Birthdays and Anniversaries:
Calendar of Events for Thursday 23 March 2017:
- Today, Join the Fun! The Good News Club meets at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. Transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are asked to pick their kids up from the church promptly at 5 pm.
- Today, 8pm to 10pm is an uplifting experience as live music soars at the Chair Place on the Craddockville corner. You can play , listen or sing to acoustic blues, bluegrass, classic rock, oldies, gospel, folk etc., but no hip hop or rap with plenty of parking and seating. A worthwhile midweek experience with some great free music. Don't be shy, Give it a try.
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Tomorrow, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing lively Irish and Celtic tunes! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Tomorrow, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio is happy to present Happy Hour with Mike Lancke. Mike plays a variety of music from the 60's, 70's or "wherever else a good song can be found." Join us for a sing-along, drink along, get along happy hour. Dancing optional. 6-8 PM Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave. Cape Charles, VA 757-331-4327
- Tomorrow, BETA Tricky Tray Raffle Fundraiser - Doors open at 5:30pm, first ticket drawn at 6:30pm. $20 in advance or $25 at the door. Entry fee gets you a sheet of 26 tickets. Food will be available for purchase. Over 70 items to choose from. Parksley Volunteer Fire Company, Dunne Avenue, Parksley. For More Information contact Jolynn Perry 757-710-0660 or Shanell Cunningham 757-710-7838
- Tomorrow, Heritage Days:When Assateague was Home - 7pm to 9pm at the Museum of Chincoteague Island. Light refreshments & panel of local residents who have memories of Assateague Village. Anyone with an Assateague Village memory is encouraged to join & share! For more information go to chincoteaguemuseum.com/programs
- Saturday 25 Mar, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 25 Mar, First Annual Cape Charles Rotary Oyster Roast - 3pm to 7pm at Sunset Beach Resort in Kiptopeke. The menu will include oysters, clams and clam chowder with sides. Beer will be for sale for $2 and red or white wine for $3. Tickets are $50, which includes two drink coupons for beer or wine. Tickets can be purchased online at sunset-beach-resort.ticketleap.com.
- Saturday 25 Mar, Jeremy and the Lastones performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. A special appearance by this band that has been nominated for best album and best song of the year by Veer Magazine! Jeremy Lasley, Jennifer Squatrito, John Lasley and Rob Squatrito with all songs written by Jeremy. www.lastonesband.com Reservations recommended at 442-3800.
- Saturday 25 Mar, Raw Beets Bluegrass/Americana return to Giddens' Legendary Do Drop Inn. Get your dancing shoes on! Doors open 7:30 music starts at 8:30 pm $10/admission. Food available for sale. 8204 Bayford Road, Weirwood, VA 23413 Call 442-2139 for info.
- Saturday 25 Mar, Beta Club Chicken BBQ Fundraiser - noon to 6 pm at the Nandua Middle School. Admission is $8 and includes BBQ chicken, a roll, sides and soda - eat in or carry out. All proceeds will help send 15 of our students to the National JR BETA convention in Orlando this June.
- Saturday 25 Mar, Yard Sale, 8:00 am, 18197 Mappsburg Rd., Painter, VA. primitives, kitchen items, yard items, ladies shoes and purses, jewelry, knick-knacks, Easter and other holiday items, and many other goodies. Come join us for the fun!
- Sunday 26 Mar, Taste of the Shore - 3pm to 5pm at the Eastern Shore Yacht and Country Club in Melfa. Sample items from the Eastern Shore of Virginia’s best restaurants. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door. Advance tickets can be purchased from any Onancock Rotary Club Member. Call 787-3200 for tickets and information. Proceeds benefit the Foodbank of the Eastern Shore
- Monday 27 Mar, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 28 Mar, Bingo at the Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30 pm, games begin at 7:30 pm
- Wednesday 29 Mar, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 29 Mar, Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley is having its weekly dinner from 5:30 - 6:30 serving oven fried chicken, baked corn, cabbage, corn bread and dessert. Adults $8.00, children 6-12 $4.00, under 6 free, families $25.00. All are welcome.
- Friday 31 Mar, Peg Volk performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. It's always fun when Peg takes the stage! Playing American Songbook, originals and surprise guests! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 31 Mar, ESO Live! with Pound Net - 8pm at ESO Arts Center in Belle Haven. Tickets $10 in advanced or $15 at the door. Doors open at 7:30pm. Cash Bar, Family Friendly
- Friday 31 Mar, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio is proud to present Bluesman, Mike Hawker. Mike Hawker has got a voice as smooth as butter. He'll take your blues away singing those old, bluesy songs. Mike performs acoustic blues, folk, classic rock, Americana, classic country, and original songs. 6-8 PM Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles. 757-331-4327
- Friday 31 Mar, Pound Net, one of Eastern Shore's most popular groups, will be performing at the ESO Arts Center in Belle Haven. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15.00 at the door. Join Pound Net for a night of America's music for a hand clapping, foot stomping good time. Contact the ESO for tickets at 757-442-3226 or www.eso.org. Call now because a sell-out is expected!
- Friday 31 Mar, Ham Dinner at Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Road in Melfa; 4:30 to 6:30PM. $8 for Ham, macaroni and cheese, green beans, apples, biscuits, dessert and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions call 710-4920 or 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Friday 31 Mar, Deadline for businesses to register for the Regional Job Fair at Eastern Shore Community College on April 5th. Space is limited, businesses wishing to be exhibitors should contact 757-787-2460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday 31 Mar, Pungoteague Ruritan Club Oyster Roast - 6pm at the Moose lodge in Belle Haven to benefit the Ruritan Club Scholarship Fund. Tickets are $40 and include oysters, clam chowder, pork barbecue, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, cole slaw, desserts and nonalcoholic beverages. For tickets, call Paul Custis at 789-1766.
- Saturday 1 Apr, Community Health Care Fair - 10 am to 2 pm at Northampton High School in Eastville. Free screenings will be available for hearing, vision, blood sugar, and blood pressure. This event is FREE and open to the public.
- Sunday 2 Apr, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 2 Apr, The Run For The Animals is a charity event. All net proceeds support local animal welfare. Choose either the half marathon, 10K or 5K run/walk. Leashed canines are welcome. For more info on participating, volunteering, sponsoring, or fundraising visit website or call 757-999-4999.
- Sunday 2 Apr, Bingo fundraiser - Coach & 31 bags Bingo - fundraiser for Nandua's after prom alcohol free party. Exmore Moose lodge. $25 in advance (call Elizabeth Teasley to reserve your spot @ 709-9103)/ $30 at the door. Doors open at 12:30. Games start at 2:00. Great prizes, plus lots of food, raffles and silent auction items.
- Monday 3 Apr, Advising Week for the upcoming Summer Schedule at Eastern Shore Community College will be April 3-7. Registration starts on April 10th. Finacial aid deadline will be May 1st. Schedule available here.
- Wednesday 5 Apr, Accomack-Northampton Regional Job Fair - 9am to 1pm at the ESCC Workforce Development Center in Melfa. Advanced registration is required. Please call Sandra Johnson at 757-787-2460 or send email to email@example.com
You can add to this calendar