Calendar of Events for Friday 9 December 2016:
- Yesterday through Tomorrow, Mid-Atlantic Rockfish Shootout Weigh-In station on the pier at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Today, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Open Mic Night - Holiday Edition featuring Scott, Melinda, Sheila & Adam. Calling all musicians, poets, storytellers and performance artists! 6-8pm Free Admission. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar.
- Today, Peter Hartzler performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Pete plays awesome acoustic classics! Also buy healthy hemp products at the Shack! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Today, SHOP 4 the Shore:Love to Shop? Love our Shore? Purchase perfect holiday presents & help Citizens for a Better Eastern Shore protect our environment.Cape Charles Shop this Fri @The Boardwalk 5-8pm 10% of Sales go to CBES-Wow!Festive, feel-good way to check off your holiday shopping list!
- Today, Annual Holiday Dinner at Ker Place in Onancock. Cocktails will begin at 6:30 pm followed by a four-course dinner. To purchase tickets, visit shorehistory.org or call 787-8012. Proceeds benefit the Eastern Shore Historical Society.
- Today, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Today through Sunday 11 Dec, Christmas in Onancock - Christmas Homes Tour, Music Festival, Holiday Decorations, Hometown Christmas Parade and more.
- Tomorrow, Santa Comes to Town - Kayaking reindeer lead Santa's arrival by boat at the Onancock Town Dock at 11 o'clock, where he will listen to children's holiday wishes.
- Tomorrow, Cole Stevens & The Delta Daggers - Rhythm, Roots & Blues @ Giddens' Legendary Do Drop Inn Holiday Bash! Doors open @ 7:30 p.m. music @ 8:30 p.m. Food available for sale. $10/admission. 8204 Bayford Rd. Weirwood, VA 23413 Call 757-442-2139 for info.
- Tomorrow, Turkey Shoot 10am at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac
- Tomorrow, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Jeff has an array of covers songs that he makes his own! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Tomorrow, Christmas Music Festival - 2pm to 6pm at Cokesbury UMC in Onancock. Eight groups including the Eastern Shore Orchestra, the Accomack Community Band, the Waterfront Band, and more. Start off your Christmas with MUSIC! Free admission
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Sunday 11 Dec, Onancock Christmas Parade - Fire trucks, ponies, floats, bands and more, from across the Eastern Shore of Virginia, will parade down Market Street and through town.
- Sunday 11 Dec, The 12th Annual Chowder Cook Off at the Pearl Event Center at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. Local restaurants battle it out! Come and vote for the Best! $20.00 advance adult ticket - $10.00 kids ticket. $25.00 at the door. $5.00 of each ticket supports your local fire department.
- Sunday 11 Dec, Children's Tea Party with Mrs. Claus - 2pm at Hampton Inn & Suites in Chincoteague.
- Sunday 11 Dec, The Accomack Community Band will perform at Oak Grove UMC 30053 Seaside Rd., Melfa during regular worship service from 9:00 to 10:00 AM; All are invited to come to hear a selection of Christmas music performed by a very talented group of musicians. Call 710-4920 with any questions.
- Sunday 11 Dec, Messiah Sing-Along - 4 pm at Hungars Episcopal Church in Bridgetown. The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore, Stefan Dulcie on organ and harpsichord, renowned soloists, and a skilled Chorus will all provide a glorious concert, with community participation. Free. Followed by refreshments in Parish House. 757-678-7837 for more information. All are welcome!
- Monday 12 Dec, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 14 Dec, NHPS Annual Dinner & Membership Meeting at the Historic Eastville Inn. Hear guest speaker, Kellee Blake on "To Be a Virginian:The Civil War in Northampton County." $65-members/$75-non members. Reservations required. Visit:www.northamptonhistoricpreservationsociety.com.
- Wednesday 14 Dec, Grace United Methodist Church in Parksley is having its weekly dinner serving pot roast, potatoes & carrots, green beans, rolls, and dessert. Adults-$8.00, children-$4.00, under 6-free, families-$25.00. All are welcome!
- Wednesday 14 Dec, Fried chicken dinner - 5pm to 7pm at the Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Fried chicken wings & breasts; seasoned green beans; cool & tasty cole slaw; flaky rolls; tea or coffee; and the widest selection of homemade desserts around! Adults $10, kids 12 and under $5. Dine in or take out.
