Calendar of Events for Friday 18 April 2014:
- Today, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Today through Tomorrow, 35th Annual Chincoteague Decoy Show & Art Festival at the Chincoteague Combined School. Friday noon to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm. Local and national carvers and artists exhibit and sell their one-of-a-kind crafts. For more info visit the website.
- Today, Good Friday Candlelight Communion Service - 6pm Shore Presbyterian Church, 34446 Lankford Hwy., Painter, VA. (Formy's) All are invited. Info:757-350-0318
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Tomorrow, Easter Egg Hunt, 11 AM sharp at Union Baptist Church on Chincoteague. Over 800 Easter Eggs hidden. Please bring your own basket or bag for collecting eggs.
- Tomorrow, Easter Egg Hunt at Cape Charles Central Park at 2:00pm
- Tomorrow, EGGcellent EGGstravaganza at Exmore Baptist Church, 3:00 to 5:00 P.M. for Age 4 thru 6th Grade. Egg Hunt, Refreshments, Games, Crafts, Lots of Fun. For more info, call 442-9491.
- Tomorrow, Jeff Madson performs @ The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Shore favorite - come enjoy!
- Tomorrow, Maplewood Gardens Spring Open House from 11am to 4pm. Pound Net plays music from 12pm to 3pm. Come out and enjoy the Spring day.
- Sunday 20 Apr, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Monday 21 Apr, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 21 Apr, The Accomack GOP will meet at 7:00pm at the Club Car Cafe at 18497 Dunne Ave. in Parksley, Virginia 23421. All are welcome to attend. For more info please visit http://virginiaseasternshoregop.org
- Wednesday 23 Apr, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 23 Apr, Cheriton VFC Spaghetti Dinner - 5 TO 7 PM at the firehouse. Hot, zesty spaghetti with meat sauce, fresh tossed salad, toasty garlic bread, iced tea or coffee, and scrumptious homemade desserts. Adults $9, children $4 (hot dogs available). Dine-in or Carry-out!
- Wednesday 23 Apr, Be Heard:Northampton County! Board of Supervisor Granville Hogg is inviting county residents to Town Hall Meeting 7PM @ Cape Charles Museum & Welcome Center. Welcoming input on county's Proposed Zoning, PSA, Emergency Medical Services, County Budget...
- Friday 25 Apr, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 25 Apr, Eastern Shore Museum Heritage Trail. Celebrate the history and culture of the Eastern Shore with this one day only event. Museums up and down the Shore will be open on for you to see all the sights and sounds the Shore has to offer. Admission is free. To ensure a smooth visit, please call ahead to the museum(s) you plan to visit. www.shorehistory.org/heritagetrail
- Friday 25 Apr, Blessing of the Fleet, 5:30 PM at the Cape Charles Harbor
- Friday 25 Apr, Voices of the Shore, a benefit performance for the Boys and Girls Club, 7 p.m. at the Franktown United Methodist Church.
- Friday 25 Apr, Shore Little League opening ceremony, 5:30 pm at the Randy Custis Memorial Park in Nassawadox
- Friday 25 Apr, Johnson's Church Men's Club is having their Spring Clam Fritter Supper from 5-7 p.m. at 11175 Bayside Rd., Machipongo. The cost is $8 adults, $3.50 children. The all- you-care-to-eat menu includes clam fritters, hush puppies, potato salad, cole slaw and dessert. United Methodist Women are selling chicken salad ($7/pt) and baked goods.
- Friday 25 Apr, Pulled Pork Dinner at the Oak Grove United Methodist Church in Melfa; 5:00-7:00 PM; $7.00; Pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, dessert, and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place orders early or for questions, call:710-4920, 710-0392, or 710-8730. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Saturday 26 Apr, Bingo at the Atlantic Fire House. Early Bird at 6pm, Regular Bingo at 7pm. 824-4844
- Saturday 26 Apr, Third Annual Fine Art and Crafts Show and Sale - Woman's Club of Accomack County 25405 Richmond Ave. Onley, Va. - 10AM until 4PM - The best of local art and handcrafts as well as unusual plants for your landscape. $1 admission - Show benefits E.S. Public Library Foundation Capital Campaign
- Saturday 26 Apr, Camp Silver Beach Beach Bash Oyster Roast, 3-7pm at YMCA Camp Silver Beach in Jamesville Virginia to benefit the Camper Scholarship Campaign. $50 ticket includes oysters, clams, clam chowder, BBQ, wine and beer. Live music, silent auction. Tickets available at The Book Bin or BB&T in Mappsville or Exmore, or call 442-4634.
- Saturday 26 Apr, The Cape Charles Historical Society will hold its annual Low Country Shrimp Boil at the Cape Charles Museum from 5 – 9 PM. Alabama shrimp boil recipe. Wine & beer available. Live music by country singer Kasey Rae. Tickets are $30, $10 for children 7 to 12, available at Sullivan’s Office Supply in Cape Charles (757-331-3180) or by credit card by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Saturday 26 Apr, Gus the Bardic Troubadour plays @ The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Celtic music and entertainment.
- Saturday 26 Apr, Central Accomack Little League will be hosting the annual Pitch Hit & Run baseball / softball skills competition from 10am - 3pm at the CALL softball field. This is a free event open to all boys and girls age 7-14 as of July 14th 2014. For more information contact Kevin McCluskey 757-787-1113 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 27 Apr, 4th Annual Blessing of the Worms, 1:30 PM to 3 PM at the New Roots Youth Garden in Cape Charles
- Friday 2 May, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
You can add to this calendar