Zadock was born in Worcester Co., MD November 27, 1798. Zadock was the son of Edward Henry(Mjr.) and Sarah "Sally" Elizabeth Marshall. Zadock died December 13, 1870 in Worcester Co., MD. A transcript of his will by Suzanne B. Hurley is posted at the Ocean City Lifesaving Museum.
His body was interred in Worcester Co., MD, Buckingham Prebyterian Church. Zadock was administrator for the estate of Gertrude Henry (his grandmother) in 1827. Zadock and his family were enumerated in the 1850 census of Worcester County; Zadock was a merchant, as was his son, Zadock, Jr. Zadock named a brother, Robert Henry, and his children in his will. A full copy of his lengthy will has been transcribed by Suzanne B. Hurley at the Ocean City Lifesaving Museum and includes property descriptions of land owned by Mary King Jenkins Henry Hampton. A small portion follows:
To his son, Zadock, he left all tracts or parcels at "Genezar" "Goshen" and "Goshen Mayfield." To his son, John W., he left lands lying on the north or right-hand side of the road leading from Berlin to Libertytown known as the Whittington lands, the Smith lands and the Timmons lands, together with the woodland and cypress swamps adjoining said lands being contiguous to and adjoining that of Lemuel Showell and George Fassitt. To John W. and daughter, Mary Polk, he left all that tract of land being on both sides of and adjoining Pocomoke River and near to and below Givans Bridge known as "Straban," purchased from his brother, Robert Henry. To daughter Adeline Bird he left his house and all the land attached, including all the land belonging on the north or right hand side of the road leading from Buckingham cemetery to John E. Marshall's gate and also all that tract purchased from Dr. Ratliffe; and lot of ground near the hotel in Berlin on the west side of the main street being the land whereon the town hall and the storehouse now occuplied by Charles Collins. To Moses and Mary Johnson, children of deceased daughter Elizabeth, he left all the land from the estate of Henry Johnson and land on the south or left hand side of the road leading from Buckingham cemetery to John E. Marshall's gate, formerly belonging to Henry Franklin. To his daughters Laura Henry and Adeline Daugherty, land owned by his father on the south or right hand side of the road leading from Liberty Town to Poplar Town along with the Gunby land called "Desire's Addition." To his wife, Sally Mary, the land he bought in 1869 from Isaac B. & Mary Purnell, including the land at Newport Neck, except that portion he leaves to daughter Henrietta. To daughter Henrietta Mitchell land on south side of the road leading from Newport Bridge to Hayes Landing and that which is west of Witch Creek between Witch Creek and Deep Landing bought of Isaac B. Purnell. Other lands purchased of Isaac B. Purnell were left to his son George Edward Henry. He left a melodeon to daughter Adelia and piano to Laura. To daughter Mary Polk, he left "Long Ridge."
She made a will in Worcester Co., MD, October 15, 1869. Sarah's will was probated in Worcester Co., MD, April 2, 1872. (Matthew Wise, The Littleton Heritage, p. 423; Melanie Ayres Merryweather, Genealogy of the Purnell Family, p. 39)
Sally's will was transcribed by Suzanne B. Hurley at the Ocean City Lifesaving Museum. She named daughter Henrietta Mitchell and son George Edward Henry.
Zadock P. Henry and Sarah "Sallie" Mary Purnell had the following children:
710 i. Henrietta Washington Purnell7 Henry was born in Worcester Co., MD January 28, 1849. Henrietta died 1929 in Worcester Co., MD. Her body was interred in Worcester Co., MD. She married Henry Pinkney Mitchell in Worcester Co., MD, 1869. Henry was born 1850. Henry died 1906 in Worcester Co., MD. His body was interred in Worcester Co., MD. (Melanie Ayres Merryweather, Genealogy of the Purnell Family, p. 39; Genealogy of the Henry Family, p. 9)
+ 711 ii. George Edward Henry was born May 23, 1851.
|>>> Advertise Here <<<|