- Wednesday 14 Dec, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 15 Dec, Third Thursday Open Mike Poetry and Storytelling Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm. Local poets and wordsmiths hosted by Ken Sutton. Special Holiday edition! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 16 Dec, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Fa la la Festive Friday. Join us for carols with William Neill, fresh roasted chestnuts, lively conversation, complimentary refreshments and cash bar. 6-8pm 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles 757-331-4327
- Friday 16 Dec, The Muddy Gems performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Husband and wife duo "Rock" and Laurel Rochford from Virginia Beach. Acoustic and electric favorites! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 16 Dec, SHOP 4 the Shore:Love to Shop? Love our Shore? Purchase perfect holiday presents & help Citizens for a Better Eastern Shore protect our environment.Cape Charles Shop @Like a Sailor 5-8pm 10% of Sales go to CBES-Wow!Festive, feel-good way to check off your holiday shopping list!
- Friday 16 Dec through Monday 19 Dec, ESO's 26th production of the Nutcracker Swings at Nandua High School. This annual holiday tradition will feature local area ballet students as they perform the swing version of the classic ballet. For more details or to purchase tickets see the ESO website.
- Saturday 17 Dec, 13th Annual Greens, Gifts and Goodies Holiday Sale presented by the Town and Country Garden Group. Woman's Club of Accomack County Clubhouse on Richmond Ave in Onley from 8 AM until 1PM. Holiday decor, baked goods, soups, meals ready to eat, gifts and more. Bring the kids for breakfast with Santa beginning at 8:30.
- Saturday 17 Dec, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Peace Cranes - Origami Ornament Workshop with Sharon Whitman. Enjoy the soothing practice of origami. Fold by fold, we'll get into the holiday spirit together. $10 materials provided. Call 757-331-4327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Saturday 17 Dec, The Friends of the Eastern Shore Public Library sponsor Visit with Santa at Accomac Library from 10am to noon. All children will receive a candy cane, book mark and a book (in English or Spanish). Bring your camera to capture the special holiday moment. Call 757-787-3400 for more information. Accomac Library, 23610 Front St, Accomac VA 23301
- Saturday 17 Dec, Matt, Wayne and Bill performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Acoustic duo Matt and Wayne Young accompanied by Bill LeCato on the piano. Holiday gifts galore at The Shack! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Sunday 18 Dec, Santa visits The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek from 12 Noon until 2:00 p.m. Kids receive a special gift and eat free (ages 12 & under) with purchase of adult regular menu from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday 18 Dec, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Tuesday 20 Dec, A Veterans Workshop will be held at the Virginia Employment Commission in Onley VA starting at 10AM. Veterans who attend will meet providers in the areas of employment, housing assistance, health care, counseling, and Veterans benefits, literally one-stop shopping for Veteran supportive services. For more information, call (757) 787-5862.
- Wednesday 21 Dec, Trivia with Eric Hack at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Come test your knowledge and show everyone how smart you are. Prizes for the top 3 scores.
- Wednesday 21 Dec, Hollies Baptist Church will be Christmas Caroling! Meet at the church at 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller at 6:30pm. We'll be Singing to the residents at the Hermitage at 7pm. A Reception for the Carolers will follow!
- Friday 23 Dec, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Once Upon a Holiday:The Snow Queens' Battle of the Books. Santa has made a mistake-he has invited both the Snow Queen of the North and the Snow Queen of the South to read holiday stories to the children. Which of these royal ladies will get the last word? Children of all ages are invited for stories, complimentary cookies and hot chocolate. 5-6pm.
- Friday 23 Dec, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Fa la la la Festive Friday:Carols with Pianist William Neill. William Neill's other-worldly music will help last minute shoppers find the perfect gift. 6-8pm. Free admission. Complimentary refreshments including fresh roasted chestnuts. Cash bar. Part of @festivefridayscapecharles 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles
- Friday 23 Dec, The American Lovebirds performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Make your holiday weekend sparkle with Amy Celeste-Youngbeard and Jason McKinzie! Call 442-3800 for info and reservations!
- Friday 23 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
You can add to this calendar
Quote of the Day: