Calendar of Events for Thursday 2 July 2015:
- Yesterday through Saturday 4 Jul, 63rd Wachapreague Volunteer Firemen's Carnival - 7:30 to 10:30 each night. See the website for details.
- Today through Saturday 4 Jul, Pocomoke Volunteer Fire Company annual Independence Day BBQ
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Tomorrow, The Exmoreons at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack in Nassawadox 7-9pm. B.K. Kurzbard and Eddie Dixon playing blues, rock and more! Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Saturday 4 Jul, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 4 Jul, Independence Day
- Saturday 4 Jul, Old Fashioned Fireworks Display at the Chincoteague Carnival Grounds. Sponsored by the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company. Gates open early and all rides and games open at 7:00 PM and close at 11:00 PM.
- Saturday 4 Jul, Museum of Chincoteague Island Living History Series - A showcase of wonderful storytellers sharing their knowledge about life, work and heritage on Chincoteague. 2pm at 7125 Maddox Blvd. $3 admission fee for non-members 12 yrs and over. For more information, visit chincoteaguemuseum.com
- Saturday 4 Jul, 127th and Last Calvary U.M. Church Annual Supper - 21475 Hopkins Rd Parksley VA, 2pm to 6pm
- Saturday 4 Jul, Annual Fourth of July Firecracker Book Sale from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the Accomac Library, 23610 Front St., Accomac. Great books at cheap prices. Free coloring books and pencils for the youngsters. Free refreshments for everyone. Sponsored by Friends of the Eastern Shore Public Library. For more information, 757-787-3400.
- Saturday 4 Jul, 4th of July Non-Motorized Bicycle Parade - 10 AM in Accomac. The parade is open to everyone and the Town encourages participants both young and old to show your patriotism and love for this great country we live in by decorating your bikes to the max. The parade will begin at Wards Exxon, just north of the library, and end on the Courthouse lawn. The Community Band will play a selection of patriotic music and there will be free Popsicles and water for all.
- Saturday 4 Jul, 37th Annual Pete Rowe Memorial Fun Run/Walk will be held in Nassawadox at 9am. Registration at 8:30am at the park across from the post office. Fee is $10, age 12 and under are free. Trophies for age categories. T-shirts to all participants, while they last. Proceeds benefit scholarships at ESCC.
- Saturday 4 Jul, The Great Machipongo Clam Shack closing at 8pm. Happy 4th!
- Sunday 5 Jul, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Monday 6 Jul, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 6 Jul, 19th Century Kids Camp. July 6–10(9am-1pm). Ages 7-11. A number of household items will be created and campers will learn how early Americans bartered for goods, traveled around the Shore, & entertained themselves. $165 ($150 for members and all materials, a snack, and a T-shirt are included. Campers need to bringlunch each day. To register call 757-787-8012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday 10 Jul, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 10 Jul, The Lowlanders playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White with Celtic and Irish tunes. Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Saturday 11 Jul, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 11 Jul, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Local favorite playing acoustic rock and blues. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Thursday 16 Jul, Book Group. Open to the public Meetings are at Naomi Makemie Presbyterian Church Onancock Va. ? 3rd Thursday of each month, 1-3 PM
You can add to this calendar