- Happy 79th birthday to James Jones
- Happy 58th birthday to Natalie Potts
- Happy 32nd birthday to Becky Walker (Crumb)
- Happy 52nd birthday to Bud Parker
- Happy birthday to Horace Savage
- Happy birthday to Eve Marie Carstens
- Happy 129th birthday to Dwight D Eisenhower
There are 45 birthdays and 4 anniversaries this week
- Today, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Today, Columbus Day
- Today, Blood Drive - 2 to 7 PM at the Craddockville United Methodist Church
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Tomorrow, Accomack - Northampton Region of the AACA monthly meeting, 6:00 pm social and 7:00pm meeting time at The Sage in Onley. Bring a friend who loves old cars & trucks & scooters too , info at 757-442-4843 leave number , name and message
- Wednesday 16 Oct, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 16 Oct, Bingo at the Saint Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Onley. Doors open at 5:30 PM, games begin at 6:45 PM
- Wednesday 16 Oct, Nature Conservancy OktoberForest Night at Cape Charles Brewing Co, 6:00-9:00 pm. Free and open to the public! Visit with Nature Conservancy staff and volunteers, and see if you can win a prize. Good beer needs clean water. Clean water needs healthy forests. Healthy forests need our protection. For more information, please contact Margaret at email@example.com or (757) 414-9227.
- Wednesday 16 Oct, Blood Drive - 11 AM to 3 PM at Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital
- Thursday 17 Oct, International Coastal Cleanup with The Nature Conservancy, 10:00 am-1:00 pm. Seeking volunteers for barrier island cleanup - location TBD. Please contact Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 414-9227 for more information or to pitch in. Space limited by boat capacity.
- Thursday 17 Oct, Make an Informed Vote! CBES Northampton Candidate Forum - 7 to 8:30 PM at Occohannock Elementary School in Exmore Contested Elections:Board of Supervisors Districts 4. David L. Kabler, Sr. & L.Dixon Leatherbury. Live-streamed on WESR 103.3 FM www.shoredailynews.com. More info at www.cbes.org
- Thursday 17 Oct, The Woman's Club of Accomack County would like to invite the public to hear Mr. Jason Thomasson with the U.S. Postal Service, Inspection Division speak at 1:00 pm at the Carrie Watson Clubhouse in Onley. He will be presenting a program about mail fraud, tax fraud, work from home schemes, and other fraudulent activities. Please join us!
- Thursday 17 Oct, Dessert for Delaney and Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser, 5:30pm til 8pm at the Onancock Elks Lodge. $10 donation, carry out available 787-7750. Also we'll be having a large dessert raffle. Come out and help support 12 year old Delaney and her parents while undergoing medical treatments in Charlottesville. Donations can be mailed to; BPOE #1766, POB 219, Accomac, Va. 23301 ref Delaney
- Friday 18 Oct through Saturday 19 Oct, Hall Street Haunted House in Bloxom, VA 1900-2300
- Saturday 19 Oct, Exmore Town Park Auto Show Main Street, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm - last year rained out. Homemade 1 of a kind Trophies, Dash Plaques, 50/50 raffle, Food Truck, Music some Live with David Pruitt a Tangier Native. Open to Classics, Cars & Trucks, Hot Rods, Muscle Cars, RAT Rods, Special Interest & Tractors. Vendors Wanted (contact before Oct. 8, 2019) info leave message with # to 757-442-4843
- Saturday 19 Oct, Swine & Wine dinner and dance - 6 to 10 pm at the Mary N. Smith Cultural Enrichment Center outside of Accomac. This is the biggest fundraiser of the year for Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia – Eastern Shore Club. For more information or to purchase tickets go to www.swineandwineforthekids.com.
- Saturday 19 Oct, Big Bucks Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Doors open at 5 pm. Games and Instants on sale at 6 pm. $100 Games and two $500 Jackpots. Food and Drinks Available. Gamepacks cost $45, all games are included.
- Saturday 19 Oct, Agee Family in Concert at Exmore Baptist Church, corner Main St. & Occohannock Rd., Exmore at 6:00 P.M. Dessert Reception following the Concert. More information at 442-9491.
- Sunday 20 Oct, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm
- Sunday 20 Oct, Walk With A Doc - 4 PM at the United Methodist Church on Market Street in Onancock. Sponsored by the Eastern Shore Rural Health System. Lace up your comfy shoes and join in the weekly walk. See the website for more information.
- Wednesday 23 Oct, Nature Conservancy OktoberForest Night at Black Narrows Brewing Company on Chincoteague, 6:00-9:00 pm. Free and open to the public! Visit with Nature Conservancy staff and volunteers, and see if you can win a prize. Good beer needs clean water. Clean water needs healthy forests. Healthy forests need our protection. For more information, please contact Margaret at email@example.com or (757) 414-9227.
- Wednesday 23 Oct, Eastern Shore Public Library Groundbreaking Ceremony - 10 AM at the site of the new Eastern Shore Regional Library & Heritage Center at 24313 Bennett Street in Parksley
- Friday 25 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 25 Oct through Saturday 26 Oct, Hall Street Haunted House in Bloxom, VA 1900-2300
- Saturday 26 Oct, Fundraiser Gala - 6 pm at the Historic Palace Theatre in Cape Charles. Please join us to celebrate the gifts of great food, fun music, and vibrant arts education in Cape Charles. It’s time for a pARTy! Live music by Rolling Stones tribute band Wilder Horses, catered by Gourmet Gang. Champagne toast, cash bar, live and silent auction. Tickets are $50. Thank you for supporting the arts!
- Saturday 26 Oct, Trunk or Treat - 3:30 to 5:30 PM on Mason Avenue in Cape Charles
- Saturday 26 Oct, Haunted Harbor - 6 to 7:30 PM in Cape Charles. See the flyer for details
- Saturday 26 Oct, Red Bank Baptist Church in Marionville is having a Pancake and Eggs Breakfast from 8 to 10 AM. $5 donation requested for adults, children 6 to 12 for $2.50, under six free. For more info call Pastor John at 757-693-1917. All are welcome
- Saturday 26 Oct, You are invited to the Grand Opening of the new Sandpiper Marine at the former Stevenson Equipment Building on Route 13 by the Tasley overpass from 9 AM to 2 PM. The Grand Opening celebration will feature live music, free lunch catered by Mallards, boat demos in the new pond, many great prize giveaways hourly, and 10% off all store inventory.
- Saturday 26 Oct, Special Olympics Grader Shed Bash 5 to 11 PM at the Scott Farms Grader Shed. See the flyer for details
- Saturday 26 Oct, Savageville Community Yard Sale - 8am to noon (rain date November 2nd). Set-up space $10. Looking for Artist, Crafters, and Yard Sellers; Call 757-710-8835
- Sunday 27 Oct, Trunk or Treat - 4 to 6 PM at the Eastern Shore Yacht and Country Club. Open to the public, there will be a costume and carved Jack-O-Lantern contest. Bring your pumpkin enter. There will also be a prize for the best decorated trunk. Participants decorate their trunk and supply candy for the children. To host a trunk, email Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a parking spot. Car set up is from 3 to 4 PM. You must be in your spot by 4 PM.
You can add to this calendar