a series of slide presentations by Dr. Arthur Carter followed by facilitated audience discussions. The topic discussed will be “Ancient African Contributions to World Civilization.” Eastern Shore Public Library in Accomac on Thursday, October 6th 6-8 pm.
- Friday 7 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 7 Oct, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents an open jam with "Three Quarter Time," Dan Duke and Dennis Kelley. Bring an instrument and join in! 6pm-8pm Free Admission. Refreshments/Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles 757-331-4327
- Friday 7 Oct, ESO Live! Presents The Chair Place Players - 8 pm at Eastern Shore's Own Arts Center in Belle Haven. A little bluegrass, a little classic rock, and a whole lot of local talent - guaranteed to be toe-tapping fun! Admission is $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Doors will open at 7:30; beer, wine and other refreshments are available. Reservations are strongly recommended for these popular local musicians! Call 757-442-3226 to reserve your seats. Click here to purchase tickets online. Online purchases includes a $1 per item Online Convenience Fee.
- Friday 7 Oct, Mike Hawker performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Enjoy a night with Mike's acoustic favorites! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 8 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 8 Oct through Monday 10 Oct, 2016 Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival - Attend a variety of field trips and presentations, visit exhibits, and participate in activities which all celebrate the autumn migration of birds and wildlife on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
- Saturday 8 Oct, 44th Annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival - Noon to 4PM at Tom's Cove Park, 8128 Beebe Road. Come enjoy a day full of oysters, oysters, oysters! Oysters on the half shell, steamed, single fried & fritters, clam chowder, clam fritters, salad bar, Boardwalk fries, hush puppies, hot dogs, beverages & more! $45 per person (ages 5 & up). For more information call 757-336-6161.
- Saturday 8 Oct, Swine and Wine to benefit the Boys and Girls' Club - 6 PM to 10 PM at Bill Parr's barn. Groove Junction, the same band that has provided dance music for the past six years, only with a different name, will be performing. A silent auction will feature Eastern Shore art, golfing trips, fishing gear and many other items. Tickets to the event are $50 and $40 for young adults 30 years and younger. For information on sponsorships or to purchase tickets, please call Shannon Gordon at 787-7577 or go to www.swineandwineforthekids.com.
- Saturday 8 Oct, Sawubona Interplay sessions will use movement, music, storytelling and stillness to help us explore our thoughts and feelings about the “To Be Sold” exhibit. Interplay will be led by Karen Hatch and Malaika Nanette Mitchell. Eastern Shore Public Library in Accomac on Saturday October 8th 1-2 pm.
- Saturday 8 Oct, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Enjoy a great meal while listening to Jeff play! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Monday 10 Oct, Columbus Day
- Tuesday 11 Oct, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents 3 Artist Workshops with Bethany Simpson. This class will focus on style and composition. Tuesday October 11, 25 and Nov 8. 10am-2pm $45/workshop $120 for all three classes. Call to register or for more info. 757-331-4327 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles
- Thursday 13 Oct, Sawubona InterShare is a series of slide presentations by Dr. Arthur Carter followed by facilitated audience discussions. The topic discussed will be “Overview of a World History of Enslavement.” Eastern Shore Public Library in Accomac on Thursday, October 13th 6-8 pm.
- Friday 14 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 14 Oct through Sunday 16 Oct, Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller will hold its Annual Revival on Friday & Saturday nights at 6:30pm and Sunday at 11am. Dr. Donnie Brannen Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Kingsport, TN will be our Guest Speaker. This is sure to be a great blessing to all who attend!
- Friday 14 Oct, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Flatfooting. Come on out, ya'll and move your feet to live Appalachian music! 6pm-8pm Free admission. Refreshments/Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave. Cape Charles 757-331-4327
- Friday 14 Oct through Saturday 15 Oct, 5th Annual Haunted House from 7pm to 11pm at the Old Onancock High School. Hope to scare you there!!
- Saturday 15 Oct, Northampton Agricultural County Fair is from 10AM to 2PM at the old Northampton County Middle School. Pie baking contests, tractor driving contests, tractor parade, oyster shucking contest, kids activities, kids farming education, food and so much more fun!
- Saturday 15 Oct, Exmore Town Park Auto Show - Music , food , prizes , trophies, dash plaques & goodie bags. 10:00 to 2:00 --antiques-hotrods -muscle cars - 4x4's - trucks - tractors sponsored by Greater Exmore Business Associates. ,firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-442-4843
- Saturday 15 Oct, The Woman's Club of Accomack County will be holding its annual Fall Yard Sale from 8 AM to 1 PM to be held at the clubhouse, 25405 Richmond Ave. in Onley. Jewelry, toys, books, clothing, white elephant, plants, soup and bake table, new and gently used items. Indoors - Rain or shine!
- Saturday 15 Oct, Sawubona Interplay sessions will use movement, music, storytelling and stillness to help us explore our thoughts and feelings about the “To Be Sold” exhibit. Interplay will be led by Karen Hatch and Malaika Nanette Mitchell. Eastern Shore Public Library in Accomac on Saturday October 15th 1-2 pm.
- Saturday 15 Oct, Bluegrass at Giddens' Legendary Do Drop Inn! The Raw Beets are a foot-stomping string band guaranteed to get you up on the best dance floor on the Shore! Doors open at 7:30 p.m. music @ 8:30 p.m. $10 @ door. 8204 Bayford Road, Weirwood, VA 23413 Call 757-331-2769 for info
You can add to this calendar
Quote of the Day: