Calendar of Events for Thursday 21 August 2014:
- Today, Book Group. Open to the public Meetings are at Naomi Makemie Presbyterian Church Onancock Va. ? 3rd Thursday of each month, 1-3 PM
- Today, 8pm Acoustic Drop In Jam at the Chair Place on the Craddockville corner. Plenty of seating, parking. BYOB. Bluegrass, blues, country, classic rock, folk, etc. on a large stage. Last week was standing room only for a large dancing, singing bunch of fun seekers grooving to the tunes.
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Tomorrow, Celtic Sessions with David Kohut and Eric White at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Irish night to cool your summer evening! Call 442-3800 or visit www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Tomorrow, Cold Plate Dinner at Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Rd. in Melfa, 5:00-7:00PM. Chicken salad, cole slaw, potato salad, deviled eggs, rolls, dessert, and tea or coffee-$7.00. Chicken salad by the pint-$8.00. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions call 710-4920, 710-0392, or 710-8730. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Saturday 23 Aug, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 23 Aug, Last day to register for the 2014 Eastern Shore Master Naturalists basic training class which will be held on Thursdays, Sept. 11 through Nov. 13 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Historic Onancock School. Fee of $95 includes all materials and field trips. For more information and to download registration forms, visit the web site at http://masternaturalistesva.com.
- Saturday 23 Aug, Jeff Madson playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Jeff is a local favorite with acoustic classics and rich vocals. Enjoy a night of good food and good music! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 23 Aug, Relay for Life Team Hook'n 4 Hope's 2nd Annual Woman-less Pageant at the moose lodge in Belle Haven. Doors open at 6 Pageant starts at 7, Silent Auction Items, Raffles, DJD Productions, Ocean Bay Photo Booth and Dance 9-12. It's Gonna Be a Funfilled Night!
- Sunday 24 Aug, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for:Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. All are welcome!
- Sunday 24 Aug, Narrowpath - a contemporary Christian Band will be bringing witness through music at the 11 AM service at Grace UMC in Parksley.
- Monday 25 Aug, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 27 Aug, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Friday 29 Aug, ESVAPC Omaha Eight Poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Friday 29 Aug, Celtic Sessions with David Kohut and Eric White at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m in Nassawadox. Fast becoming a Friday night favorite! Classic Irish tunes and Celtic acoustics. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 30 Aug through Sunday 31 Aug, Chincoteague Decoy Carver's Association Decoy Show at the Chincoteague Community Center. Local carvers display their work. Saturday 9 AM - 5 PM, Sunday 10 AM - 4 PM. $3 Admission, under 12 FREE, two day passes $5 each. For more info, contact Cinda Walls at 410-546-1635.
- Saturday 30 Aug, The Exmoreons performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack in Nassawadox 7-9 p.m. B.K. Kurzbard and Eddie Dixon are known for their exuberant blues, rock, and all around good time! Enjoy the fun! Call 442-3800 or visit www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Saturday 30 Aug, Faith Community Church hosts Aim the Arrow Back to School Youth Conference. Saturday, August 30th from 11:30-2:30pm. Come out to this free event. There will be games, food, school supplies, & lots of fun! Event will be held at Nandua High School!
- Sunday 31 Aug, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for:Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. All are welcome!
- Monday 1 Sep, Labor Day
You can add to this calendar
Word of the Day: