Birthdays and Anniversaries:
- Happy birthday to Shari Aigner
- Happy birthday to Bruce Holland
- Happy birthday to William Lewis
- Happy 56th birthday to David Moore
There are 37 birthdays and 3 anniversaries this week
Calendar of Events for Sunday 26 March 2017:
- Today, Taste of the Shore - 3pm to 5pm at the Eastern Shore Yacht and Country Club in Melfa. Sample items from the Eastern Shore of Virginia’s best restaurants. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door. Advance tickets can be purchased from any Onancock Rotary Club Member. Call 787-3200 for tickets and information. Proceeds benefit the Foodbank of the Eastern Shore
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 28 Mar, Bingo at the Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30 pm, games begin at 7:30 pm
- Wednesday 29 Mar, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 29 Mar, Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley is having its weekly dinner from 5:30 - 6:30 serving oven fried chicken, baked corn, cabbage, corn bread and dessert. Adults $8.00, children 6-12 $4.00, under 6 free, families $25.00. All are welcome.
- Thursday 30 Mar, Join the Fun! The Good News Club meets at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. Transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are asked to pick their kids up from the church promptly at 5 pm.
- Friday 31 Mar, Peg Volk performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. It's always fun when Peg takes the stage! Playing American Songbook, originals and surprise guests! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 31 Mar, ESO Live! with Pound Net - 8pm at ESO Arts Center in Belle Haven. Tickets $10 in advanced or $15 at the door. Doors open at 7:30pm. Cash Bar, Family Friendly
- Friday 31 Mar, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio is proud to present Bluesman, Mike Hawker. Mike Hawker has got a voice as smooth as butter. He'll take your blues away singing those old, bluesy songs. Mike performs acoustic blues, folk, classic rock, Americana, classic country, and original songs. 6-8 PM Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles. 757-331-4327
- Friday 31 Mar, Pound Net, one of Eastern Shore's most popular groups, will be performing at the ESO Arts Center in Belle Haven. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15.00 at the door. Join Pound Net for a night of America's music for a hand clapping, foot stomping good time. Contact the ESO for tickets at 757-442-3226 or www.eso.org. Call now because a sell-out is expected!
- Friday 31 Mar, Ham Dinner at Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Road in Melfa; 4:30 to 6:30PM. $8 for Ham, macaroni and cheese, green beans, apples, biscuits, dessert and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions call 710-4920 or 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Friday 31 Mar, Deadline for businesses to register for the Regional Job Fair at Eastern Shore Community College on April 5th. Space is limited, businesses wishing to be exhibitors should contact 757-787-2460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday 31 Mar, Pungoteague Ruritan Club Oyster Roast - 6pm at the Moose lodge in Belle Haven to benefit the Ruritan Club Scholarship Fund. Tickets are $40 and include oysters, clam chowder, pork barbecue, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, cole slaw, desserts and nonalcoholic beverages. For tickets, call Paul Custis at 789-1766.
- Saturday 1 Apr, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 1 Apr, Community Health Care Fair - 10 am to 2 pm at Northampton High School in Eastville. Free screenings will be available for hearing, vision, blood sugar, and blood pressure. This event is FREE and open to the public.
- Sunday 2 Apr, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 2 Apr, The Run For The Animals is a charity event. All net proceeds support local animal welfare. Choose either the half marathon, 10K or 5K run/walk. Leashed canines are welcome. For more info on participating, volunteering, sponsoring, or fundraising visit website or call 757-999-4999.
- Sunday 2 Apr, Bingo fundraiser - Coach & 31 bags Bingo - fundraiser for Nandua's after prom alcohol free party. Exmore Moose lodge. $25 in advance (call Elizabeth Teasley to reserve your spot @ 709-9103)/ $30 at the door. Doors open at 12:30. Games start at 2:00. Great prizes, plus lots of food, raffles and silent auction items.
- Monday 3 Apr, Advising Week for the upcoming Summer Schedule at Eastern Shore Community College will be April 3-7. Registration starts on April 10th. Finacial aid deadline will be May 1st. Schedule available here.
- Wednesday 5 Apr, Accomack-Northampton Regional Job Fair - 9am to 1pm at the ESCC Workforce Development Center in Melfa. Advanced registration is required. Please call Sandra Johnson at 757-787-2460 or send email to email@example.com
- Friday 7 Apr, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 7 Apr through Saturday 8 Apr, Spring Roundup at the South Pony Corral in Chincoteague. Please enjoy this opportunity to view the ponies while observing safety precautions posted by the CVFC. Click here for more information
- Friday 7 Apr, Fridays at Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio is pleased to present Meher Strings 6-8 pm Come over to Lemon Tree for this FREE event and soak up some good old-fashioned classical music bliss! Featuring a trio of wonderful musicians who are joining us from the other side of the water. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave Cape Charles 757-331-4327
- Friday 7 Apr, Quarter Auction to benefit Relay for Life - 6pm at the Bloxom Firehouse. Entry and one bidding paddle are $5; additional paddles are $5 each. For $50, you get entry and paddles for eight people with reserved priority seating. Refreshments will be for sale. For more information or table reservations, call Brenda Laws at (757)710-1729.
- Saturday 8 Apr, Beach Bash Oyster Roast at YMCA Camp Silver Beach. All-inclusive ticket prices include Eastern Shore oysters, clams, clam chowder, BBQ, wine by Chatham and beer by Wendell's. Tickets are $50 if purchased by March 24th and $75 after. All monies raised will benefit the YMCA Camp Silver Beach Camper Scholarship Campaign. Visit www.campsilverbeach.org/beachbash for more details.
- Saturday 8 Apr, Rainier Trio in concert - 7:30pm to 10pm at Cokesbury Church. More Details at www.classicstringsduo.com
- Saturday 8 Apr, Touch-a-Truck - 10am to 3pm at Arcadia High School. Trucks and equipment will be coming from Dublin Farms, Hill Sand and Gravel, the Virginia Marine Resources Commission, the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles, the Greenbackville Fire Department and more. Grab your lunch while you're there! BBQ lunches with coleslaw, baked beans and a drink are just $7. There will also be a bouncey house. $5 donation to enter.
- Saturday 8 Apr, ACES presents the Rainier Trio at 7:30 PM at Historic Cokesbury Church in Onancock. This trio is an exciting group that captivates audiences with gems from the violin-viola-piano repertoire. This concert bridges genres from classical to ragtime and the tango. Tickets:Outlets $20; Door $22; student tickets $5. Addl. info:www.acesva.org or 757-302-0366. Find ACES on Facebook.
You can add to this calendar