Calendar of Events for Tuesday 31 March 2015:
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Tomorrow, Lunch & Lecture:Oyster Wars & Sustainability (Part 3). 11:30AM – 1PM. Join us at Ker Place on as guest lecturer Barry Truitt speaks on the Broadwater, an overview of 400 years of history of the barrier islands and coastal bays on the seaside of the Eastern Shore of VA. Tickets $20 for Society Members & $25 for non-members. Visit shorehistory.org or call 757-787-8012 to register.
- Tomorrow, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Local talented musicians and entertainers hosted by Peg Volk. This month's headliner is Austin Riopel. Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Tomorrow, Grace United Methodist Church Fellowship Dinner:5:30PM-6:30PM - The menu for this Wednesday's fellowship Dinner at Grace UMC in Parksley is:Chicken and Rice, String Beans, Rolls and Dessert. Bring friends and family to enjoy food and fellowship at Grace! We look forward to seeing everyone there!
- Thursday 2 Apr, Swing Into Spring - Swing Dancing 7pm - 9pm at the Chincoteague Cultural Alliance World Headquarters, 6309 Church Street.
- Friday 3 Apr, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Friday 3 Apr through Saturday 4 Apr, Easter Decoy & Art Festival at the Chincoteague Center. Local and national carvers and artists exhibit and sell their one-of-a-kind crafts. Call 336-6161 for more info.
- Friday 3 Apr, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7:00-9:00pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing Irish tunes and Celtic classics. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 4 Apr, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 4 Apr, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 4 Apr, Community Easter Egg Hunt in Accomac, VA. 11am to 1pm at Drummondtown Baptist church at the corner of Front and Back Streets. Bring your own basket to hunt for eggs. Hunt for children up to grade 5. Lunch will be served. Everyone is invited.
- Saturday 4 Apr, Bay to Bay 10K Run & 5K Run/Walk Sponsored by the Chincoteague Island Family YMCA. 8am Start. Check-in begins at 6:30am. Register day of event. Robert Reed Park (Downtown Main Street.) For more information call (757) 336-6266 or visit YMCA Chesapeake.
- Saturday 4 Apr, Easter Egg Hunt - 11:00 AM at the Cape Charles Central Park
- Saturday 4 Apr, Al McKegg playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7;00-9:00pm. Al is new to the Shore after performing in the DC and Baltimore area for years. Originals, covers and hits from his CD "Al's All-Nite Diner." Call 442-3800.
- Sunday 5 Apr, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 5 Apr, Sunrise Service at Oyster Dock 6:30 a.m. Followed by Breakfast at Travis Chapel
- Sunday 5 Apr, Special Easter Service to be held at Zion Apostolic Church Colonial Square, Belle Haven at 10 AM. Special Singing, Puppet Show, Easter Egg Hunt for ages 12 and under. Come expecting to feel God's presence!!
- Monday 6 Apr, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 7 Apr, The Sky's the Limit, Easter Shore of VA 2015 Tourism Summit. This free workshop is for current and future Eastern Shore of VA tourism business owners who want to learn more about how to meet the demands of today's savvy traveler. Held at the Eastern Shore Community College from 10:30am to 5pm. To register, please visit esvatourism.org/register.
- Friday 10 Apr, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 10 Apr, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7:00-9:00pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing Irish tunes and Celtic classics. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 11 Apr, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 11 Apr, Chincoteague Island Artful Flea & Farmers Market - A curated community yard sale featuring arts, crafts, antiques, jewelry, food and fun. 9am - 3pm. Vendors:Prepaid registration required. Sponsored by Chincoteague Cultural Alliance. 6309 Church Street.
- Saturday 11 Apr, Twist and Shout Concert - Beatles music with Wayne George and his band. Held at the Island Theatre. 7pm. Tickets available at Sundial Books and H & H Pharmacy. $15/person or $25/couple.
- Saturday 11 Apr, Heroes 4 Sale performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7:00-9:00pm. Josh Barrett from Chincoteague plays blues, originals and old-time favorites. Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Sunday 12 Apr, Concert by Reunion Quartet. Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Rd., Melfa. 4:00 PM. Refreshments will follow. All are invited to come hear this group as they worship in song and praise of the Lord.
- Tuesday 14 Apr, Game Time (for adults) - Come join your friends and neighbors to play dominoes, checkers, rummy, chess and more at the Northampton Free Library in Nassawadox at 2pm. We'll meet every second and fourth Tuesday and light refreshments will be provided. Call 414-0010 for more info.
You can add to this calendar
Star Trek Quote of the Day:
Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge.
Kirk, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2