Birthdays and Anniversaries:
- Happy birthday to Dot Fisher Smith
- Happy 51st birthday to CRay Pruitt
- Happy 38th birthday to Kelly Lynn Yon
- Happy 13th anniversary to Heather & William Spence
There are 42 birthdays and 12 anniversaries this week
Calendar of Events for Monday 1 May 2017:
- Today, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30 pm, games begin at 7:30 pm
- Tomorrow, Blood Drive - 11am to 3pm on the American Red Cross bus in the Riverside Shore Memorial hospital parking lot in Onley.
- Tomorrow, The Beekeepers Guild of the Eastern Shore will meet at 6:30 at the Barrier Island Center in Machipongo. Experienced beekeeper Matt Cormons will talk about making hive splits and taking honey. Refreshments will be served- all are welcome.
- Wednesday 3 May, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 3 May, Wednesday night dinner at Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley serving meat loaf, mashed potatoes, peas, rolls and dessert. Adults $8, Children 6-12 $4, Under 6 free. Families $25. Take-outs are available. Everyone is welcome!
- Wednesday 3 May, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. Local talent hosted by Peg Volk. This month we're celebrating Cinco de Mayo! Come and fiesta at the Shack! Reservations recommended 442-3800.
- Thursday 4 May, Join the Fun! The Good News Club meets at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. Transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are asked to pick their kids up from the church promptly at 5 pm.
- Friday 5 May, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 5 May, All Baroque. The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore performs late 17th and early 18th century works, including Bach’s Keyboard Concerto No. 1 in D Minor. Other pieces are by Corelli, Albinoni, and Vivaldi. 7:30 p.m.,at Historic Cokesbury Church, Onancock. Free; donations welcomed. email@example.com.
- Friday 5 May, The Americana Lovebirds performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Amy Celeste-Youngbeard and Jason McKinzie playing originals and fun covers. Cinco de Mayo! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 6 May, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 6 May, 49th Annual Chincoteague Seafood Festival - 10am to 4pm at Tom's Cove Park, 8128 Beebe Rd. Tickets are $45 per person (Children under 5 are FREE) Gates open at 10am, seafood is served from Noon until 4pm. To purchase tickets visit the Chamber office, call 757-336-6161 or click here to purchase online.
- Saturday 6 May, ACES & the Red Queen Gallery present the Stephanie Nakasian Ensemble at 7:30 PM at Nandua High School. For 30+ years, Ms. Nakasian has set the standard as a jazz singer. Her performances include major jazz festivals and the Kennedy Center, Lincoln Center, The Blue Note and many more. Tickets:Outlets $20;Door $22; student tickets $5. Info:www.acesva.org or 757-302-0366. Find ACES on Facebook
- Saturday 6 May, Onancock Super Saturday Yard Sale - 8am to noon at Gazebo Park. Rain date May 13th
- Saturday 6 May, Spring Bazaar, Belle Haven United Methodist Church (35446 Belle Haven Rd.). Festivities begin at 8:00AM and will include a silent auction, flea market (aka White Elephant sale) and bake sale. Auction items include nursery plants, folk art, oyster tin, gift certificates from Shore businesses, framed artwork and other great items.
- Saturday 6 May, Juleps by the Bay to benefit Habitat for Humanity, 4pm to 7pm at the home of Lisa and David Tankard. This house has been featured in local and state wide garden tours due to its lovely appointed gardens and landscaping. Tickets are on sale for $75 a person or $140 a couple, and includes wine by Chatham Vineyard, beer, and mint juleps, as well as dinner from Pig-Nic Catering from Virginia Beach. There will be wonderful music, with dancing, by the HM band on the Tankard's lovely patio situated amongst beautiful flowers. Please call the Habitat Office at 442-4687 for more information or to purchase tickets.
- Saturday 6 May, Hog Bash 2017 at the Onancock Elks Lodge, 12-4pm $40pp includes food, beverages, entertainment, $250 drawing every 15 minutes & at 4pm a drawing for the 2017 Harley Road Glide Ultra. For tickets call 787-7750 or buy them online. Separate 20 guns & cash raffles. Hog Bash 2017 proceeds to go benefit local charities here on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
- Saturday 6 May, Household Hazardous Waste Collection, 10am-2pm, Eastville, Painter, and Fishers Corner (Parksley) Convenience Centers - First 50lbs of waste free! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Saturday 6 May, Shore Loafers playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack in Nassawadox 7-9pm. Debbie, Kayla and Tim Durst with George Duer playing classic covers! Come enjoy good music and a Shore fresh dinner!
- Sunday 7 May, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 7 May, All Baroque. The Orchestra of the Eastern Shore performs late 17th and early 18th century works, including Bach’s Keyboard Concerto No. 1 in D Minor. Other pieces are by Corelli, Albinoni, and Vivaldi. 4:00 p.m., at Hungars Episcopal Church, Bayside Rd., Bridgetown. Free; donations welcomed. email@example.com.
- Sunday 7 May, bluegrass acoustic drop in jam - 2pm sharp at Mt Pleasant waterfront estate between Belle Haven and Craddockville Rd. 1st left turn after Shields Bridge on Shields Bridge Rd heading west. Play, listen, sing, watch the action in a great acoustic sunroom setting. Look for white picket entrance with Mt Pleasant sign. RSVP 442 3366.
- Wednesday 10 May, Drinking Liberally - 7pm to 9pm at the Charlotte Hotel in Onancock. Open mic at 8pm
- Wednesday 10 May, Wednesday night dinner at Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley serving chicken & dumplings, turnip greens, yams, rolls and dessert. Adults $8, Children 6-12 $4, Under 6 free. Families $25. Take-outs are available. Everyone is welcome!
- Friday 12 May, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 12 May, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White playing Irish and Celtic favorites! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 13 May, 8th Annual Renaissance Faire - 11 am to 4 pm at Arcadia High School. The faire includes games, childrens activities, musical and dramatic performances, medieval combat demonstrations, medieval craft demonstrations, food, and vendors.
- Saturday 13 May, Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company 12th Annual Car Show - Registration 8-12 $15. Open to all year make and models. Awards at 2pm. Food on site. Top 30 and Best in show.. Participant Judging.
- Saturday 13 May, The Reasoners performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9pm. Red Miller, David Parks and Christopher Nacy playing rock, oldies, blues and more! Call 442-3800
- Sunday 14 May, Mothers Day
- Monday 15 May, Ground Breaking for Eastville Medical Center
You can add to this calendar