Calendar of Events for Wednesday 4 December 2013:
- Today, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-10:30pm. Support your local musicians, poets and entertainers! A right jolly collection of talent! Call 442-3800 for reservations. No cover charge! Local gifts and gourmet groceries!
- Today, Painter Volunteer Fire Company Bingo. Doors open @ 6:30pm games begin @ 7:30pm.
- Today through Tomorrow, Northampton County is sponsoring 2 Informal Public Informational Meetings with regard to the Proposed Zoning Ordinance and Map, Wednesday 7:00pm-10:00pm in the cafeteria at Occohannock Elementary School and Thursday 7:00pm-10:00pm in the cafeteria at Kiptopeke Elementary School.
- Tomorrow, Brownsville Open House - Adults and kids, please come enjoy the historical home, conservation video, campfire, farm trailer ride, and refreshments including apple cider, homemade sweets, cheeses, dips, ham biscuits. Call 757-442-3049, ext 10 or Google for directions.
- Tomorrow, 8pm. Acoustic drop in jam on the Craddockville corner at the Chair Place. Plenty of parking, seating, large stage. It's Christmas and the time to play some Holiday music along with bluegrass, blues, classic rock, gospel, oldies, British Invasion, rockabilly, etc. Listen, sing, play.
- Tomorrow, The Northampton County Republican Unit's monthly meeting, 7pm at Little Italy in Nassawadox, VA. All are welcome to attend. For more info please visit www.virginiaseasternshoregop.org
- Friday 6 Dec, The Eastern Shore Madrigal Singers present Happy, Happy, Happy Holidays, 7:30 PM at Nandua High School
- Friday 6 Dec, St Nicholas Day Dinner at St George's Church, Pungoteague for the Benefit of "Children on the Eastern Shore" 4 Entree:Portobello Mushroom Stew; Seafood Mouclade; Texas Beef Brisket and Chicken Stew with a side of Rice. Desserts too many to mention. Dinner begins at 6:00pm Tickets $12 in advance $15 at door and please Bring an unwrapped TOY for a child! Call 787-4892 www.stgeorgesesva.org
- Friday 6 Dec, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Saturday 7 Dec, Breakfast With Santa 9:30 to 11:00 Drummondtown Baptist Church (in Accomac, corner of Front and Back streets). Cost:$10 per child (Donations accepted for adults). Price includes a picture with Santa. Breakfast includes pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, juice and coffee. Proceeds to Benefit the DBC Youth and Children’s Ministry Fund.
- Saturday 7 Dec through Sunday 8 Dec, High Point Glassworks Studio Holiday Open House 10 am - 5 pm 30389 Bobtown Road, Pungoteague, VA Glassblowing Demonstration. 2013 New Ornament Design Available During Open House. Unique One of a Kind Gifts Glass Ornaments, Functional & Decorative Glass by Glass Artist Ken Platt www.highpointglassworks.com
- Saturday 7 Dec, Magical Weekend in Cape Charles
- Saturday 7 Dec, Chincoteague Old-fashioned Christmas Parade ? Floats, bands, Fire Companies from all around the Eastern Shore, special visit from Santa. (7 p.m.)
- Saturday 7 Dec, Bingo @ Eastville Vol. Fire Dept Bingo Hall. 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 7 Dec through Sunday 8 Dec, Free live Nativity, hay rides, pony rides, and barrel train rides at Pfeiffer Riding Stables on Sat 7-9pm and Sun 5-7. Pfeiffer Stables is located on the main road into Cape Charles (1/2 mile from the Cape Charles light) will see sign on the right. Come on out and have a hot coco with us!
- Saturday 7 Dec, Pre-Santa Train fun in Exmore! Starting at 11:30am at the corner of Front and Commercial Streets (across from railroad tracks). Balloon artist Don Fogle, portraits with Santa by Stevon Sample, refreshments and caroling. Sponsored by GEBCA.
