Calendar of Events for Friday 3 July 2015:
- Wednesday 1 Jul through Tomorrow, 63rd Wachapreague Volunteer Firemen's Carnival - 7:30 to 10:30 each night. See the website for details.
- Yesterday through Tomorrow, Pocomoke Volunteer Fire Company annual Independence Day BBQ
- Today, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Today, The Exmoreons at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack in Nassawadox 7-9pm. B.K. Kurzbard and Eddie Dixon playing blues, rock and more! Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Today through Tomorrow, Chincoteague Volunteer Fireman’s Carnival - 7pm to 11pm each night at the Chincoteague carnival grounds
- Today, 2nd Annual BBQ Chicken Dinner held by the Nandua Booster Club starting at 10am. The dinner will be in the front parking lot of Nandua High School. Cost is $8 per meal for half BBQ chicken, cole slaw, applesause, roll and choice of water or soda. Come out and support the Nandua Booster Club.
- Tomorrow, Independence Day
- Tomorrow, Old Fashioned Fireworks Display at the Chincoteague Carnival Grounds. Sponsored by the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company. Gates open early and all rides and games open at 7:00 PM and close at 11:00 PM.
- Tomorrow, Museum of Chincoteague Island Living History Series - A showcase of wonderful storytellers sharing their knowledge about life, work and heritage on Chincoteague. 2pm at 7125 Maddox Blvd. $3 admission fee for non-members 12 yrs and over. For more information, visit chincoteaguemuseum.com
- Tomorrow, 127th and Last Calvary U.M. Church Annual Supper - 21475 Hopkins Rd Parksley VA, 2pm to 6pm
- Tomorrow, Annual Fourth of July Firecracker Book Sale from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the Accomac Library, 23610 Front St., Accomac. Great books at cheap prices. Free coloring books and pencils for the youngsters. Free refreshments for everyone. Sponsored by Friends of the Eastern Shore Public Library. For more information, 757-787-3400.
- Tomorrow, 4th of July Non-Motorized Bicycle Parade - 10 AM in Accomac. The parade is open to everyone and the Town encourages participants both young and old to show your patriotism and love for this great country we live in by decorating your bikes to the max. The parade will begin at Wards Exxon, just north of the library, and end on the Courthouse lawn. The Community Band will play a selection of patriotic music and there will be free Popsicles and water for all.
- Tomorrow, 37th Annual Pete Rowe Memorial Fun Run/Walk will be held in Nassawadox at 9am. Registration at 8:30am at the park across from the post office. Fee is $10, age 12 and under are free. Trophies for age categories. T-shirts to all participants, while they last. Proceeds benefit scholarships at ESCC.
- Tomorrow, The Great Machipongo Clam Shack closing at 8pm. Happy 4th!
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Eastville Vol Fire Co, has been cancelled this saturday the 4th. Will return next saturday normal time. Happy 4th everyone and thank you for your support.
- Tomorrow, Independence Day Celebration, Exmore Moose Lodge, 3:00 pm- until Fireworks are over. Fireworks at dusk. Bounce house, face painting, raffles, food, a DJ & more. Open to the public. Call 757-442-4958 if you need more information.
- Sunday 5 Jul, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 5 Jul, Art in a Barn begins at 6:30 pm at ESLAND’s Mimosa Barn just outside of Cape Charles at Eyre Hall Creek. Space will be transformed into a stage for dance, music, projection, community, and good food and drink. This innovative experience offers a stunning Eastern Shore sunset, dazzling guests with a night that unravels in a series of site-specific, live performance “events” and plenty of time to relax and enjoy the scenery with friends and family. Dinner and Cash Bar will be followed by performances beginning at 7:30 p.m. Suitable for all ages. Special screening of dance films by COORPI, Italia, with performance and music by the Experimental Film Virginia artists.
- Monday 6 Jul, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 6 Jul, 19th Century Kids Camp. July 6–10(9am-1pm). Ages 7-11. A number of household items will be created and campers will learn how early Americans bartered for goods, traveled around the Shore, & entertained themselves. $165 ($150 for members and all materials, a snack, and a T-shirt are included. Campers need to bringlunch each day. To register call 757-787-8012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday 8 Jul, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Friday 10 Jul, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 10 Jul, The Lowlanders playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White with Celtic and Irish tunes. Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Saturday 11 Jul, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 11 Jul, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 11 Jul, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Local favorite playing acoustic rock and blues. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Thursday 16 Jul, Book Group. Open to the public Meetings are at Naomi Makemie Presbyterian Church Onancock Va. ? 3rd Thursday of each month, 1-3 PM
- Friday 17 Jul, The Lowlanders playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White with Celtic and Irish tunes. Call 442-3800 for more info.
You can add to this calendar