Calendar of Events for Sunday 7 February 2016:
- Today, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Today, The Accomack 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet on Sunday, 2/7 from 2:00 - 4:00 PM at the Noaawiva Sportsmen Club on Rt. 175E near Oak Hall. The club membership is open to all girls and boys from 9 to 18 years old. Youth will have opportunity to learn shooting safety and skills under the guidance of certified instructors. Call 757-442-7287 for further information.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 9 Feb, Queen Anne's County 1776 March for Independence arrival and reception today at 1pm on Historic Court Green in Eastville. It's been 240 years since it was first done. Come out and welcome them for their own historic event!
- Wednesday 10 Feb, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 11 Feb, The Good News Club continues at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road, in Keller at 3:30pm. This is a blessed event for kids is fun and educational. Transportation is provided from Pungoteague Elementary School. Students should sign up at the school. Parents are asked to pick up their kids from the church at 5pm.
- Friday 12 Feb, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 12 Feb, Celebrate Valentine's Day early with Eso Live! Jessica West will perform love songs, including originals. Shows are performed in our intimate, nightclub-like setting by local and regional musicians. Light snack provided. Beer, wine, soda, and water available for purchase. 15293 King St. Belle Haven, VA 23306 | 757-442-3226 | www.esoartscenter.org
- Friday 12 Feb, Discover your love for history as we honor Black History Month from 6P - 9P. Downstairs at Ker Place gives you a glimpse of what domestic life was like in an 18th century Virginia planter's home. Co-produced by Why,Yes! Consulting/Carla Savage Wells. For more information and to purchase tickets, call 757.787.8012 or visit our website at www.shorehistory.org
- Friday 12 Feb, Jeff Madson is playing at the Blarney Stone Pub in Onancock from 6:30 til 9:00. Come out and hear some great tunes with your great dinner and drinks.
- Saturday 13 Feb, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 13 Feb, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 13 Feb, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Treat someone special to a night out with your favorite songs played by Jeff. New dinner specials and Valentine treats for sale! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 13 Feb, Eastern Shore Ice Bowl , sign up 8:35 am , tee time 11:05 am proceeds to Eastern Shore Foodbank, prizes ,$ 20.00 & 6 non parish items, Disc Golf is the sport. play,watch,donate.Indiantown Park , Eastville, Va. contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 13 Feb, Exmore Baptist Church will host The Island Boys in Concert at 6:30 P.M. Danny Travers from Deal Island & Ernie Evans from Smith Island. Call 442-9491 for more information.
- Sunday 14 Feb, Valentines Day
- Sunday 14 Feb, Valentine's Day Cabaret at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 5:00-8:00pm. "The Not Quite Original Valentine Show" comedy written by Sara Stuart and performed by Sara and Thom Nolan. Music by "The Heartbeats" (Peg Volk, Melinda McPeek & Scott Wade). Make reservations early - $30 pp for 3 course meal, show and donation to SPCA. Menu is on our FB page. Call 442-3800!
- Sunday 14 Feb, ACES presents the Virginia Opera at 2:30 PM at Nandua High School. An afternoon of arias & Broadway music along with selections from "Deep River:The Marian Anderson Journey" - a show about the incomparable 20th century contralto. Sponsored by Shore Bank. Tickets:Outlets & Online $24; Door $26; all student tickets $5. Additional information:acesva.org or 757-302-0366.
- Thursday 18 Feb, Book Group. Open to the public Meetings are at Naomi Makemie Presbyterian Church Onancock Va. ? 3rd Thursday of each month, 1-3 PM
- Thursday 18 Feb, The Good News Club has its final meeting for this series at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road, in Keller at 3:30pm. This is a blessed event for kids is fun and educational. Transportation is provided from Pungoteague Elementary School. Students should sign up at the school. Parents are asked to pick up their kids from the church at 5pm.
- Thursday 18 Feb, Third Thursday Poetry and Storytelling Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Local poets and wordsmiths open mike hosted by Peg Snowden Volk. A real taste of the Shore! Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Friday 19 Feb, The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore, directed by Dr. Paul Kim, presents “Northern Winds,” music by two northern European composers at Cokesbury Methodist Church in Onancock at 7:30 pm. Orchestral selections include Edvard Grieg's Holberg Suite and Music from Peer Gynt, and Jean Sibelius' Andante festivo and Impromptu for Strings. Admission is free; donations welcomed.
- Saturday 20 Feb, The Exmoreons playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. B.K. Kurzbard and Eddie Dixon rocking the house with blues, rock, and classics! No cover charge! Local oysters and dinner specials. 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 20 Feb, Dinner/Auction at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. All proceeds benefit the Medical Assistance Fund & 100% of the funds are used by ESVA citizens. Chester Jackson Auctioneer. Come bid on a 1978 Corvette, just one of the auction items. 757-787-7750 for tickets $25pp Preview @5pm, dinner @6pm, auction @7pm
- Sunday 21 Feb, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 21 Feb, The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore presents music by two northern European composers at Hungars Episcopal Church, Bridgetown, at 4:00 pm. Orchestral selections include Edvard Grieg's Holberg Suite and Jean Sibelius’s Impromptu for Strings. Lee Jordan-Anders will perform Sibelius’s Impromptus for Piano, Nos. 5 & 6 as well. Admission free; donations welcomed.
- Sunday 21 Feb, Ticktown Wingfest #2 at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open @ 1pm. 20 WingMaster Chefs cooking chicken wings in a competition, Cornhole Tourney(weather permitting)other games also! All you can eat wings $20pp or $1 per wing. All proceeds benefit Brandi Drummond. Are you interested in cooking $40 entry fee. 757-787-7750
You can add to this calendar