- Saturday 7 Dec, Please join us at the Book Bin for our Annual Holiday Open House from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Come enjoy tastings of snacks from our favorite cookbooks, book signings by local poets, free fresh-brewed coffee, a free gift with any $25 purchase, and the opportunity to earn Book Bin Bucks! Please call with any questions:757-787-7866
- Saturday 7 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Tournament at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company, 15312 Bayside Drive in Bloxom. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. For more information call 757-710-0408
- Saturday 7 Dec, Santa Train
|9:00 am||Cape Charles||11:25 am||Nassawadox||2:25 pm||Melfa|
|9:50 am||Cheriton||12:05 pm||Exmore||3:20 pm||Onley|
|10:30 am||Eastville||1:20 pm||Painter||4:30 pm||Parksley|
- Sunday 8 Dec, The Eastern Shore Madrigal Singers present Happy, Happy, Happy Holidays, 2:30 PM at Nandua High School
- Sunday 8 Dec, Cheriton Baptist Church Ensemble will present the cantata "Christ was Born for This" at 11 AM. All are welcome to enjoy this music and narration.
- Monday 9 Dec, Ladies' Night at Windsor House! 6pm Come have some fun and shop local!!
- Monday 9 Dec, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 11 Dec, Cheriton Vol Fire Fried Chicken Dinner String Beans, Cole Slaw Desserts Coffee or Tea. 5 till 7 Adults $9.00 Kids $4.00
- Friday 13 Dec, Noel Night, 5 - 8 pm. Santa arrives at Onancock Wharf by boat, accompanied by kayak reindeer. Caroling and tree-lighting in Town Park. Shops and galleries remain open until 8 p.m.
- Friday 13 Dec through Sunday 15 Dec, Nutcracker Ballet, a beloved Shore Holiday Tradition thanks to talents of ESO Arts Center dance students led by Director Dana Floyd. Each year a fresh production transforms a humble stage into a Christmas Eve fantasy with elaborate costumes,famous musical score & the captivating art of dance. At Nandua High School 7pm & 2pm. Info 442-3226, www.esoartscenter.org
- Friday 13 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em tournament in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 13 Dec, Holiday Dinner at Ker Place, 6:30 PM. Join us for an elegant supper while Ker Place is decorated in its full splendor for the season. Tables accommodating up to 8 people may be reserved. Celebrate the season and allow us to take the work off your plate. $60 - individual / $100 per couple. www.shorehistory.org or by calling 757-787-8012 Please have your credit card information at hand.
- Saturday 14 Dec, Holiday Open House at Ker Place, 11:00 AM ? 4:00 PM. Local garden clubs will decorate Ker Place for the holidays with free exhibits open for the public to view all day. Experience the history and magic of nutcrackers, pictures with Santa, children activities, festive music and much more. This event is free and done in conjunction with the Christmas in Onancock Homes Tour & Music Festival. www.shorehistory.org
- Saturday 14 Dec, Noel Noon in Onancock, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Santa arrives at Onancock Wharf by boat, accompanied by kayak reindeer. Caroling and tree lighting follow.
- Saturday 14 Dec, Bingo-Atlantic Fire House, Early Bird @ 6pm with Regular Bingo @ 7pm 824-4844
- Saturday 14 Dec, Onancock Christmas Homes Tour, 2-6 p.m. Enjoy music and other events presented by local churches and businesses. Presented by the Onancock Business & Civic Association for a better Onancock and to benefit local nonprofit organizations.
- Sunday 15 Dec, Hymn Sing 3PM at Travis Chapel United Methodist Church in Oyster, A lot of good singers so come out and join us, and If anyone else out there would like to sing for us, just give me a call and I will add you to the program
- Sunday 15 Dec, Holly Jolly Christmas Party, 3:00 PM at the Historic Palace Theatre & Arts Enter in Cape Charles
- Sunday 15 Dec, Bingo @ VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 15 Dec, Onancock Christmas Parade, 5:00 PM
- Monday 16 Dec, Nandua High School Band and Chorus Winter concert will be held at 7p.m. The concert is free and open to the public.
- Wednesday 18 Dec, Children's Christmas musical "Stranger In The Manger" 7pm at Chincoteague Church of God. Large Children's choir with kids 4-14 will sing, dance and act out this special age old story of Christs' birth. Afterwards there will be a Cookie Social that all are welcome to attend with special guest appearance by Santa Claus. For more info call 757-336-5161 .
You can add to this calendar